ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread - Game #2 - OU vs. Tennessee

Stating the obvious....the offense needs to give the D a break!! no more 3 and outs!!

God this conference is awful. Would you guys leave it already so we can put it out of it's misery and we will be forced to join a real conference with you? Please?

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
I keep thinking of posters who weeks ago saying they weren't worried about the Tennessee game because of how OU handled them last year, and there was no way there could be that much difference one year can make.......

I'd love to see a few "stretch the field" type throws....we have speed to do that...need to get them out of the box....

I have seen two guys really playing well. Baker is putting it on the money and has made a play or two with his feet. And walkerhas made a couple of big plays. Now Mixon got a chance. He made the best Sooner play of the game, but it was called back.

If Neal never plays again, it would not bother me a bit. We are making unforced errors that are ruining fild position.

On third and five, had the perfect screen call against their blitz, two blockers and Perine caught it two defenders, one not close. But their guys made the play. Right now, their Xs are playing a lot better than OUr Os.

Stretch the field.....get them to think about something other than run and short stuff

This offense can score fast. They just need to chill, let them game come to them as they are really beating themselves offensively. Defensively, we need a turnover. Need to flip the momentum. We need a spark. When we do stop them, they have a helluva punter and hes keeping us in bad field position.

OU losing the game in the trenches in a serious way. Mayfield on tilt a bit - needs to calm down. He's too pumped up still.

I'm an optimist.....hold them to a 3 and out and get ANY score before half.....then we are ok....BOOMER

Not seeing anything that impresses me. Tennessee gashing our DL. I'm watching on ESPN online and they're showing the entire game from behind the QB. From the skycam. It's the best way to watch the game.

OUs best defensive series have been when they're aggressive, blitzing and playing guys tight. Let's see if Mike can get back to that, or if he continues to have the guys playing reactive.

Lotta speed on that D - need to get the DL penetrating, and the back 7 not giving up easy 4-8 yard passes a la TCU. Beat us deep if you can, or we'll light you up.

Good first half for us but you can bet OU will be making adjustments at the half. Still think the 2nd half is up for grabs. I am ecstatic at the way our dbacks are performing. Hated to see the injury. GO VOLS!

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT