ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll Sooners at 6 texas at 7

There's a lot of work to do to get into the top four, but it still blows my mind that the Sooners are ranked so highly this year. Sometimes, I just have to stare at the polls in disbelief. (The good kind of disbelief).

Then I take a gander at TBOW's USC, and chuckle. (The evil kind of chuckle).

Last edited:
There's a lot of work to do to get into the top four, but it still blows my mind that the Sooners are ranked so highly this year. Sometimes, I just have to stare at the polls in disbelief. (The good kind of disbelief).

There is. 2 teams will have to lose to lesser ranked opponents for sure. If OU can win out and beat Texas again, you’d think that would be enough. But, will it be?

In a funny twist of Irony OU had more to do with SC's success last season than he did.
OU's failures last season was all Riley and the mess he left.
Flip that to this Season and SC's failures are all him and OU's success so far is BV and Co. and also because he is gone as are most of his recruits.

At this time I believe Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State and Florida State are better than OU, and maybe Washington, Utah, LSU and Notre Dame.
Michigan and Ohio State may help OU's cause in November.
FSU has Miami and Florida to play.
Georgia has Florida, Tennessee and Ole Miss
Washington has USC, Utah, and Oregon State
Utah has Oregon, Arizona State and Washington
LSU has Alabama, Florida and Texas A&M
Notre Dame has Clemson
So OU needs to keep winning to slip into the CFP.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I think there is a real possibility that neither OU or texass makes the Conf Champ Game. OU didn't look good vs 2 of the Conference Cellar Dwellers and texass struggled vs the other one, Houston. Houston, Cinn and UCF are the bottom 3.

The meat of our schedule looks a bit more tougher than it did a few weeks ago. Still very winnable remaining games but not a lot of room for mistakes. I imagine Brent chewed some butt after yesterdays game and likely will tomorrow as well. Need to come out firing on all cylinders this coming Sat at Lawrence.

Need to come out firing on all cylinders this coming Sat at Lawrence.

On the OU/Texas Gameday broadcast, it was hilarious when Baker said "Weird things happen on the KU sideline". Over the weekend, I was watching some highlights show saying "next the Sooners visit Lawrence where weird things happen". lol.

Just tell me Walker is back from suspension so we can run the ball. If we can sustain longer drives our defense will not tire out as much and should do enough to win. Last Saturday was horrific.

On the OU/Texas Gameday broadcast, it was hilarious when Baker said "Weird things happen on the KU sideline". Over the weekend, I was watching some highlights show saying "next the Sooners visit Lawrence where weird things happen". lol.
I'm not sure the "weird things" that happened on the sidelines vs. Kansas I would call "weird", but they sure were unnecessary. The 41-3 blowout should have been enough in response to the hand shake snub at the opening kickoff.

I'm not sure the "weird things" that happened on the sidelines vs. Kansas I would call "weird", but they sure were unnecessary. The 41-3 blowout should have been enough in response to the hand shake snub at the opening kickoff.
Wasn't that the game baker grabbed his nuts?

My favorite.

F9J6j6BWUAAOQPJ

If you watch the Monday night show with BV and the radio broadcast crew at Rudy's, there is a segment when they summarize the weekend nationally. The last two weeks, when they briefly mentioned the USC loss, they got the second loudest ovation of the night. OU fans really love it when TBOW gets beat. Might even like seeing his quarterback have a tough night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT