ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Golding is off the table...

Dont think its Golding, Dax Hill top safety in the country flipped from Michigan to Alabama, if Golding was coming and bringing the secondary coach with him, I would think Hill would probably sign with OU instead.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Dont think its Golding, Dax Hill top safety in the country flipped from Michigan to Alabama, if Golding was coming and bringing the secondary coach with him, I would think Hill would probably sign with OU instead.

There's something up for sure. Golding is either still coming but w/o the secondary coach or he punched his ticket to stay at Alabama.

Someone needs to inject a new attitude in the defense. Re-watch the OU/FSU championship game in 2000 and you'll see the attitude I want back at OU. We need more of a Bosworth mentality on this team. I truly believe we have the talent, we just don't have the same mental toughness that is determined to not even yield one yard on defense. When the defense fails 100% of the time on short yardage plays, that should tell you something about the attitude on this team.

What did you all expect, once OU was matched against Bama , or in the playoffs, this had to play out like this.....you can’t have Golding or any other coach let others think he is considering going to the opponent even if after the game, it looks bad and is a lose lose for the coach; he has to deny even if the contract is set in concrete....

But I will mention I saw that the Bama defense couldn’t even line up correctly against Georgia all the time.....so what is that?.....and good defensive stats in the SEC have to be taken with a grain of salt with the very very weak OOC schedules, reduced conference schedules, and several conference teams with flawed offenses....

I don’t know how this plays out but it won’t play out till after the last game played by concerned parties ....
I hope his defense is not predicated on out athleting' the opponent as it is not hard to do with the recruits they pull in every year. Unless he is of course planning to pull in the same level of recruits here. Either way, I suspect he can coach to be on Saban's staff.

And yet another 5star db flips his commitment, Carter from A&M flipped to Bama. If Golding is set to come to OU, doesnt look like hes bring the DB coach with him. Cooks has to be replaced, Doesnt matter who the DC is as long as the guys arent getting proper coaching, they will continue to give up 40+ points to good offenses.

Reactions: runningback43
A vanilla defense will not cut it on Bama. Got to make stops and force punts and turnovers. No duh....right? Hate to put yet another game on the offense to be flawless, but this one seems to be that game. Kyler you can beat these guys. Georgia moved the ball and you are much better than Fromm.

You have to think that Riley has told these recruits who the possible DC will be. The fact that there isnt a coach in place leads to suggest that Golding may be the guy.
This is what I'm thinking. The longer this goes, then the more I'm thinking Golding is the guy. Why else would Riley be waiting this long to announce someone unless it's because of the appearance of conflicting interests in the upcoming Orange Bowl?? If Riley was targeting a coach on any other staff in the country, then it would be no issue at all announcing it right now. OU and Bama playing each other has to be the roadblock to making an announcement. That's why I'm leaning 90% that it's Golding.

Reactions: kcstorm06
This is what I'm thinking. The longer this goes, then the more I'm thinking Golding is the guy. Why else would Riley be waiting this long to announce someone unless it's because of the appearance of conflicting interests in the upcoming Orange Bowl?? If Riley was targeting a coach on any other staff in the country, then it would be no issue at all announcing it right now. OU and Bama playing each other has to be the roadblock to making an announcement. That's why I'm leaning 90% that it's Golding.
This.
If his guy is from ‘Bama, ND, or Clemson he can’t pull the trigger until after the playoffs. ANY other team’s coach we would have announced by now.

Reactions: BillyRay
With his credentials, might Golding be looking to be a head coach ?

A possibility. But The opportunity to become DC at OU and turn around the defense, I think, would be an outstanding move for him.

I agree, the delay in announcing, the additions of last minute recruits and holding on to what they already had seems to suggest where there is smoke there is fire.

It's fun speculating ..... but i firmly believe the LR will make a sound decision on the hire of whoever it is.

Riley is hungry and aggressive. He will do the right thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT