ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #8 - SOONERS vs. RED RAIDERS

I am watching DVR recordings now and ordering Amazon stuff.I will find out the score later or on here.Mike has taken the fun out watching football.I used to find out on the radio in my car at the deer woods.Maybe I will take up bow hunting again.Or maybe start fishing again.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
The problem with Baker at times is not the number of incompletions. There aren't that many and no one is perfect. Rather, it's the type of incompletions and when they occur. They're usually high passes and really bad overthrows to really open receivers and occur during consecutive possessions causing momentum changing scoring lapses.

A great deal of pressure is obviously on Baker to score nearly all the time because the defense is a problem. On a team with an average performing D, he would be undefeated and we would be able to rest him and give Murray much needed reps.

Last edited:
OU's defense.
55d6354de5b38.image.jpg

Reactions: TXSUX
I'm more upset about the mother in law sending a care package with knockoff garbage Reese's peanut butter cups that taste like potpourri than this shoddy game.

I usually hate the other team. Tonight, I just hate everything.

All you Woe Is Us guys are cracking me up. I watched #2 Penn State lose to #6 Ohio State, and #4 TCU lose to #25 Iowa State.

Dream outcomes. Miracle come-back against the Nittanys by a team that quit in its own house against the Sooners. The Cyclone defense smothered the Frogs, and their meager offense was sharp. ISU's 6-2 record and play is making their stock soar, and that just helps the Sooner team that much more.

Now about our Sooners. 42-27 looks OK for now. I guess.

Even if OU wins I am betting they are no better than 8th in the comittees first poll and more likely 10

All you Woe Is Us guys are cracking me up. I watched #2 Penn State lose to #6 Ohio State, and #4 TCU lose to #25 Iowa State.

Dream outcomes. Miracle come-back against the Nittanys by a team that quit in its own house against the Sooners. The Cyclone defense smothered the Frogs, and their meager offense was sharp. ISU's 6-2 record and play is making their stock soar, and that just helps the Sooner team that much more.

And your happy about this D? Shit is shit

ISU has not really beaten much, OU and TCU were highly overrated when they won those 2 games. Right now what I see in the big 12 is a bunch of avg teams, nobody stands out at this point as being a playoff type team.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Hot sports opinion: Mayfield is the best OU QB of all time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry guys I couldn't take it anymore.I haven't done that since we lost to West Virginia in the bowl game.I really needed to get some sleep.What better way to get some sleep than to watch Mike in action.I am not a fair weather fan I just got a little too invested in the idea that we might actually play defense.I hope I don't have to do THAT again.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Settle down guys. Did we play championship defense last night? No. Were TTs first three possessions appalling? Yes.

But it was a far cry from last year. We won comfortably last night, and our defense deserves credit for that.

YCN is correct. Everything that we wanted to have happen yesterday happened, including seeing some chinks in the armor of both TCU and OSU.

This morning I'm a little more confident in our ability to run the table than I was at breakfast yesterday. Mike Stoops righting the ship in the 2nd quarter against TT is perhaps the main reason why.

Last edited:
Settle down guys. Did we play championship defense last night? No. Were TTs first three possessions appalling? Yes.

But it was a far cry from last year. We won comfortably last night, and our defense deserves credit for that.

YCN is correct. Everything that we wanted to have happen yesterday happened, including seeing some chinks in the armor of both TCU and OSU.

This morning I'm a little more confident in our ability to run the table than I was at breakfast yesterday. Mike Stoop righting the ship in the 2nd quarter against TT is perhaps the main reason why.

The only problem with that is OSU might be just a little harder to defend.I am happy he figured it out what concerns me is how LONG it took for Mike to figure it out.I think that is what most people are mad about.Not mad at the players its the defensive coaches.The players bear some responsibility but not most, the coaching staff has to do a better job of coaching AND getting discipline established.The silly penalties are going to cost them a game if they don't figure it out.

The only problem with that is OSU might be just a little harder to defend.I am happy he figured it out what concerns me is how LONG it took for Mike to figure it out.I think that is what most people are mad about.Not mad at the players its the defensive coaches.The players bear some responsibility but not most, the coaching staff has to do a better job of coaching AND getting discipline established.The silly penalties are going to cost them a game if they don't figure it out.

I don't think that what you're saying is unfair or unreasonable, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about our defensive coaching.

But at the moment, we still control our own destiny. If we win out, I think we're in the CFB. This is true not one game or two games into the season, but after eight games.

Would you make a change today at DC if you could? I would not. A wise man once said you don't changes horses in the middle of crossing a river.

I am watching DVR recordings now and ordering Amazon stuff.I will find out the score later or on here.Mike has taken the fun out watching football.I used to find out on the radio in my car at the deer woods.Maybe I will take up bow hunting again.Or maybe start fishing again.
I'm rebuilding the inside of a cabin that got flooded. No TV, radio reception sux, and I have 2 bars on my phone at best... Life is good down here in the swamp...

Sorry. I fell asleep during the game. I'm a spry 45 years old.

No prob... Just wondered if you were around to see some of the quarterbacks from previous eras. Hard for me to judge who is the best OU OB, ever. Is it stats or is it games won and championships? I tend to go with the latter in most cases... Terry Bradshaw being one exception.

No prob... Just wondered if you were around to see some of the quarterbacks from previous eras. Hard for me to judge who is the best OU OB, ever. Is it stats or is it games won and championships? I tend to go with the latter in most cases... Terry Bradshaw being one exception.

Rating players from different eras is really difficult. When I try I ask myself how successful would the team have been without the player. Based on that alone, I give Baker a high rating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT