ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Domers Sanctioned...

If you are Texas under Charlie Strong they would just let them keep them, not enough wins to take away ha ha ha:p

So vacating 2 entire seasons worth of wins because a former student trainer completed coursework for three football
players. THREE football players!!

God almighty the NCAA is such a joke.....

On the surface, it does seem excessive, However, I think ND has had recent grade scandals in the not-so-distant past, so this may be in response to that. What do you feel would be a proper level of discipline? They did play with academically ineligible players, so that is technically an advantage over those who took their own tests and wrote their own papers. I guess they could have suspended the three players and the student trainer, but what if their college careers had ended? You have to take action against the university in some fashion.

On the surface, it does seem excessive, However, I think ND has had recent grade scandals in the not-so-distant past, so this may be in response to that. What do you feel would be a proper level of discipline? They did play with academically ineligible players, so that is technically an advantage over those who took their own tests and wrote their own papers. I guess they could have suspended the three players and the student trainer, but what if their college careers had ended? You have to take action against the university in some fashion.
Why take action against the university when things like this can go completely under the radar and the program and university are completely unaware of it? Makes zero sense to me that if the players and the student trainer are no longer with the program to punish, then it just automatically falls on the university and program to take the punishment by default.
Overall the NCAA is just a huge steaming pile of crap.

I agree that the NCAA stinks, but not sure what they did wrong in this case. I think they got it right.

And at this point in time, the NCAA is necessary. Unfortunately, college politics isn't ever going to make much sense, because of who they are. Being from ivory towers is just a small part of the problem.

Reactions: iasooner1
So vacating 2 entire seasons worth of wins because a former student trainer completed coursework for three football players. THREE football players!!

God almighty the NCAA is such a joke.....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/06/0...ripped-of-2004-bcs-national-championship.html

What if ND had won it all? Who are the three players involved? I mean Bush just got some bucks from an agent, is getting money worse than academic fraud?

Did the whole team benefit from those players? Where do you draw the line?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/06/0...ripped-of-2004-bcs-national-championship.html

What if ND had won it all? Who are the three players involved? I mean Bush just got some bucks from an agent, is getting money worse than academic fraud?

I guess the old saying stands true regardless, "There is no I in team, we win as a team and lose as a team and according to the NCAA you cheat as a team."

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner

I would like to know who the players and the trainer were too. But if those players have already moved on, and I'm sure they have since we are talking 2012/2013, then what lesson has been learned here?? Absolutely nothing. Basically it's learned that if players can get away with something while they are on scholarship for football, then when they graduate they don't give a damn. Cuz if their misdeeds ever come to light the university and program takes the hit.

I guess the old saying stands true regardless, "There is no I in team, we win as a team and lose as a team and according to the NCAA you cheat as a team."
That's what made it more than a little surprising to me when they re-instated our wins from the Bomar mess. I don't recall them buying too many appeals when they've handed down punishments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT