ADVERTISEMENT

Here ya go guys!

Five SEC (2024 version) teams in the top ten. Georgia, Texas, Alabama, OU and Ole Miss.

Here is the explanation below by the chairman

A lot of discussion. You go back to — we want to get this right as we look at it,” said CFP Committee Chair Boo Corrigan when asked about the rankings by SoonerScoop.com. “A wonderful win by Oklahoma, last-second drive to win this game. When you factor in a two-loss Kansas team this past weekend, getting the win over Oklahoma, Kansas with the two losses to Texas and Oklahoma State, while they continue to improve and play better, body of work, if you will, looking at this, Texas over Alabama, winning there in Tuscaloosa, similar to Texas-Oklahoma but then add in the factor that Oklahoma lost that game to Kansas as well as a close game with UCF. But primarily the loss to Kansas.”

A lot of discussion. You go back to — we want to get this right as we look at it,” said CFP Committee Chair Boo Corrigan when asked about the rankings by SoonerScoop.com. “A wonderful win by Oklahoma, last-second drive to win this game. When you factor in a two-loss Kansas team this past weekend, getting the win over Oklahoma, Kansas with the two losses to Texas and Oklahoma State, while they continue to improve and play better, body of work, if you will, looking at this, Texas over Alabama, winning there in Tuscaloosa, similar to Texas-Oklahoma but then add in the factor that Oklahoma lost that game to Kansas as well as a close game with UCF. But primarily the loss to Kansas.”
I can't wrack my head around that.

Last edited:

Now I have no issue where OU is ranked but the chairman explanation has some holes in it. OU is penalized for its loss to KU ( deserving ) and the close game vs uCF factored in. However…

Alabama had to hold on to survive against 2-6 Arkansas and didnt exactly whip USF. Texas needed a late 4th Qtr run to separate vs Wyoming and got help from the zebras with a very bad spot of the ball vs Houston. Houston clearly had the first down yet the ball mysteriously was spotted a half yard short. Replay clearly showed Htn made the line. It would have been 1st and 10 somewhere around the Tx 20 with like 1-1/2 minutes remaing with Tx leading 35-28. Instead its 4th and 1/2 yard and Htn fails to pick it up -game over.

My point is head to head mattered in Tx - Bama but didnt matter in OU-Tx so they opted to use the KU result to try and justify there positioning and ignored the other teams close encounters

My point is head to head mattered in Tx - Bama but didnt matter in OU-Tx so they opted to use the KU result to try and justify there positioning and ignored the other teams close encounters

The problem with OU is that they've had back-to-back subpar games, losing to Kansas, and could have lost to UCF if they had made that two-point conversion. Texas blew out Kansas 40-14. If the rankings were done in a vacuum and only considered the OU-Texas game, of course OU would be ranked higher.

Last edited:
I said just keep winning and the rest takes care of itself but they didn't listen. Oh well, ranked right where I would put them. Struggled vs cupcakes and lost to kansas, almost cancels out the win vs tx but not quite.
Just need to regroup, get better and see what happens. At this point its anyones guess what will happen down the stretch. Would love to see some blood and piss on the field this Sat, they should play angry but for some reason the fire that we saw vs texass has been missing. Maybe another rivalry game brings it back. ?????

Now I have no issue where OU is ranked but the chairman explanation has some holes in it. OU is penalized for its loss to KU ( deserving ) and the close game vs uCF factored in. However…

Alabama had to hold on to survive against 2-6 Arkansas and didnt exactly whip USF. Texas needed a late 4th Qtr run to separate vs Wyoming and got help from the zebras with a very bad spot of the ball vs Houston. Houston clearly had the first down yet the ball mysteriously was spotted a half yard short. Replay clearly showed Htn made the line. It would have been 1st and 10 somewhere around the Tx 20 with like 1-1/2 minutes remaing with Tx leading 35-28. Instead its 4th and 1/2 yard and Htn fails to pick it up -game over.

If OU wins their next five, they will be ranked above Texas and Alabama. I doubt we do that. And I doubt we make the semi's even if we're 12-1. The team I saw the last two weekends, and the mounting injuries make winning five straight very improbable. The irony is that if Texas wins out, they will surely be in, with their win over Alabama, there. Pisses me off, but very likely true.

If OU wins their next five, they will be ranked above Texas and Alabama. I doubt we do that. And I doubt we make the semi's even if we're 12-1. The team I saw the last two weekends, and the mounting injuries make winning five straight very improbable. The irony is that if Texas wins out, they will surely be in, with their win over Alabama, there. Pisses me off, but very likely true.
No doubt and I agree. If OU survives Stillwater this weekend then I will feel better about winning out till at least the B12 CG. If they come out and play this weekend like they did the last 2 weeks it isnt going to matter anyway.

Its all about winning now and let the chips fall how they may. I have just never been a fan of the committee. They are all over the place when they are asked ? From week to week.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We are playing now for pride a final B12 CCG and the best bowl we can get (no specific order) and recruiting
The Dudes need to abide

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT