ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Fasusi Prospect Analysis

Spacemon25

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2017
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Fasusi is one of the more fluid, elite looking athletes I have seen Oklahoma attain on the recruiting trail in some time. He has great arm length, thick glutes, but looks like a sprinter below the knees, with an upper body built to quickly acquire some more thickness and strength.

Consistently, all I have heard is how “raw” he is. While he does need to get stronger and put on some additional strength, by the end of this season, I think he may be a well prepared prospect coming into the spring semester for the Sooners.

For me, calling someone a “raw prospect” has to be quantifiable. Typically it means lack of strength, fluidity or poor technique such as losing balance/control, consistently not fully understand assignments, lacking the prerequisite SAQ to play at the next level. I don’t see that with Fasusi.

With Fasusi, I see a player who blends tenacity with elite physical traits while being thoroughly committed to learning the nuances position.

He does lack the “stun” in his hands but that will come with time but I love watching him get out of his stance going left (or right) in pass blocking scenarios. He swallows up long defenders and has great instincts, knows where the ball is and is always there for a blockout even if he doesn’t get the pancake.

Similar to Cayden Green, I see traits in Fasusi that could make him elite at the guard spot as well and maybe he could see some early snaps if he initially takes that route.

Hope you all enjoy the videos and evals!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.