ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Game #3 - OU vs. Tulsa

Yea, massive implosion.

Same as last year, Mike Stoops is clueless defending spread offenses.

Again, until Mike starts playing chess, these guys are in trouble. The only decision he's making it whether to send 4 or 5 at the QB.

The QB and OC at Tulsa are comfortable here. They know exactly what the coverage is pre-snap every single play.

Sure, you can blame players. They've made mistakes, but you can live with that. What you can't continue to do is watch Mike trot true Freshman CBs and Parker out there and put them on an island vs good WRs. You're going to lose that battle a LOT.

This is week three and we cant stop the special teams penalties, this is week 3 and out offensive line still sucks, this is week 3. This is week 3 and we cant get our premier back more than 100 yards. This is week 3 and our secondary is being exposed. This is week three and our coached havent correct at least some of these. This is week three and we are undefeated and that Im proud of. Thanks heaven for Sooner Magic...but how soon do we use it all up? I love the Sooners with all my heart, my world revolves around this team. I wear a monogrammed OU shirt everyday...and to Church too! I'll be a Sooner fan for as long as I breathe. But I may not be able to come back from third heart attack!

I predicted 24, but they have 17 at the half. What will Baylor's 3 All-American's do?

I was thinking the same thing. In Waco, I'm not real confident that we can defend this scheme. OUr DB's are gassed. Missing THomas hurts more than a little. When this is over, he will have missed five of the first 12 quarters of the season. If you can't count on a guy to take care of his business, it doesn't matter how good he is.

On that hail mary, in that part of the end zone when the ball arrived, they had four receivers and we had two defenders.

I think we're going to find out later that Samaje is out for the year. I think he broke a bone in his hand on the fumble play.

Never mind about Perine.

But i cannot understand why Tulsa's first year head coach, can install a better scheme with Tulsa's athletes than our new OC can with ours.

I still think that Bedenbaugh is way over rated.

I also think we may end up getting beat today. Their offense has been pretty consistent running and passing. I don't see our D slowing them down. TU just figured out how to mess with Mayfield. Make him stay in the pocket.

Reactions: BillyRay
Well OU has 150yrs rushing for the first half...so not like the run game has been non-existent. Baker has alot of it, but overall OU is averaging over 7yds a carry.

Baker ran for the majority of those 150 yds on scrambles. But lining up and handing it off, the O-line is struggling.

Because I'm not a football technician, what should our defense be doing against this offense? Blitz more? Really curious.

There is no silver bullet here. Mix things up. Make the OC adjust. Give the QB different coverages to look at.

Mike had run straight man on the backend on 95% of the snaps. The QB and OC know exactly what's coming based on the alignment. They're basically playing catch.

Players need to play better, but you know what you have out there, including a true frosh CB. Put them in positions where they can have consistent success.

Yea, massive implosion.

Same as last year, Mike Stoops is clueless defending spread offenses.

Definitely needs to make adjustments but two offensive turnovers has not helped his case at all. Turnovers are the equalizer of all things in football, yards & points.

Lol - #2 remains on an island on 3rd and 13?

Again, it's stupid. It's lazy coaching. I've discussed ad naseum with my bro in law (D1 secondary coach) and he always points to the need to give college QBs different looks.

It hasn't been said except at the beginning of the game one of the announcers said, "Internal discipline".

Thomas is a soph. Where is Austin? Where is Taylor? How about Marcus Green?

Mike keeps cycling through these guys, looking for Richard Sherman. Next year, he'll have a new true frosh ahead of PJ.

Big drive - outside of some early struggles in short yardage running, the O has been great.

OU looks like a poor mans Baylor...

Tulsa entered this game as one of the top offenses in CFB. I expected them to put up yds and points. But those two turnovers have really hurt us in the game so far.

Are they kicking off for return and looking for a strip? You know darn well they can kick it into the stands

Straight man isn't working so what do you do...stick to it. Nice.

#2 needs to sit. Not his fault, but he's getting killed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT