ADVERTISEMENT

Not political but interesting. I always admired his great head of hair at age 71.

This isn't accurate. Those trips are funded privately through a charity. If you are ever interested in donating to it, lemme know.

I thought OU funded these annual trips for OU athletes going to Haiti to help the orphans
Its great to know private charities fund the expenses like plane trips and all of the costs of these trips. It is definitely a charity to help.

I thought OU funded these annual trips for OU athletes going to Haiti to help the orphans
Its great to know private charities fund the expenses like plane trips and all of the costs of these trips. It is definitely a charity to help.
No, OU doesn't organize, sponsor, or fund them. The athletes help raise the money for the charity.

Reactions: iasooner1
I really don't even know where to start with this, but first lets just get the facts straight.
Every poll you linked, should be thrown out. These are the exact polls that showed Hilary's winning probability at 97%. Why did they show this and why did she lose?

Look at the polls you posted, don't just look at the findings, really dig into them -click on the pdf and see their sample criteria. If it doesn't show the poll makeup immediately close it and find one that does for its a shit poll. You will likely always see 7 -14% more democrats polled than republicans, this points to a massive oversampling of democrats. This exact same thing happened on election night, look up the last poll projections before Trump massacred Hilary. You will see the same polling science that oversampled dems and then tried to implement an algorithm to make up for the polling deviation. Most of these polls are conducted in blue states since most media outlets are located in blue states. Show me a poll that has 14% more Republicans polled than Democrats which is negative for Trump, and I'll believe it. These skewed polls are conducted so the talking heads you keep regurgitating in this thread can convince you that everyone hates Trump, so you need to hate Trump. Let's think for ourselves, everyone else has an agenda, including me.

2 Genders, 2 Scoops, 2 Terms ~ Trump 2020

Here are the most current polls from Many Polls

Wednesday, February 21
Race/Topic (Click to Sort)
Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 45, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +10
President Trump Job Approval Quinnipiac Approve 37, Disapprove 58 Disapprove +21
President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 44, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +7
President Trump Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 40, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +15
Congressional Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 19, Disapprove 66 Disapprove +47
Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 10, Disapprove 70 Disapprove +60
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Economist/YouGov Democrats 43, Republicans 35 Democrats +8
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Reuters/Ipsos Democrats 38, Republicans 30 Democrats +8
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Harvard-Harris Democrats 41, Republicans 36 Democrats +5
Direction of Country Harvard-Harris Right Direction 37, Wrong Track 54 Wrong Track +17
Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 35, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +20
Direction of Country Reuters/Ipsos Right Direction 31, Wrong Track 57 Wrong Track +26

The National Review is a conservative publication founded by William F Buckley.The NR have had many different contributors over the years who write individual articles. The publication does not check the truthfulness of the contributors.but they must be on the right politically as the only prerequisite to write in this publication., D. D'Souza who wrote this article has been removed as a current contributor. He has attacked Hillary in a book he has written.
There is no way to check the honesty of what he writes, but this story about the Clintons and Haiti has not appeared in the regular press which is a red flag that it is not real. The first story you put in this thread with that woman with a foreign accent absolutely was a fraud

I found a story on Trump and the Clintons and Haiti. On Paragraph 4 on this story it says the story that te Clintons stealed Billions from Haiti is a "Fantasy."

LINK...Read Paragraph four
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...9/the_truth_about_the_clintons_and_haiti.html

Paragraph four.....
"Those flawed but relatively measured accounts in turn inspired whack-job theories that have become articles of faith in the anti-Clinton fever swamps, such as the fantasy that Hillary and Bill just straight up stole billions of dollars in post-quake relief money—an impossible claim so unmoored from reality that even Peter Schweitzer didn’t bother making it"

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
Journalism is just like the political spectrum...it runs the gamut from mainstream to fringe, on both the left and the right. For anyone to formalize an opinion on anything you need to understand who wrote it, why they wrote it, and what is the counter view. Historically, journalism has been left if center and most know this going in. The key to making informed decisions or developing informed opinions is to expand your horizons and read both sides of the argument. If you enter into a particular debate with set in stone preconceived ideas you are not likely to open your mind to different opinions. I would suggest everyone study the "contact hypothesis."

Reactions: CTOkie
Yeah, we know your definition of "regular press".

Yea Steve,
I happen to watch Fox except for their two lying morons, Sean Hannity and Judge Pirro.

My ideas expressed here are my own. I am a Republican but I sure as hell am a NEVER TRUMP with his attacks on other Republicans .

He turned me off when during his Campaign well before he won being the President when he attacked John McCain.
Trump the five time Draft Dodger said he had "no respect for John McCain as a POW because HE GOT CAPTURED":

To me that meant TRUMP HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANY OF AMERICA'S PRISONERS OF WAR BECAUSE THEY GOT CAPTURED. .

VIDEO....Here is your boy Steve "He does not like soldiers who got captured.
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

I did not support and never will or like him from that moment forward and I supported others in the GOP.

Steve, do you support Trump as he has no respect FOR ANY AMERICAN POW because they got captured?

I'm waiting for your reply.

Last edited:
Yea Steve,
I happen to watch Fox except for their two lying morons, Sean Hannity and Judge Pirro.

My ideas expressed here are my own. I am a Republican but I sure as hell am a NEVER TRUMP with his attacks on other Republicans .

He turned me off when during his Campaign well before he won being the President when he attacked John McCain.
Trump the five time Draft Dodger said he had "no respect for John McCain as a POW because HE GOT CAPTURED":

To me that meant TRUMP HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANY OF AMERICA'S PRISONERS OF WAR BECAUSE THEY GOT CAPTURED. .

VIDEO....Here is your boy Steve "He does not like soldiers who got captured.
https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317

I did not support and never will or like him from that moment forward and I supported others in the GOP.

Steve, do you support Trump as he has no respect FOR ANY AMERICAN POW because they got captured?

I'm waiting for your reply.
tenor.gif

Trump used student deferments to avoid the draft. Weren’t those legal ?
I had a draft number at 41 and my enrollment at OU kept me out of the draft. Knowing what I know now I’m glad I never went to Vietnam. I wish 58,000 others had never gone.

I had a draft number at 41 and my enrollment at OU kept me out of the draft. Knowing what I know now I’m glad I never went to Vietnam. I wish 58,000 others had never gone.

I absolutely agree with you. Kids from my high school died in Viet Nam CTOkie, like you pointed out 58000 Americans died there.
In my opinion this was a ridiculous war like I feel about today our 16 years in Afganistan.
It is another no win war.

Bill Clinton was a draft dodger too. And his wife is an incompetent cankled cow who got Americans killed. I haven't seen you bitch about that yet, Mr. Republican bull.

Did either one say POWs are not heroes because they got captured?
And I have not and would not vote for either Clinton. They will never be in politics again so I don't even give them a second thought. They are dead to me.

Hey if you want to support Trump I could give a shit. If anyone here supports Trump that's up to them being an American with freedom of choice.. I supported Jeb Bush first and then Rubio. when Jeb dropped out and then Cruz.
I do not like Trump and never will. I would like a President Mike Pence.

Last edited:
Bill Clinton was a draft dodger too. And his wife is an incompetent cankled cow who got Americans killed. I haven't seen you bitch about that yet, Mr. Republican bull.
Let's not forget Dick Cheney, the former "president" who declared he "had other things to do". He sure as schit had no issues sending other people's sons and daughters into a senseless, long and costly war. Dick Cheney is not a good person.

Did either one say POWs are not heroes because they got captured?
And I have not and would not vote for either Clinton. They will never be in politics again so I don't even give them a second thought. They are dead to me.

Hey if you want to support Trump I could give a shit. If anyone here supports Trump that's up to them being an American with freedom of choice.. I supported Jeb Bush first and then Rubio. when Jeb dropped out and then Cruz.
I do not like Trump and never will. I would like a President Mike Pence.
I don't like Trump as a person either, bull. But I do support his policies. I was a lifelong registered Democrat until 2016 when I changed my affiliation to Independent. Obama took the Democratic Party so far left that they alienated me. I wanted Trump to win and put this country first, and that's exactly what he's doing.

He says a bunch of dumb stuff but it's what he's doing that counts.

Twitter is his best weapon and it works. He's telling the American peeps things that the liberal media won't. It's working and I hope he keeps tweeting.
Maybe it's working in "red" Oklahoma but it sure is not working across the nation.. November will usher the democrats back in power in the House and hopefully in the senate as well. Dumpy is an embarrassment. He calls Hillary crooked. He is the ultimate crook and wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face.

Maybe it's working in "red" Oklahoma but it sure is not working across the nation.. November will usher the democrats back in power in the House and hopefully in the senate as well. Dumpy is an embarrassment. He calls Hillary crooked. He is the ultimate crook and wouldn't know the truth if it hit him in the face.

I'm not in Oklahoma. And most importantly it worked in Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania, to name a few 'known' Democratic states. The Deplorables came out of the woodwork. Trump is trying to get things done but he can't do it by himself. DACA is a clear example. Three yeares ago, the DEMs would have loved to have what is being proposed todayby Trump. But because it was Trump that proposed the policy, they ran for cover. For the record, I expect one or both houses to go opposite of the President's party. It pretty much happens about every mid term. Everything is realy BS but the Supreme Court and it's only reason Trump got my vote. The country is and has slowly moved to the left for years... I wanted to herlp make sure it stayed at a slow pace.

Student deferments were only up to 1971. My father was drafted and served as a college graduate in graduate school. He is only 1.4 yrs older than Trump.

Trump would have been 24.5 yrs by 1971. He would have had to have been a full time student for 6.5 yrs to avoid the draft until 1971. After 1971, he would have been eligible to be drafted after every semester of school for the next 1.5 yrs (3 semesters) until he was 26.

Remember there was no innnerwebz back then; maybe he had a high lotto number or he could have been on the "11 year plan" for college like me (I registered when I was supposed to but the war draft was over Jan 27, 1973).

Remember there was no innnerwebz back then; maybe he had a high lotto number or he could have been on the "11 year plan" for college like me (I registered when I was supposed to but the war draft was over Jan 27, 1973).

But from 71-73, school only saved you for 1 semester or 1 year if you were a senior.

And if school saved you, I believe it then pushed someone else from your family to the front of the list like brothers and cousins.

Yeah I remember; it was a source of contention @ the dinner table from the time I was in Jr High through the end about a year before HS graduation for me and millions of others of us unfortunate sons.

WOW ! Can you imagine what happens in the Mid-terms IF the Don meets with "little rocket man" and achieves verifiable progress on their nukes OR reunification of the Peninsula after all these years ?

WOW ! Can you imagine what happens in the Mid-terms IF the Don meets with "little rocket man" and achieves verifiable progress on their nukes OR reunification of the Peninsula after all these years ?

Whoa. Tap the brakes there on Korean reunification. Not going to happen in our lifetimes, but the meetings with South Korea and now with the Adulterer-in-Chief is very encouraging.

Whoa. Tap the brakes there on Korean reunification. Not going to happen in our lifetimes, but the meetings with South Korea and now with the Adulterer-in-Chief is very encouraging.
“Adulterer-in-Chief” can be applied to JFK and Clinton as well.....two sitting presidents.
As for Trump’s hair, I would rather be bald (which I mostly am) than have the horrid head of hair of Trump.
As for negotiating with a homicidal maniac who represents North Korea, I hope Trump realizes he’s dealing from a position of strength, makes his demands and tells the fat bastard to take it or leave it.

Adulterer in Chief! Love it. I remember when the Republicans didn't have the strength to overtake Clinton all they could do was impeach him for lying about his extra marital sexual encounters.

My first POTUS, the Peanut admitted in a Playboy interview that "he had sinned in thinking adulterous thoughts". I submit that we all have done the same no matter which way we vote

Last edited:
My first POTUS, the Peanut admitted in a Playboy interview that "he had sinned in thinking adulterous thoughts". I submit that we all have done the same no matter which we vote
Yeah, I remember the shock and outrage by many.....over really a non-issue.
Carter called it "lust in his heart". That's not where I feel it.

Bush Sr. would have won the 1992 election over sexual predictor Bill Clinton had Perot not run as a third party candidate.

No kidding. But the simple fact is that Bush Sr lied about taxes. Bush Sr actions created the awareness factor that sent people looking for alternative answers at the polls. Perot was there and maximized it. He brought it upon himself.... w/. "Read my lips. No... New.... Taxes."

About the same time the religious right start and conservatives in general started condoning adultery. ;)

For me personally, I didn't necessarily condone the adultery but it was two other thingsn that really bothered me.

1. As a sitting President he lied to the American people. Worse, he lied under oath to a Grand Jury. That's a big, big no-no in my books.

2. His sexual affairs. He allowed himself to be set up for blackmail w/other agencies, individuals and especially other foreign nations. For all we know he was blackmailed and gave away the farm on may things in an attempt to hide or cover up his sexual romp(s).

To be sincere, I feel this way about both parties. IF Trump has issues w an affair, I hope he just comes clean, state it as such and move on. Just don't lie about it.

No kidding. But the simple fact is that Bush Sr lied about taxes. Bush Sr actions created the awareness factor that sent people looking for alternative answers at the polls. Perot was there and maximized it. He brought it upon himself.... w/. "Read my lips. No... New.... Taxes."

Totally correct. In addition, George didn’t fight hard enough to deserve the win. For that reason, I voted for Perot, which didn’t matter here in Oklahoma. The day is coming for an independent. Probably not anytime soon but I believe it will happen unless the Dems and GOP finally pull their collective heads from their asses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT