ADVERTISEMENT

LOL AFCA Awards Okielite a NC from 1945

8085sooner

Sooner signee
Sep 10, 2008
Oklahoma State has been retroactively named as football national champions of 1945 by the American Football Coaches Association, it was announced today.
At the request of multiple schools, the AFCA established a Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to retroactively select Coaches’ Trophy winners from 1922 (when the AFCA was founded) up to 1949 (the year before the Coaches’ Poll was first published). That panel of coaches took information submitted by schools who felt they were worthy of consideration and used that data in the research and selection process
“After gathering all the pertinent information and doing our due diligence, it is the pleasure of our Blue Ribbon Commission of coaches to officially recognize Oklahoma State’s 1945 championship season with the AFCA Coaches’ Trophy,” said AFCA executive director Todd Berry.

By virtue of this announcement from the AFCA, Oklahoma State now becomes first school to be recognized as national champions by a national organization

WTF?? Are they really going to hang a Banner for this crap

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2805

So, does this mean Bama still has 57 National Championships in football?

OU recognizes seven while the NCAA says seventeen I think... Ohio State says they have 8, with Woody earning five of those... AP/UPI says 5 total I believe...

So, yes, 57 is about right for Alabama...

Reactions: Schoonerman
So how long until we see someone wearing a Tshirt at Walmart

I'm sure there is already a link for one on the Aggies board

Last edited:
While the rest of our boys were fighting the Nazis and the Japanese, OSU was winning a National Championship in football with WWII vets against 18-19 kids.
OU did the same thing under Tatum in 1946 and Wilkinson a year later with war veterans.
I also believe that it was OSU's thrashing of OU in 1945 (47-0) that awakened a dismal Sooner football program.

I need T Boone phone number or email, anyone have it? I want to know how much a NC cost from 71 years ago. I bet it was a lot less then the money he put into the stadium

Hey Mods

I need to change the Title

T Boone buys 71 year old National Championship

Last edited:
Coincidentally, Oklahoma A&M were national basketball champs in '45. So does this belated Natty for the football program mean that Boone can finally go back into the hole he came out of?

Coincidentally, Oklahoma A&M were national basketball champs in '45. So does this belated Natty for the football program mean that Boone can finally go back into the hole he came out of?

The basketball team was coached by a legend, Henry Iba...

I'm sure the Okie Lite team would've been lit up by the Davis and Blanchard team at Army that year but yeah...whatever.

Any chance they order rings?:D
I can see Boone ordering some modern champions bling ring and sporting it around. Lol

Aggies 1945 National Champs Ring
ring-pop.jpg

I'm sure the Okie Lite team would've been lit up by the Davis and Blanchard team at Army that year but yeah...whatever.

Mm hmm...yeah we only had the nations leading rusher in bob Fenimore and a helluva strong defense.

Mm hmm...yeah we only had the nations leading rusher in bob Fenimore and a helluva strong defense.

LMFAO... Really? Who did aOm face that year? Arkansas... 3-7... Denver... 5-4-1... SMU... 5-6... Utah 4-4... Tea Cup 5-5... Tulsa... 8-3... Texas Tech... 3-5-2... OU... 5-5... and St. Mary's... 7-2..........

The aggies beat TWO (2) teams with winning records in 1945... aOm sucked then like they do today....

Damn commies trying to rewrite history....

Last edited:
OA&M had a much weaker schedule than Army, who had 6 opponents with winning records (not including two military base teams whose records I can't find). A&M's two opponents with winning records were a good Tulsa team (8-3) and St Mary's (6-2, with wins over Cal and USC).
Army won by lopsided scores over Michigan (7-3), Notre Dame (7-2-1), Duke (6-2) and Navy (7-1-1).
No doubt OA&M had a great team with Bob Fenimore leading the way, but Army's teams of 1945-1946 were ones for the ages.

While the rest of our boys were fighting the Nazis and the Japanese, OSU was winning a National Championship in football with WWII vets against 18-19 kids.

War was over in Early September. I bet OSU was the only team with any WW2 veterans.

So how long until we see someone wearing a Tshirt at Walmart

I'm sure there is already a link for one on the Aggies board

Chris' University Spirit will have them available by the weekend. If they aren't already. The University has known about this for several months.

...and Army only had two Heisman winners on its team. The Cadets would've torched the Pokes like a cheap stogie. There's a reason Army was #1 in the AP poll and OSU was fifth. Army beat Michigan by 21, Notre Dame by 48, and #2 Navy by 10. OSU's credentials weren't close.

Any championship you can't claim immediately after the season in which it was played is horsecrap but I guess that won't stop the Pokes from doing it.

Reactions: CTOkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT