ADVERTISEMENT

Open Letter to Brent

Ummm they got beat by Tech
With a backup quarterback so hobbled that he could barely move. That's not the quarterback we faced. Those here who make a big deal out of recruiting rankings might remember that he was the top quarterback in his class, and had a year of college backup work at tOSU last season, mostly running the scout team.

We can be pretty certain that Tech got a little different version of Longhorn football than the Sooners did. Not an excuse. But Tech faced a different team than we did.

With a backup quarterback so hobbled that he could barely move. That's not the quarterback we faced. Those here who make a big deal out of recruiting rankings might remember that he was the top quarterback in his class, and had a year of college backup work at tOSU last season, mostly running the scout team.

We can be pretty certain that Tech got a little different version of Longhorn football than the Sooners did. Not an excuse. But Tech faced a different team than we did.
Pretty simple my man.👍

He's OU good for 2022. Fact.
The level of WR talent on this team makes his talent above average. Another fact.
We aren't who we think we are and the SOONER we recognize this the SOONER we begin to correct it.

His numbers during his time at OU tell me otherwise. Nothing against him but he is not a great rec or above average. His numbers are actually below average. I will also say if his name wasn't Stoops he wouldn't be on the team. Now thats Fact.

His numbers during his time at OU tell me otherwise. Nothing against him but he is not a great rec or above average. His numbers are actually below average. I will also say if his name wasn't Stoops he wouldn't be on the team. Now thats Fact.
Love you brother, don't get carried away. Drake's a badass. Imo.

Love you brother, don't get carried away. Drake's a badass. Imo.
Just my opinion, not getting carried away stats don't lie. If he was the QB people would be calling for him to be benched. His contributions in a season are minuscule. Those are not greatness or above average stats. Fans used to get upset over someone calling out Rattlers stats, until they didn't. I am sorry I just don't drink the kool aid and call it as I see it. I get it that some fans don't like anyone saying anything negative about a Stoops not named Mike but I see things for what they are.

Fe7xBObXEAEz1Ho

Reactions: iasooner2000
as a wr you have to be on the field and have the ball thrown your way, how many drops has he had I bet you can count that on one hand. Hows is his blocking, go back and watch last year's Texas game. Drake may not be the fastest on the field but he is the most reliable. I would throw his way 9/10 on 3rd down, but I would never run him on a jet sweep or reverse.

as a wr you have to be on the field and have the ball thrown your way, how many drops has he had I bet you can count that on one hand. Hows is his blocking, go back and watch last year's Texas game. Drake may not be the fastest on the field but he is the most reliable. I would throw his way 9/10 on 3rd down, but I would never run him on a jet sweep or reverse.
Absolutely right. Blake is a great route runner with great hands and block's well also. He can also follow simple instruction. That being said, I would never hand off or pitch to him. Stoops is not equipped for that kind of play. Wtf is wrong with Lebby?

Absolutely right. Blake is a great route runner with great hands and block's well also. He can also follow simple instruction. That being said, I would never hand off or pitch to him. Stoops is not equipped for that kind of play. Wtf is wrong with Lebby?
Lebby: “Drakes’ short …….but he’s slow.”

No that is not a fact. That is at best...your guess. I'll give you that he got Sooner jersey because of his name. But once he got his opportunity, he earned his way. Riley had 5 star WRs tripping over themselves to play for him & his offense, but yet he played Stoops. And he did so for a reason. While he isn't flashy and he doesn't have speed. He is steady. He studies. He knows the playbook. He performs. He is no CeeDee Lamb, but he has held his own.

Your stats don't tell everything. They don't tell you how timely those 52 catches were. How he moved the chains when it was absolutely at critical point of the game. How he earned the offense another chance to throw it down field to one of the faster WRs. They also don't tell you how many blocks he sprung for a RB or another WR.

But each their own.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Your stats don't tell everything. They don't tell you how timely those 52 catches were. How he moved the chains when it was absolutely at critical point of the game. How he earned the offense another chance to throw it down field to one of the faster WRs. They also don't tell you how many blocks he sprung for a RB or another WR.

But each their own.
I was recently in a conversation with a few famous OU players of yesteryear. One of them made the comment that Drake Stoops practices harder and invest himself in improvement more than anyone on this team. It was followed by a comparison to Cooper Kupp. They sighted his game against Texas last year as a crowning effort. His blocks for Kennedy and his jump reception of the 2 pt conversion was impressive.

No that is not a fact. That is at best...your guess. I'll give you that he got Sooner jersey because of his name. But once he got his opportunity, he earned his way. Riley had 5 star WRs tripping over themselves to play for him & his offense, but yet he played Stoops. And he did so for a reason. While he isn't flashy and he doesn't have speed. He is steady. He studies. He knows the playbook. He performs. He is no CeeDee Lamb, but he has held his own.

I said he wasn't a great WR or in my mind average. His stats are fact to me. Anyway everyone has their own opinion.

I was recently in a conversation with a few famous OU players of yesteryear. One of them made the comment that Drake Stoops practices harder and invest himself in improvement more than anyone on this team. It was followed by a comparison to Cooper Kupp. They sighted his game against Texas last year as a crowning effort. His blocks for Kennedy and his jump reception of the 2 pt conversion was impressive.
And in the OT game two years ago, he made a clutch catch late for a crucial touchdown.

They've missed him when he was open on crucial downs this season. If his numbers are down, it's mostly because of substandard quarterback performance. You can win with Drake, if the other pieces are doing their job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT