ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #11 - OU vs. KU

3 and short and every DB is 8 yards back. They no the coaches won't let them play.

Sounds like you dont want to hold them responsible at all. I get what your saying but Ive heard analyst say over and over this defense is lazy. It is and yes it starts with the coaches and the schemes but players dont get a free pass.

I seen a total lack of effort all night long on the defense and making excuses for them doesnt hold water. We just have a difference of opinion on who the blame goes on. For me its both.

Reactions: Oklabama
Embarrassing D effort and a bizarre offensive game too. No way we make the CFB Playoff. Our fate is sealed and it may be a true struggle rest of way. I saw no fire or leaders on defense...crappy tackling and plenty of guys standing around. Playing KU seemed like a pretty easy team to defend. Not for this lousy group tonight.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Sounds like you dont want to hold them responsible at all. I get what your saying but Ive heard analyst say over and over this defense is lazy. It is and yes it starts with the coaches and the schemes but players dont get a free pass.

I seen a total lack of effort all night long on the defense and making excuses for them doesnt hold water. We just have a difference of opinion on who the blame goes on. For me its both.

I'm not excusing poor effort and execution but I've seen 5+ years of not letting players play. Why should these boys try when their coaches won't let them.

I'm not excusing poor effort and execution but I've seen 5+ years of not letting players play. Why should these boys try when their coaches won't let them.

Its called pride. Players have to overcome bad coaching and give it everything regardless. A player who doesnt try is nothing more than a quitter. Just my opinion.

BC

Watch Wash St, I have watched them a few times this season and am watching them now. They dont exactly have 5 or 4 star players on defense but they play with heart and pride and seem to go all out regardless. Do you think our D players do that?

BC

Watch Wash St, I have watched them a few times this season and am watching them now. They dont exactly have 5 or 4 star players on defense but they play with heart and pride and seem to go all out regardless. Do you think our D players do that?

Their coaches at least let them try.

Looked weak on defense again.

Maybe we could beat Michigan, but we'd have no chance against AL. ND and Clemson would also be heavy favorites against us as well.

Last edited:
BTW wash St is up on Arizona 48-14 late 2nd Qtr. they should move up to 6th and OU should drop.

I agree. OU wins out they still don't belong in the playoffs. I normally wouldn't say that but its true. ND and Michigan ain't losing tho so it don't matter.

I'm now drunk and killing pool so OU is done for the night.

Reactions: jhnglyn222
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT