ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon

What's with the "obsessed" schtick?

Is that the 'go to' cop out for ignorance?

There is no credible basis for critiscism of Mixon. There is not enough evidence to even begin to substantiate it, and even if there were, it's the least of our issues.

Bcs its just an opinion man nothing else. As I stated it was brought up by deano this week on the animal so apparently we aren't the only ones noticing it

Reactions: BillyRay
What's with the "obsessed" schtick?

Is that the 'go to' cop out for ignorance?

There is no credible basis for critiscism of Mixon. There is not enough evidence to even begin to substantiate it, and even if there were, it's the least of our issues.
BCS never missed a good argument. I will agree that Mixon is the least of our problems, but it would be nice to have to have some of these guys live up to the expectations. You guys are treating him like he was just some walk on running back. Can I say I expected more from him without some of you guys going nuts? Good grief

Ahhh, as usual. Deflect and post creepy teenage stuff when caught with your pants down. Sorry my post roasted you. The ammo is so cheap and plentiful I couldn't help it.

Not sure why I would be roasted over a dumb post you made. But believe what you want...its of no consequence to me. Now I think I'm getting the idea of how Bull felt when he was so successful at getting under some people's skin. :D

Not sure why I would be roasted over a dumb post you made. But believe what you want...its of no consequence to me. Now I think I'm getting the idea of how Bull felt when he was so successful at getting under some people's skin. :D
If you let bull get under your skin, well, that says something about you. And you did get roasted. And it appears you're butthurt about it. Enjoy your day. Stop obsessing over me.

1. This isn't a good argument. I don't think you've ever made one. But this is worse than your usual drivel.

2. Treating like a walk-on? Are you trying out dumb yourself on every post? Nobody said that, not even remotely close to it. Those of us with firing neurons are just responding with the obvious, which happens to be the complete negation of your unsabstansiated analysis.

If you let bull get under your skin, well, that says something about you. And you did get roasted. And it appears you're butthurt about it. Enjoy your day. Stop obsessing over me.

Lol, I said he got under my skin? Clearly you assume alot when you get upset. :D Instead of being mad at me, maybe you should be spending your time making your list of which posters on here are gonna take over the coaching positions at OU since you feel as if the entire coaching staff should be fired immediately and replaced by posters on this board. ;)
illK6U.gif

BCS never missed a good argument. I will agree that Mixon is the least of our problems, but it would be nice to have to have some of these guys live up to the expectations. You guys are treating him like he was just some walk on running back. Can I say I expected more from him without some of you guys going nuts? Good grief
What exactly did you expect? If he had had a meaningful number of carries I could be more on board with you. About 6 carries a game. Hard to even stay warmed up at that rate. And we can agree he has a shitty line that run blocks like they are the Teletubbies.

Lol, I said he got under my skin? Clearly you assume alot when you get upset. :D Instead of being mad at me, maybe you should be spending your time making your list of which posters on here are gonna take over the coaching positions at OU since you feel as if the entire coaching staff should be fired immediately and replaced by posters on this board. ;)
illK6U.gif
Oh is that what you're using as your sig? I stand by that. Absolutely terrible coaching yesterday and I think you'd agree. What coaching position do you want? Lots of positions available on my list.

What exactly did you expect? If he had had a meaningful number of carries I could be more on board with you. About 6 carries a game. Hard to even stay warmed up at that rate. And we can agree he has a shitty line that run blocks like they are the Teletubbies.
Medic I'm basing it more on the eye test. Maybe if he had more carries he would get into a rhythm and be more productive, but it still seems like he doesn't have the ability to make people miss and make something out of nothing. As I said, I could be wrong and I hope I am.

Anyone else disappointed in Mixon? I really expected this guy to be something special but so far he just hasn't delivered. I thought we might have the best 1 - 2 running back combo in the country but that hasn't materialized. He looks like he is running at half speed and looking to get tackled. I know he isn't getting much blocking but if he wants to be a great back then he is going to have to show he can make people miss.

With all due respect, this confirms to me that you just do not understand the game. Period. Mixon is a glider and has patience to see the hole. He has typically made more than has been blocked for him.

OUr oline got their butts kicked yesterday. The run blocking has been sorry all year, but yesterday they could not pass block either. We have a guy who rushed for 1700 last year. Is Perine over 250 for the season?

And let us not forget that from the end of his senior year of high school in 2013, until last spring, Mixon had no practice reps. Until a little over a month ago, zero game reps In two years. And he is a freshman, who is one of the youngest rs freshmen in the country.

Mixon will be fine once he gets a little running room.

Last edited:
Medic I'm basing it more on the eye test. Maybe if he had more carries he would get into a rhythm and be more productive, but it still seems like he doesn't have the ability to make people miss and make something out of nothing. As I said, I could be wrong and I hope I am.
Fair enough. I contend it's hard to make people miss when you can barely get started. He does lead our backs in ypc though.

Might need to get them eyes checked...

I've seen Mixon get into open space twice in limited touches; he scored a touchdown each time.

Plaino is the same poster who said coaches having nothing to do with outcomes of games and thinks Sanchez is the best corner in years at ou lol. Take what he says with a grain of salt in other words

If someone had told me that Texas would only score 24 points yesterday, I would bet the house on OU. Just ignored what I already knew about the OL. Not smart!

Plaino is the same poster who said coaches having nothing to do with outcomes of games and thinks Sanchez is the best corner in years at ou lol. Take what he says with a grain of salt in other words

Plaino has a track record of supporting his opinion with knowledge and reason and is right more often than not.

Your track record is more analogous to a chimp throwing feces at the zoo.

Might need to get them eyes checked...

I've seen Mixon get into open space twice in limited touches; he scored a touchdown each time.
bcs I'm not wasting my time with you today. Go argue with someone else for a change........surely you must have a niece or nephew that likes to hurl childish insults all day

bcs I'm not wasting my time with you today. Go argue with someone else for a change........surely you must have a niece or nephew that likes to hurl childish insults all day

Is someone forcing you at gunpoint to keep responding? Do I need to call 911 and get the hostage negotiator headed your way?

Bcs grow up for gods sake. You have some major issues. I don't care if he is Einstein he has made some foolish statements.

Bcs is the type of poster that's its more important to him to agree with some of his buddies rather than say something that actually make sense. I used to do that too then I turned 13

Bcs grow up for gods sake. You have some major issues. I don't care if he is Einstein he has made some foolish statements.

Thanks Sigmand Fraud. I'll be sure and see if my therapist can work out why I'm 'obsessed' with pointing out stupidity.

With all due respect, this confirms to me that you just do not understand the game. Period. Mixon is a glider and has patience to see the hole. He has typically made more than has been blocked for him.

OUr oline got their butts kicked yesterday. The run blocking has been sorry all year, but yesterday they could not pass block either. We have a guy who rushed for 1700 last year. Is Perine over 250 for the season?

And let us not forget that from the end of his senior year of high school in 2013, until last spring, had no practice reps. Until a little over a month ago, zero game reps In two years. And he is a freshman, who is one of the youngest rs freshmen in the country.

Totally agree, we don't need to throw darts at Mixon, he is not to blame. The coaches need to develop our lineman or recruit better. It's sad to think of all the weapons we have and we can't do ANYTHING. Our QB could not even pass.

Bcs is the type of poster that's its more important to him to agree with some of his buddies rather than say something that actually make sense. I used to do that too then I turned 13

Lost all your buddies at 13, huh? I'm surprised it took them that long to figure you out.

If someone had told me that Texas would only score 24 points yesterday, I would bet the house on OU. Just ignored what I already knew about the OL. Not smart!

I had Texas scoring 31. I just didn't see us struggling to pass against the Horns. As soon as they realized we couldn't handle the blitz, they kept it coming all day and we didn't make many changes to slow them down. Didn't see many quick passes either.

Reactions: Oklabama
My stupidity? The guy you are taking up for thinks coaches have nothing to do with outcomes of games ha-ha yes he actually said this. He thinks Sanchez is elite and best corner at ou in a very long time. Both idiotic statements. As I said it's more important to you to buddy up with your friends than say something that makes sense. Be your own man bcs...put down the Atari controller and be your own man

Totally agree, we don't need to throw darts at Mixon, he is not to blame. The coaches need to develop our lineman or recruit better. It's sad to think of all the weapons we have and we can't do ANYTHING. Our QB could not even pass.

And let us not forget that from the end of his senior year of high school in 2013, until last spring, had no practice reps. Until a little over a month ago, zero game reps In two years. And he is a freshman, who is one of the youngest rs freshmen in the country.

Plaino are you this arrogant in person? Being a water boy doesn't make you an expert on football. If you think Mixon is living up to expectations so far then you better go back and look at the tape. He tip toes to the line and usually just waits to get hit and go down. As I have already stated, he will probably improve quite a bit with age and more reps. However, at this point, he isn't the difference maker I thought he would be. I saw the USC running back play on Thursday. I believe he was the #1 back coming out last year. He made play after play and looked the part. Mixon might get there eventually but he isn't there yet regardless of blocking.

My stupidity? The guy you are taking up for thinks coaches have nothing to do with outcomes of games ha-ha yes he actually said this. He thinks Sanchez is elite and best corner at ou in a very long time. Both idiotic statements. As I said it's more important to you to buddy up with your friends than say something that makes sense. Be your own man bcs...put don't the Atari controller and be your own man

Can you bump that quote word for word where Plaino said "coaches have nothing to do with outcome of games"? If not, you're quote mining or twisting his words. I'm well aware of Plaino's opinion on the player's game day performance being the main component of wins and losses, and to an extent I agree with him. But as usual, he provides logic and reason to his opinion.

Sanchez looked like he was on pace as a freshman to be our best DB in a while, but had injury issues last season, and looks suspect this year. So what?

And finally, kind of ironic that you're telling me to "be my own man" while using barking's go to insult for me on playing video games. Pretty weak that you have to share jokes and genes.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others”

— Paramhansa Yogananda

Bcs all I have to do is use an extra S in your name and you almost start crying. Yes Sanchez looked promising as a freshman but he has struggled a lot in his career. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm saying he isn't elite

Bcs all I have to do is use an extra S in your name and you almost start crying. Yes Sanchez looked promising as a freshman but he has struggled a lot in his career. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm saying he isn't elite

I've pointed out in the past that you did it intentionally to instigate arguments; that's a far cry from "crying", but since you ain't got much ammo in your BB gun I'll let you have it.

And up until Sanchez's injury last season, he did look elite. He's a risk taker, so I'm comfortable with him getting beat on occasion. He makes big plays so I'll take the good with the bad. I don't believe he's elite either, but that hardly makes Plaino's opinions irrelevant. He's shown time and again that he is very knowledgeable and more than your average arm chair quarterback/coach. It is more than anybody would say of you and your cohort.

Once again, you misquote me, then try to make hay out of something not said. Mostly, it's to support you're uneducated view of the game generally. I never said coaches don't matter. Even defined it further.

Yesterday was not about coaches, it was about players getting their butts kicked. Until OU can run the ball with some sort of consistent effectiveness, we're going to have a hard time moving the ball against a quality college defense, especially on the road. And by running, I don't mean Mayfield running for his life and scrambling for 15 yards.

What is scary to me, is that this OLine incompetence has three seniors. So we're going to be young again next year. If you count our 6'8 offensive guard from tackle, it's four seniors. They aren't getting it done. Until they get it figured out, OUr running game is going to suck and our offense will struggle against good defenses.

Once again, you misquote me, then try to make hay out of something not said. Mostly, it's to support you're uneducated view of the game generally. I never said coaches don't matter. Even defined it further.

Yesterday was not about coaches, it was about players getting their butts kicked. Until OU can run the ball with some sort of consistent effectiveness, we're going to have a hard time moving the ball against a quality college defense, especially on the road. And by running, I don't mean Mayfield running for his life and scrambling for 15 yards.

What is scary to me, is that this OLine incompetence has three seniors. So we're going to be young again next year. If you count our 6'8 offensive guard from tackle, it's four seniors. They aren't getting it done. Until they get it figured out, OUr running game is going to suck and our offense will struggle against good defenses.
Plaino is it EVER about coaches?

Plaino are you this arrogant in person? Being a water boy doesn't make you an expert on football. If you think Mixon is living up to expectations so far then you better go back and look at the tape. He tip toes to the line and usually just waits to get hit and go down. As I have already stated, he will probably improve quite a bit with age and more reps. However, at this point, he isn't the difference maker I thought he would be. I saw the USC running back play on Thursday. I believe he was the #1 back coming out last year. He made play after play and looked the part. Mixon might get there eventually but he isn't there yet regardless of blocking.
WOW, chill out. We better blame Perine too, also Mayfield he could not run either.

I dunno if I completely agree with you here about yesterday not being about the coaches. Yes no doubt it was the players who get whipped all day long. But with 3 seniors on the line, then I absolutely put that on coaching for players that have been in the system this long and looking that bad yesterday. Now I know I have defended coach Bedenbaugh before on here. But yesterday really was a debacle that lands squarely on his shoulders. His position group was BY FAR the worst part of the team OU trotted out on the field yesterday. If it were all true freshman out there getting picked on, then no doubt I would feel differently. But with several seniors out there on the line, that really is just inexcusable for such a debacle to happen to that level of incompetence.

Plaino,

In my opinion, Bob has a history of loyalty to upper classmen, and I wonder if St. John, Farniok and Kasitati are truly our better options.

At this point, I'd have no problem getting some younger guys in there as see what they got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT