ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Stoops discussion thread

Mister Moses

OU scholarship offer
Sep 27, 2011
Knock yourselves out. Should've been done long ago. Dedicated thread for Mike Stoops dismissal.
I won't ever butt in because I don't care. I trust Bob Stoops and can can do what he wants with the staff.

Bob is not going to fire Mike Stoops. Kirk Herbstreet said last night that Bob told him as much (wouldn't fire Mike for a few bad games). So, Mike is here to stay unless he should decide to step down.

A guy on the pay board not long ago summed it up best about Mike...
when your defensive coordinator knowingly and intentionally starts a 190 pound defensive back at outside linebacker and then says that he didn't anticipate that teams would make him play like an outside linebacker... you have the answer to your question.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
............or as a Big 12 member.

I don't know about that, CT. I'm not convinced that Big 12 schools can't have a defense that can stop any style offense. I think there are DC to be had to vie for a natty with the right offense. I just don't think Bob is willing to do what is necessary to find that guy. But maybe you're right. We'll probably never know.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
We need two legit rush ends and an occupying DT. Four hands in the dirt. 4. Cuatro. 3+1. Cut the 3-4 crap! We're spread to thin to stop the run and to confused to stop the pass.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT