ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Playoff Game #1 - OU vs. Clemson

My hell our defensive is weak. What the hell is wrong with our offense, Baker is not making his passes.

We lost control of this game when we lost the momentum by not scoring when we got the Flowers penalty. We never recovered. We made no adjustments at halftime. Clemson did. Clemson took what was open. We didn't.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
These zebras have rung OU up on so much BS, yet don't call them all game for lining up in the neutral zone, clear pass interferences, clear holds... this has been ridiculous.

The defense also not spying Clemson's QB has been stupid. Giving up those cheap runs has been ridiculous. The offensive play calling has been fine but they don't call crap when Baker goes down field.

Looks eerily like the Texas loss.

Mike, again, refused to adjust schematically when it was clear we needed to load the box.

TXSUX, there is still the entire 4th quarter. It's fans like you that had completly given up in the Tennessee game. Now OU may very well end up coming up short in the game. But good grief how can any self-respecting fan give up on thier team with an entire qtr to play and 2 TDs would win the game??
Defense was on their heels. No running game. No confidence. I can read the writing on the wall. I don't give up wanting the Sooners to win. But you're right, I was shocked in the Tennessee game. I was even calling for the pulling of Baker and replacing him with Knight. I thought it was over and was glad to be wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong tonight too.

Predicted to finish 3rd in the Big 12 we had a great season, much appreciation from this Sooner fan. Worse part is saying bye to players like Striker and Shepard and others that have brought so much excitement this season and previous ones. It was a great run and something to build on next year! Boomer Sooner and God Bless our Boys!

Defense was on their heels. No running game. No confidence. I can read the writing on the wall. I don't give up wanting the Sooners to win. But you're right, I was shocked in the Tennessee game. I was even calling for the pulling of Baker and replacing him with Knight. I thought it was over and was glad to be wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong tonight too.
Dude you said it was over not long after halftime. Good grief man that's embarassing. Giving up on our team that early. Zero faith in the coaches and/or players. That's just awful dude.

There just any one thing that has been bad tonight, it has been pretty much everything. Give Clemson some credit for that, but it also looks like they are just playing without direction and very lazy.

There is no fire or passion, it is just going through the motions.

I'm only disappointed because I know we were better than this. We proved that in the 1st quarter.

OU lost to a better team, plain and simple. Not anyone's fault. Just played against a great team with a great....and healthy....quarterback.

Exactly. Sometimes the other guys are just better. That's been the case tonight. Injuries didn't help, but they were so much better in the trenches that I don't think it would have mattered if we were healthy. As I stated a couple of weeks ago, this team has performed way better than I thought they would before the season. I'm not going to start bitching now.

Dude you said it was over not long after halftime. Good grief man that's embarassing. Giving up on our team that early. Zero faith in the coaches and/or players. That's just awful dude.
Just zero faith in winning this game. I'm a fan not a homer.

So Trevor Knight was with the captains at the coin toss, yet has been given his release to transfer. Why be out there if you don't want to be a Sooner anymore?

This isn't about adjustments. OUr lines are losing on both sides of the ball. I think the humidity is affecting us too. But I think we miss Walker more than they miss Lawson.

I disagree on the adjustments. It was obvious we needed to load the box and force Watson to throw the ball.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Not having Walker tonight was huge. Perine and Mixon getting hurt didn't help either. Bottom line, Clemson played very well in the 2nd half, and OUr team did not. I'm really going to miss Shepard, Stricker and Tapper next year. Great season though.

Exactly. Sometimes the other guys are just better. That's been the case tonight. Injuries didn't help, but they were so much better in the trenches that I don't think it would have mattered if we were healthy. As I stated a couple of weeks ago, this team has performed way better than I thought they would before the season. I'm not going to start bitching now.

Yep. You could tell in the second quarter that their lines were winning on both sides. I like Swinney. I wish them luck against whomever.

We know who the better DC is, its a same he was on OU staff and Stoops let him go. He let Heuple go last season, will he let Mike go this year.

No shame in losing to a better team, congrats Clemson.
Sooners not quite there yet but perhaps this is something they can build on. I know most of us did not think OU would be in the CFP at the start of the season and especially after the texass loss but they did. Been a great season and as much as it sucks that they lost I am proud to be a Sooner, we will be back.

There were several issues today. First, we played pretty well this year for a team that really wasn't as talented as teams that did much less. We did have a better attitude and leadership this year.

I would like to know what went wrong on the schemes when we call a running play on first and goal and have one blocker stood up by three defenders, giving the runner no lane. Why were three people available out there off tackle with only one blocker? We kept running certain plays where we had no lanes, like they knew what was coming. But, even if they do, three guys with one blocker?

We lost our cool when we did have some momentum. I thought that Clemson made good halftime adjustments. We didn't. When we passed in the second half, it seemed that we were trying to hit the home run. It really wasn't there. But, the middle and slants was. Would they have been as effective stopping the run if we had hit them repeatedly with high percentage passes? We didn't help ourselves.

I only saw one really bad call. They did tackle one receiver prior to the ball getting there on one long play on the left sideline. But, we did little to help ourselves. Not a smart game. Poor tackling at times. We stopped the play often, only to be pushed back five yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT