ADVERTISEMENT

OU is in the Playoffs? Told You So!!!

Well, we can all sit here on our keyboards and pontificate our infallible opinions about whether it was just the players or the coaches. Get your egos out of the way and just own up to the fact it was both. If you don't think the coaching had anything to do with the success of the offense, then you must think the players are a bunch of liars, because early on they all commented to reporters on the offensive "changes", how things were simplified, etc... And again, how many times this year did you scream at you television watching the QB standing there looking at the sideline with seconds ticking off of the play clock waiting for a play to get signaled in. Players played better and we had better coaching..... and yes, ST, we had JFW.

I guess a pat on the back is in order. I for one, requested your pin on top be removed after the RRS game because it seemed to be unattainable. No one would have predicted that the Texas loss put a resolve (to prove everyone wrong) in the entire Sooner coaching staff and players that we witnessed the last seven weeks and frankly, have not seen in a number of years. Very similar to 2000 although the Sooners did not lose a game that season.

Win or lose in the playoffs, the 2015 Sooner team will be one of my favorites. #8, do we dare to believe?!!!

Reactions: Senior Sooner
The "guy expected to execute" the "same thing" is taught to do so by coaches. Yes, if he fails to execute it can be EXCLUSIVELY his (the player's) fault.....OR....it can be a flaw in how he was coached. It is a two way street. Really not worthy of debate.

Depends on what he sees. He didn't call the audible last year. This year he does. If the guy in the booth called the wrong audible why throw the player under the bus?

Riley took the heat for TK after the TCU game. Heupel liked to tell us how the game plan was fine, players just didn't execute... OK.

Yep, this thread is bereft of any good qualities at all.
All down side.;)
$50 sez your comment will be misinterpreted...either deliberately, or by 'don't have a clue'...
Eh, I know, that's OK.
But if can make ONE person look up 'bereft' in the dictionary then my work here is done...:D
Who is "if"? I'll keep my eye out for him and whether he can make me do anything more than a shot of some rot gut whiskey. :confused:

OK, PtLavaca...Who are YOU? Deliberate, or Clueless? :p

I once was pretty naive and actually thought that as a moderator I could stop the infighting crap etc. I was wrong. There are more posters on this board that enjoy the splintered factions and the name calling and tossing of insults than they do the OU game itself. I've come to realize that most are good people, great fans, but also internet FB coaches that believe they are the best thing since Baker Mayfield.

Chill everybody & enjoy the playoffs!
Internet football coaches? WNAS I seem to remember you being pretty critical of Heupel.

Here's hoping Coach Mike doesn't get fired as predicted after this season too...we've got some real visionaries here.

Bob Stoops sure does disagree with you though....hence the reason he has made so many changes on his staff the last few seasons. This OU season achieved different results because of different coaches roaming the sidelines.

At least Mike Gundy last night after the game admitted that sometimes as coaches you go into a game with a gameplan, and during the course of the game you learn the gameplan wasn't as good as you thought it was. He was shouldering the blame for the game being such a blowout since he realized the gameplan he and his staff came up with didn't work out all that well and he failed his players.

Funny, but every time I hear him discuss it, he always credits the players. Now I know you know more than Bob, but I prefer his credibility over yours.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
Plaino you stated not too long ago we had the best staff in the country. Since that time most of those guys have been fired. Explain please

Yes tulsan we even had some posters that thought heupel wasn't part of the problem. Good thing he was let go.

Funny, but every time I hear him discuss it, he always credits the players. Now I know you know more than Bob, but I prefer his credibility over yours.
Well I'm glad you prefer his credibility over mine, because that fits my narrative perfectly that it was in fact BOB'S decision to hold his past coaches accountable for the lackluster results on the field, rather than letting them keep their jobs as lay blame on the players not making plays. So I'm glad you hold Bob's credibility on such a pedestal, yet its fascinating how your line of thinking differs from his so greatly.

See Plaino...when Bob stands up there and praises his players instead of himself, it's called humility. But I'm not surprised that you don't recognize it.

Reactions: tok1983
Here's hoping Coach Mike doesn't get fired as predicted after this season too...we've got some real visionaries here.

I think you're talking about me. And as usual, you need to be corrected. I never said he would be fired. You assumed that & as usual you assumed wrong. Again. I said this would be his last season as a Sooner. There is a difference and while I'm impressed with the turn around of the defense, I plan to make a post on this subject once the season has finalized.

