ADVERTISEMENT

My 2015 prediction...

WNAS, you may be right, but why do you feel that way? FWIW, I also think its 50/50. I am surprised/disappointed that he is coaching OU football this season after last year's poor defensive performances. Sorry, Plaino, I know you are intolerant of posts like this, and I am one of your fans, but that's the way I feel. I think Bob is taking a big gamble on Mike....I hope it works out for him. I do feel that moving Mike to DE coach was smart and a way to protect Mike.

I believe he should have been let go last year as well but I also feel that it was too much of a change for Bob to let go both co-ordinaries at the same time. He opted to give Mike another season. And as Oklabama said, he moved him from the back end & brought in what many believe is a solid coach.

Fitty I'd be more than happy if your prediction(s) come true, but I don't see it happening.

Oklabama, we may see a different scheme going forward. With Mike moving to the line, we may see more of an emphasis to rushing vs coverage. But I've lost quite a lot of confidence in Mike. Perhaps Bob's plan will pay off. We can only hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
DO article "Bob Stoops on Dodds watchlist". Coach Stoops is on a lot of Sooner Fans watch list and he needs to do well in 2015. Not saying he needs to go undefeated but he needs to not lose at home and have the team playing well at the end of the year and in a bowl game. Duplicate 2014 and Mike isn't the only Stoops on the hot seat.

For the record I hope Bob Stoops turns it around but he has his work cut out. The Sooner program is very close to being at the same place Texas was when Mack was shown the door.

Needing some Sooner Majic in 2015

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
It's a Stoops family Epiphany year. There is no excuse for anything less than a B12 title in my eyes. We have a serviceable offense with several QB's if managed correctly can get us through (see Alabama) offensively and it will need a defense that can step it up to win.

As I mentioned in another thread, watch the TN game from last year again for the blue print. That game was spot on in most respects, nothing special but a workman like attitude to accomplish the mission. We don't need to be flashy with 52-10 like games, just get it done with passion and aggressiveness.

This will be Mike Stoop's last season as a coach and/or co-ordinator for OU.

I tend to side with your thinking here. I would much rather Mike's defense have a huge season, but so far there is zero evidence that will happen. If 2015's defense turns out to be another disaster like 2014 and Bob refuses to get rid of his brother, then Bob could very quickly start feeling some real heat. If that happens, then lets hope Mike is man enough to resign and keep from putting Bob in such a situation.

I sure hope WNAS is wrong about this being Mike's last year. That will mean our defense will be a disaster and we're looking at a 7-5 or 6-6 season. I think Mike has it in him and has the players to turn this defense around. Call it wishful thinking, but I just don't see this D being any worse than what they showed the second half of the season and in the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT