ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - WEEK #4 - OU vs. BAYLOR

Sermon wore down Ohio State and not sure why he didn't get more reps last week, but glad to see him now!! Big back with speed and vision!!!

I want that clock to hit double zeros as fastas possible. Breathing a little easier now but still 9 min to go

Okay. One of you great fans remember this post because I'm not likely to but I'm saying tonight that Sermon reminds me of Derrick Henry, whom I said would end up winning the Heisman the night OU beat Alabama in the Sugar. If Nick hadn't quit giving it to Henry and put everything on his QB, we may not have won that game. Sermon is going to be the next great Sooner running back.

Okay. One of you great fans remember this post because I'm not likely to but I'm saying tonight that Sermon reminds me of Derrick Henry, whom I said would end up winning the Heisman the night OU beat Alabama in the Sugar. If Nick hadn't quit giving it to Henry and put everything on his QB, we may not have won that game. Sermon is going to be the next great Sooner running back.
AMEN!!!!

Maybe we need to sit Mike down during Big 12 play and let somebody else take the reins...Then if we play the $EC, he can be the DC.....

Reactions: veritas59
Prevent defense will get you beat.

Mike Stoops is done. The sooner we move along the better. We're taking talented guys and scheming them to play 7 on 7 defense.
I concur with this. I know OU's defense looked great against Ohio State and for the first 3 games this year. But tonight Mike just proves he can go full-retard on short notice. Going forward in conference play I'm afraid OU will drop a game based solely on OU's defense. Thankfully Riley adjusted his gameplan on offense to take control in the 4th qtr and keep OU' defense off the field. When OU's defense got on the field it was just a disaster waiting to happen.

I concur with this. I know OU's defense looked great against Ohio State and for the first 3 games this year. But tonight Mike just proves he can go full-retard on short notice. Going forward in conference play I'm afraid OU will drop a game based solely on OU's defense. Thankfully Riley adjusted his gameplan on offense to take control in the 4th qtr and keep OU' defense off the field. When OU's defense got on the field it was just a disaster waiting to happen.

The difference? This was the first team they've played that was competent throwing the football. Nothing's changed.

Reactions: Oklabama
I too am afraid this defense is going to cost us a game or 2. Baylor an 0-3 team coming in tonight put up 523 yds of offense on OU. The rest of the big 12 offenses must be licking their chops after what our D did tonight. There will not be another NC for OU playing defense like we do. I hate to say it but its the sad truth. I am not a defensive guru but something needs to change. Had we lost this game I bet a lot of people would be calling for Mikes head and rightfully so. Cannot remember feeling this disgusted after a win.

I too am afraid this defense is going to cost us a game or 2. Baylor an 0-3 team coming in tonight put up 523 yds of offense on OU. The rest of the big 12 offenses must be licking their chops after what our D did tonight. There will not be another NC for OU playing defense like we do. I hate to say it but its the sad truth. I am not a defensive guru but something needs to change. Had we lost this game I bet a lot of people would be calling for Mikes head and rightfully so. Cannot remember feeling this disgusted after a win.
Great post.
It's beginning to look like Alabama and Clemson are the only teams that play well on both sides of the ball.
My worst fear is for OU to become Texas Tech North. Fun to watch high scoring games, no defense, and a nice little bowl.....period.

Agree disgusted comes to mind with this game. On no human or alien planet should Baylor get 30 plus points on us. The last bobbled TD was as blantatly blown as last week's targeting call against Lamb. Expect more of the same. The Officiating is beyond lame and the target is on the Sooners to not dominate the conference. We have the offense to beat down anybody. We have a defense that is capable but it just refuses to grasp Big 12 schemes. Ridiculous game and Baker needs to shut his yap here on out. Why fire up a team more on their home turf??? Just play football and play the stoic champion and not the mouthy brat.

Great post.
It's beginning to look like Alabama and Clemson are the only teams that play well on both sides of the ball.
My worst fear is for OU to become Texas Tech North. Fun to watch high scoring games, no defense, and a nice little bowl.....period.

I agree. And fans and players wonder why the some in the media label OU as pretenders. Its because of that defense thats why. We have an offense as good as any in the Country year in and year out but one thing is constant with the D, they are not mentioned as one of the best in the Country year in and year out.

Thoughts....although, most of you already know this....
1.) Baker needs to let his play do the talking and keep is mouth shut unless he's calling a play!! Leave the little kid big mouth in the locker room!! Be a leader, not an idiot with talent!!
2.) Protect the ball....seems the ball is being put on the ground every week....the better teams will kill you with turnovers!!
3.) Stupid penalties!! Penalties will happen, but the stupid ones will kill you.
4.) Change ANYTHING on the defense.....Change something...because what is happening obviously doesn't work... Doing the same thing and expecting a different result...WELL that is insane!!!
5.) Sermon!!! Enough said!

Reactions: OUSOONER67
OU can play lights out on defense when they face a team like Ohio State. When they face a team like Baylor and other big 12 foes then they give up tons of yards and points. Looks like the game against TCU might be for the big 12

OU can play lights out on defense when they face a team like Ohio State. When they face a team like Baylor and other big 12 foes then they give up tons of yards and points. Looks like the game against TCU might be for the big 12
Unless the Defense plays better, it could be OU will lose at least twice before then! I hope not, but that D was exposed tonight AGAIN!!

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Someone tell Mike Stoops that we do see that type of offense in the big 12.
Makes one wonder if there is a secret agreement in the big 12 to play crappy defense on each other.
I also think Riley probably feels he owes something to Bob and he kept Mike on for that reason. Riley is supposedly an offensive guru so he should know if a defense like OU's is a defense he would like to face or not. If I am Riley and Mike keeps this up and costs us a game he is gone at the end of the year, probably should do it anyway but I get a feeling he won't because I get the feeling he feels like he owes Bob. Sigh.....

Reactions: Bigleak
ADVERTISEMENT