You were DEAD wrong about Heupel and was so embarassed by your blind faith in the wrong man, that you had to step away from the board. Heuepel is not and was not Mr. Sooner last season or any season as a Coach. I may or may not be wrong about my prediction on MS, but I can also admit when I wrong. You'll never see me bailing this board. I'll take a stand and admit it when I'm wrong. Something you have never allowed yourself to do. It's your weakness.

Last edited:
Plain I disagree. Our coaches were doing a sub par job and were fired. It wasn't the best staff in the country. Thankfully changes were made and along with the emergence at the qb position OU is much improved

Explained several times before. Any staff headed by Bob Stoops is the best staff in the country. That has not changed.
Lol, I never took you for someone who resorted to using a "simpleton" form of reasoning. It's one thing to call Bob one of the best, if not THE best coach in the country. He certainly has the credentials to back that up. But never just assume through "simpleton logic" that that title automatically applies to all other coaches on Bob's staff. That literally makes zero sense.

That means that while you still were calling the past coaches "the best staff in the country", they had in fact already declined in their performance and abilities, yet you had completely failed to realize and/or noticed it. Thankfully Bob has a better handle on this program than that, and actually holds his coaches accountable for their jobs, instead of simply putting everything on whether players make plays or not.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I think you're talking about me. And as usual, you need to be corrected. I never said he would be fired. You assumed that & as usual you assumed wrong. Again. I said this would be his last season as a Sooner. There is a difference and while I'm impressed with the turn around of the defense, I plan to make a post on this subject once the season has finalized.

You were DEAD wrong about Heupel and was so embarassed by your blind faith in the wrong man, that you had to step away from the board. Heuepel is not and was not Mr. Sooner last season or any season as a Coach. I may or may not be wrong about my prediction on MS, but I can also admit when I wrong. You'll never see me bailing this board. I'll take a stand and admit it when I'm wrong. Something you have never allowed yourself to do. It's your weakness.

Still get SOOOO emotional. Quite a diatribe though that's pretty clearly some pent up anger and frustration. Here's hoping I never feel I need to try and defend myself against ridiculous, emotionally, blatherings from someone with your track record of integrity and lack of character. I'd hate to look as silly as you do right now.

Still get SOOOO emotional. Quite a diatribe though that's pretty clearly some pent up anger and frustration. Here's hoping I never feel I need to try and defend myself against ridiculous, emotionally, blatherings from someone with your track record of integrity and lack of character. I'd hate to look as silly as you do right now.
Trust me, those of us that are on the outside looking in think that ALL parties involved in this pathetic message board feud look silly.

Clearly JM needs to be a college coach someplace...with so much "told you so" knowledge and expertise about building a football team. All Bob and his staff needed to do was read JM's blueprint on how to achieve what they achieved. JM is truly one of Bob's "undercover weapons" that he doesn't tell the public about, but he relies on it more heavily than ever.

But just for argument's sake, JM you were also one of the posters on here who VEHEMENTLY defended Norvell and condemned his firing. How did that "told you so" part of your vast football intellect work out??
This what happens when you have stubborn posters. I know I'm pretty Stubborn. Lol

Sign.jpg

Plaino was big time wrong on our staff. However it's not a big deal. It just gets discussed more than it should because he would won't admit it. Mike is right,we are ALL super hard headed and I might be the president

It seems to be the only possible way to communicate with four or five people on the board.
Don't try and blame your simpleton views of the OU football staff on others that you feel you have to lower your intelligence level to theirs. Your stance on coaches in the past has been wrong and incredibly flawed. Nothing wrong with admitting it. Even these 4 or 5 "simpletons" as you call them could even see there were issues within the staff. You see..sometimes just a little bit of common sense is what's needed, rather than trying to apply some sort of self-perceived higher intelligence about these situations.

Don't try and blame your simpleton views of the OU football staff on others that you feel you have to lower your intelligence level to theirs. Your stance on coaches in the past has been wrong and incredibly flawed. Nothing wrong with admitting it. Even these 4 or 5 "simpletons" as you call them could even see there were issues within the staff. You see..sometimes just a little bit of common sense is what's needed, rather than trying to apply some sort of self-perceived higher intelligence about these situations.

If only you could see how constantly attacking Plaino show the opposite.

Everything doesn't always "fit". Huepel isn't clueless to the game, he just didn't fit. And there was no place he could've coached that would've come with more expectations as a previous legend and national title winner.

Watching us last season, it was obvious we had talent, so what we've done this season is not a shock now that these guys are playing for each other and having fun. With just a few new pieces and some different moves on the board we've grown leaps and bounds.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT