ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #4 - OU VS. ARMY

Saw OU beat Air Force in 2012, 24-17.
No answer for Air Force's ground game that day as well.
The academy teams run option offenses requiring smart, disciplined players who generally do not have the athleticism of teams like OU. But execution and discipline can often offset speed and size.

ya that option offense is pretty tough to stop isn't it? Just imagine a program like OU running it with our athletes. Smash mouth football wins national championships...

Well first let me say the weather turned out beautiful at the stadium and the fans at the game was pretty awesome. However I am not a fan of Mike Stoops and that Army offense dominated the OU defensive line all game long allowing Army to control the clock and almost pull off the stunning upset.

The defense came up with two huge plays that ultimately was the difference in the game but as for its performace the rest the game it leaves many questions. This defense is nowhere close to being a NC caliber D and upcoming games with Texas, West Va, Texas Tech this D will need to step up its game to help the offense. If it doesnt OU could very well lose all 3. OSU and TCU will not be pushovers either. I truely hope this team finds its D identity but I am not sure it will.

Reactions: iasooner1
Well first let me say the weather turned out beautiful at the stadium and the fans at the game was pretty awesome. However I am not a fan of Mike Stoops and that Army offense dominated the OU defensive line all game long allowing Army to control the clock and almost pull off the stunning upset.

The defense came up with two huge plays that ultimately was the difference in the game but as for its performace the rest the game it leaves many questions. This defense is nowhere close to being a NC caliber D and upcoming games with Texas, West Va, Texas Tech this D will need to step up its game to help the offense. If it doesnt OU could very well lose all 3. OSU and TCU will not be pushovers either. I truely hope this team finds its D identity but I am not sure it will.

How many years have most of us been saying the same thing? The D will get better don't worry! It never does.
Way past time for a change at DC.

No but then again where I was sitting that would have been hard to see. Who was he supposibly acreaming at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT