ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #4 - OU VS. ARMY

If we have world class athletes on defense (so they say) then we have a play dough eating coach positioning them and preparing them in practice. Kind of fitting we fall on sword in offense that kept us alive for years.

This is so pathetic. Defense losing confidence and the attitude they had at the beginning of the year. They don't believe in this system.

No blitzing. No aggression.

Go away Mike!!!

This next drive is probably going to determine if we can win or not. We seem to be running at will, and need to eat some clock or our D is going to fold. If we come out passing, then LR has some serious game management issues.

12 minutes and 99 yards to go...perfect setup for Army to run the clock out and score the winning TD as the clock expires.

The announcer just pointed out what I said, no penetration. Just letting them come at them.

So, we can’t stop the pass, and now can’t stop the run. Yep, last year’s Def all over again. Whatever we did against FAU and UCLA is completely gone. Must have taken 3 games for MS to coach anything good the newcomers had out of them.

Honestly at this point, Army deserves to win. Only reason we’re in this game is that their Defense is as bad as ours.

We score TD. If Army scores, assume they go for 2 and end it one way or the other.

Got to hand it to Army...they punished us. When is last time you have seen the Sooners convert 1 first down on 3 total tries? This defense is like an infected shrapnel wound...just gets uglier.

Reactions: iasooner1
Saw OU beat Air Force in 2012, 24-17.
No answer for Air Force's ground game that day as well.
The academy teams run option offenses requiring smart, disciplined players who generally do not have the athleticism of teams like OU. But execution and discipline can often offset speed and size.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why our Offense cannot convert on 3rd or 4th and 1? That has also been burning us these last 2 years. Mind boggling.

Got to hand it to Army...they punished us. When is last time you have seen the Sooners convert 1 first down on 3 total tries? This defense is like an infected shrapnel wound...just gets uglier.

"I see this as our finest hour and we will not lose men in space"; Mike avoided being the goat and this hopefully is a wake up call for the season... (cockeyed optimist :eek:) We'll know more in two weeks

Last edited:
Saw OU beat Air Force in 2012, 24-17.
No answer for Air Force's ground game that day as well.
The academy teams run option offenses requiring smart, disciplined players who generally do not have the athleticism of teams like OU. But execution and discipline can often offset speed and size.
I thinking the same thing, What is up with the military schools .

BTW, OUr Kicker lost the Georgia game and then had a chip shot to allow OU to win this game without going into OT...Miss! He sucks under pressure! Sorry to out a player, but I called this ending with about 50 other OU fans at a watch party!!! Glad we won!!! Texass will be tough! Mike....please just resign so we can get back to what we are capable of!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT