ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Sports Talk Radio

FoodStamp

Sooner signee
Sep 24, 2001
I do not get a chance to listen to Oklahoma sports talk as much as I used to, because I live in LA and other than game day, am generally working most of the time.

But, this week, I've been tuning in to all of them, as much as possible, because it's lining up for Bedlam to possibly be a championship game, we just beat Baylor, etc...

What I am finding is all that the stations are talking about is the Thunder and female UFC fighters.

Am I missing something?

I do not get a chance to listen to Oklahoma sports talk as much as I used to, because I live in LA and other than game day, am generally working most of the time.

But, this week, I've been tuning in to all of them, as much as possible, because it's lining up for Bedlam to possibly be a championship game, we just beat Baylor, etc...

What I am finding is all that the stations are talking about is the Thunder and female UFC fighters.

Am I missing something?

Yep, you miss a lot being out there.

No, in all candor, you're quite the minority there in PAC 12 land.
I kind of know how you feel, though not as extreme, I too was in an OU black hole when I lived in Ft. Worth.
Especially considering there was no interwebs, or computers for that matter.

Gasoline was 28 cents a gallon, but other than that...:eek:

1400am KREF talks OU football all day long. Former players and Toby Roland have shows on KREF.

107.7fm talks college football all day. More a mix of OSU and OU. Sam May is excellent.

WWLS 98.1fm Sports Animal talk football alot, but Eshbach and Traber mostly talk about jelly bean flavors, ingrown toenails and pizza. WWLS is the flagship station for the Thunder.

Stick will KREF 1400 and you can't go wrong.

The odd thing is, I have been hearing more talk about OU on local LA stations and ESPN than I have from OKC/Norman and Dallas stations.

1400am KREF talks OU football all day long. Former players and Toby Roland have shows on KREF.

107.7fm talks college football all day. More a mix of OSU and OU. Sam May is excellent.

WWLS 98.1fm Sports Animal talk football alot, but Eshbach and Traber mostly talk about jelly bean flavors, ingrown toenails and pizza. WWLS is the flagship station for the Thunder.

Stick will KREF 1400 and you can't go wrong.
yep 107.7 the franchise with the great Kelly Gregg,listen to it everyday.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Yea, maybe I've just been tuning in during the wrong times. I know that the sports animal is mostly the Thunder now, but the other two have been talking about that quite a bit too. And, I for the life of me do not understand why any cares about cat fights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT