ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Playoff Game #1 - OU vs. Clemson

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
This will be a unique Part 1 of a Two Part series.

So excited that I'm starting the game thread a little early for a mid-afternoon game. Been an interesting couple of weeks with all the Tiger and other team visitors. But, the Welcoming Committee has closed and locked the doors and the time for friendly banter is over. Battle lines have been drawn and the invaders from Norman are ready to seize the moment.

Last years bowl loss remains fresh and still stings. Payback is the remedy. The day of reckoning is here.

In a season of many big games, this is the biggest, thus far. After today's game, we'll have one more left to achieve #8.

OU 34

CU 23

Boomer Sooner

Yeah 22, I hear you. Got my OU shirt and cap on.

I'm cozy in my den wrapped up in my OU blanket The décor is all OU save for a few school pictures.

Wife is out visiting with my sister and will be gone til early evening. Got my "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.

'Bout to have breakfast and then it's on.

Boomer Baby!

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I am ready too! OU rolls today. I hope that's not just a fool thinking foolish things.

ftworth you are getting this thing going early....you clearly are spun up and ready to roll!!! Lol :p:D
Pretty stoked BillyRay.

My daughter has already called me to tell me OU wins today. She's very rarely wrong...obviously. That's our pre-game ritual and has been for several years. The only time I don't get the call is when we play Baylor (hubby is a BU grad).

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: BillyRay
Over the past few weeks I have just been looking forward to the game and really havent been nervous about the game. In fact I have been pretty confident that OU will win. As the game approaches though my nerves are starting to act up but its just from wanting this game to get started because I am still very confident in OU winning.

However I am so sick and tired of hearing about last year and the "well OU beat teams with backup QB s ) leading up to this game and really sick of the Clemson players accusing OU players of talking trash when they have been doing most of the talking.

I dont want OU to just win I want them to destroy Clemson but in the end I will take a 1 point win.

I think OUr boys are about to unleash hell. The favorite or not, they've got a chip on their shoulder and they take it out on whoever is lined up across from them....

But Clemson's name is on the revenge list so its not just their normal chip. This is payback.

I don't expect OU being in a position to unleash anything that Clemson can't respond with of their own. OU better be ready today. If both teams come out and play their best games, I do believe OU will come out on top though. But I also don't doubt that Clemson is better than any other team OU has faced this year.

This is program's biggest game in like, what, ten years? Since '07 maybe?

The energy is just off the freaking charts for this one.

This will be a unique Part 1 of a Two Part series.

So excited that I'm starting the game thread a little early for a mid-afternoon game. Been an interesting couple of weeks with all the Tiger and other team visitors. But, the Welcoming Committee has closed and locked the doors and the time for friendly banter is over. Battle lines have been drawn and the invaders from Norman are ready to seize the moment.

Last years bowl loss remains fresh and still stings. Payback is the remedy. The day of reckoning is here.

In a season of many big games, this is the biggest, thus far. After today's game, we'll have one more left to achieve #8.

OU 34

CU 23

Boomer Sooner

I likee it. Nice start.

Chii is cooked. Snacks/Beer/Cigars/Whiskey are ready. Champagne's on ice & we plan to pop the cork after today's win. ;)

Boomer!

SHepard will get extra attention. Throwing complete to Westbrook for a first down and then Andrews in the red zone id huge. When we get the first first down, we're pretty tough to stop.

Once again The Denny's route comes through for us as well. Loved seeing the play action pass to Andrews. Great start for the offense, now it's time for the defense to make some plays.

Holding them to 3 is a win considering where we gave them the ball.

Shaq Lawson out for the game is big.

He has to learn to throw the ball away!
When you're not outside the hash marks, that's harder to do. On third down, he's going to try to make a play. Bob understands that, and doesn't discourage it. The signature throw against UTenn to Perine and the signature throw to FLowers against Baylor, most would have thrown it away.

Clemson has gone deep only once. I thought that was Watsons strength. Granted the second drive started at our 20 something........

Scratching my head on two straight runs on 2 and 22 when we are on our side of the field?

That unsportsmanlike killed us on that drive. Can't allow the smack talk by Clemson to get to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT