ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon

343277_by_a_writers_lament-d87zgm3.gif

1. What Landry predictions?

2. You didn't win any arguments about Clay.

3. I only see you disagreeing with Plaino about Sanchez. No real controversy.

Keep patting yourself on the head for imagined victories.

There isn't chalkboard big enough to keep tallies on the number of times you've made yourself look like a dope, much less another poster clowning you. Hell I've seen you get destroyed on Orangebloods.
good grief are you still on here arguing? Man give it a rest.

Reactions: BillyRay
barking you sure have wasted a lot of time arguing with someone you don't have time to argue with. Don't boast about it when you know you ain't gonna do it.

One time I'd love to see the small group of guys on here tell another "man I disagree" or " man that was stupid " ha-ha. Can any of you be individuals just one time or does it literally scare you that bad? Never mind this is what you guys wanted and now its a 4-10 person message board. You did it yourself guys lol. Trying to be cool was more accepted than accepting other opinions. Heck even the pay board makes fun of you guys.
1)Folks disagree often on this board. It's really only you that has terribly fragile skin and gets enough sand in his vagina to produce pearls when others dismiss your opinion as stupid.

2)4-10 person message board? Not that silly crap again. I'm getting the feeling you aren't able to count. Seriously. I'm certain somebody in your family can count. Ask them for help.

3)What would you know about the pay board? You've never dropped a dime to subscribe to it. Are you really going to try to coattail on a group you've never been a part of haha?

Don't you have some silly ranting about winter weather predictions to prepare? Mmmmmhmmmmmm, I know that's right.

You should go to the hospital if you have a woody more than 4 hrs. I think after this many hours you better call 911.
You old farts need to quit running off posters.

Comical that Yankees thinks he's being insulting. He'd have gotten on his knees in front of disgusting homeless people to have the opportunities you had Plaino. In fact, all things being what they are, I will say that Yankees is in no position to try to insult anybody on this board.

I've always meant to ask, what years were you at OU and do you remember a guy with the last name of Colmore?

Medic, I was a manager During the last four years was the US particpation in the Vietnam war. Steve Owens won the Heiman my freshman year. LeeRoy and Dewey and Joe Washington and Tinker Owens were freshmen my senior year. Jack Mildren was a year ahead of me.

We broke the long dominance of the Horns my junior year, which was the same year as the GOTC. IT was a remarkable time.

Medic, I was a manager During the last four years was the US particpation in the Vietnam war. Steve Owens won the Heiman my freshman year. LeeRoy and Dewey and Joe Washington and Tinker Owens were freshmen my senior year. Jack Mildren was a year ahead of me.

We broke the long dominance of the Horns my junior year, which was the same year as the GOTC. IT was a remarkable time.
Gotcha. I have an uncle that was also of the unskilled labor variety for OU, but he was there in the later 70's during the reign of Billy.

Plaino is the same poster who said coaches having nothing to do with outcomes of games and thinks Sanchez is the best corner in years at ou lol. Take what he says with a grain of salt in other words

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.” - Euripides

More Jr. High brilliance in 5...4...3...2...

Reactions: Medic007
However, he has yet to live up to the expectations.

Everyone has different 'expectations' on players. IMO, your expectations are a tad too high for Mixon. Mixon did come in with hype. He was also the most highly ranked RB to select the Sooners (per Rivals) since Murray. But as long as he's been around, he has only played in four collegiate games in his career. Couple this with the fact that he's learning his 2nd offense in as many years. Mixon's absence last year is costing him this year as well. So far anyway. But Mixon didn't lose the game against the Horns... and as far as that goes, he didn't win the previous 3 either.

Reactions: Medic007
Everyone has different 'expectations' on players. IMO, your expectations are a tad too high for Mixon. Mixon did come in with hype. He was also the most highly ranked RB to select the Sooners (per Rivals) since Murray. But as long as he's been around, he has only played in four collegiate games in his career. Couple this with the fact that he's learning his 2nd offense in as many years. Mixon's absence last year is costing him this year as well. So far anyway. But Mixon didn't lose the game against the Horns... and as far as that goes, he didn't win the previous 3 either.
Well maybe you are right wnas. I may have gotten caught up in what all his fellow teammates and coaches were saying about him during practices. Maybe its just going to take him longer to adjust than I had anticipated. I was kinda looking for an Adrian Peterson type of talent and it just doesn't seem like it.

Reactions: BillyRay
Well maybe you are right wnas. I may have gotten caught up in what all his fellow teammates and coaches were saying about him during practices. Maybe its just going to take him longer to adjust than I had anticipated. I was kinda looking for an Adrian Peterson type of talent and it just doesn't seem like it.
He could be near AD type talent, but he's behind an offensive line that even AD would struggle to run behind. Plus, he was set back a year and isn't playing in a downhill running style of offense AD played in. He's definitely shown sparks, but you can't compare apples to oranges. I doubt that his teammates and coaches are completely wrong. They only saw him against our own questionable defense, so in the end you could be more right than wrong. But at this point it's way too early to make an intelligent judgment based on the line and very limited touches.

He could be near AD type talent, but he's behind an offensive line that even AD would struggle to run behind. Plus, he was set back a year and isn't playing in a downhill running style of offense AD played in. He's definitely shown sparks, but you can't compare apples to oranges. I doubt that his teammates and coaches are completely wrong. They only saw him against our own questionable defense, so in the end you could be more right than wrong. But at this point it's way too early to make an intelligent judgment based on the line and very limited touches.

Very good RB? Yes. The next AD? Are you kidding me? Even behind the 1967 Green Bay Packer line, he's not the next AD. And I love the kid's talent. Best HS RB videos I've ever seen were Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray, and AD. Saw Mixon's too...not in the same class then, and still not. That is VERY rare company.

Reactions: barkingwater2000
Very good RB? Yes. The next AD? Are you kidding me? Even behind the 1967 Green Bay Packer line, he's not the next AD. And I love the kid's talent. Best HS RB videos I've ever seen were Reggie Bush, DeMarco Murray, and AD. Saw Mixon's too...not in the same class then, and still not. That is VERY rare company.
Good to see ST posting again

Good to see ST posting again

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT