ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA College World Series

This is going to be a great series but I hope OU can end it in 2. If I remember correctly Ole Miss was the preseason number 1 but had 2 players get hurt at some point causing them to stumble.

I dont know how others feel but I love pitching duels or games like 5-3 etc etc. I hate high scoring games like 15-8 etc etc unless of course we have the higher number.

Texas was preseason #1, Ole Miss was #8, Notre Dame #7, Florida #9, So I say we go out and make it 4/4 upset of top 10 teams.
Texas dropped out and Ole Miss found it's way to #1 and then took a nose dive. They had some injuries. Ole Miss stumbled in about every stat. Errors, batting, fielding, etc. They went 7-14 in SEC play. Without to many changes they simply started playing baseball again. Texas was the most overrated team in the top 25. They were preseason #1 but was at the top less than two weeks as I recall.

I think we match up better with Ole Miss than we would have against Arkansas. The difference (just my opinion): OU can hit Ole Miss pitchers. Ole Miss is less likely to hit OU pitchers. Hogs had better bats.

Last edited:
Texas dropped out and Ole Miss found it's way to #1 and then took a nose dive. They had some injuries. Ole Miss stumbled in about every stat. Errors, batting, fielding, etc. They went 7-14 in SEC play. Without to many changes they simply started playing baseball again. Texas was the most overrated team in the top 25. They were preseason #1 but was at the top less than two weeks as I recall.

I think we match up better with Ole Miss than we would have against Arkansas. The difference (just my opinion): OU can hit Ole Miss pitchers. Ole Miss is less likely to hit OU pitchers. Hogs had better bats.

I agree, Arkie beating us would be unbearable living amongst them. Won't be much better if Ole Miss does having 2 brothers that graduated from there. Get it done Sooners!

OU cannot win if they don't swing the bats. They took far too many pitches right down the middle without moving. Deer in the headlights type of reaction. We need to play our game and not theirs on Sunday.
No doubt and I was thinking to myself “ how in the world do you let those pitches go by without even swinging the bat- especially with based loaded and no outs at the time”

2 strikes on the batter puts all the pressure on themselves. Hopefully we win today to get to that 3rd game.

Reactions: iasooner2000
No doubt and I was thinking to myself “ how in the world do you let those pitches go by without even swinging the bat- especially with based loaded and no outs at the time”

2 strikes on the batter puts all the pressure on themselves. Hopefully we win today to get to that 3rd game.
When we let two strikes go right down the middle without swinging it forces the batter to swing at marginal pitches to stay alive. We were completely out of character yesterday. Let's hope we play SOONER ball today. Ole Miss did what I expected OU to do. Jump out early and make them catch up.

I just wonder if Ole Miss didn't have a slight advantage, they have played most of their games at night. Playing under the lights can be different than during the day. Now this is just my opinion, and I am using that as to why we were not putting bat to ball.

OUr young men need to dust themselves, settle down and do what they've done this whole tournament. Cade's gonna bring the heat today. Methodical, controlling and commanding. Imo. Should be a great game. 👍

I just wonder if Ole Miss didn't have a slight advantage, they have played most of their games at night. Playing under the lights can be different than during the day. Now this is just my opinion, and I am using that as to why we were not putting bat to ball.
We will see if your analysis holds true.

maybe they should have brought JT Gasso with them. We do not look comfortable swinging the bats.

When we let two strikes go right down the middle without swinging it forces the batter to swing at marginal pitches to stay alive. We were completely out of character yesterday. Let's hope we play SOONER ball today. Ole Miss did what I expected OU to do. Jump out early and make them catch up.
Even this game...never seen batters just watch pitches fly by.

I guess the runner's supposed to run around the bag in foul territory and then come back and touch it? If the ball had hit the runner three or four feet earlier, I'd agree. As it was (and I don't care what the announcers say) it was a horsecrap call.

I guess the runner's supposed to run around the bag in foul territory and then come back and touch it? If the ball had hit the runner three or four feet earlier, I'd agree. As it was (and I don't care what the announcers say) it was a horsecrap call.
You better believe it was a horsecrap call. God damm almighty.

ADVERTISEMENT