ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley/Offensive Line

Aint that the truth! Spending time with the adult kids and the grandson is just such a great pleasure. We did a Black Hills tour last week with the oldest son and his sweet wife. Good times!

Happy Birthday Oklabama & many more as well. Enjoy your dinner & family tonight!

Many thanks, WNAS.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
A wonderful son is all that a mom/dad wants. Little things like being with your parents go a long way. I'm having dinner with my kids tonight. Better than a RRR victory. Really!

You are dead-on correct. With experience as both the son, the Dad, and Papa! :)

tlp2.jpg

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
Do you understand that I'm not saying that at all. You blame the coaches and the scheme for everything. Their players out executed our players. Do you understand that this post by you, shows how you blame Bob Stoops and coaches for everything. Players make plays or they don't.
I understand that you may not realize that is what you are saying, but in reality, it's exactly what you are saying. You enjoy coming on here and acting as if anyone who blames coaches are inept, ignorant and/or incompetent. When in reality that is exactly what Bob has done over the last few years, so yes that is means YOU are indirectly saying the same thing about Bob. What has Bob done the last few years with his staff? He has fired or sent packing the vast majority of it. And those coaches were the same ones that prior to this season you proclaimed "the best staff in the country." So you see, when you bash posters here for holding coaches accountable in the past and Bob ended up doing the same thing, then you are yourself bashing Bob, which is exactly what you bash others on here for doing. I mean the irony is absolutely astounding.

See, the difference between me and you is I don't don't lay all the blame on coaches like you claim l do. I tend to apply blame to whichever side deserves it. Whether that be coaches, players or both. But you tend to always give coaches complete immunity and throw it all on the player

They told us all week that they were being reminded daily of the game two years ago. Of course, two years ago, you blamed the scheme. It wasn't the scheme.
First off I wasn't one of the gang that threw blame at schemes. So that defense won't work with me. Second, I absolutely think the approach Bob said they used in trying to motivate the team goes against any type of sports psychology or mental training I have ever heard of. Bob said he showed and mental reinforced the idea of losing to his team all week long. That is about the dumbest approach ever. When the OU players entered the cotton bowl I bet they all had a mental picture of losing to Texas, since that is what they were shown and reminded of a hundred times all week long.

So you are blaming Bob, with of course FW4 and WNAS chiming in a "hear, hear."

And you once again proclaim that you know more about how this ought to work than Bob does. I don't think Bob let Josh and Jay go willingly, though I don't know the details. I believe he was told to. We went 8-5 last season, which was a decent season by most standards, but a lousy one, not by OU standards, but by Bob Stoops standards.

Bob has been at OU for 17 years.

Here is the list of his 11 worst seasons:
1999 7-5
2014 8-5
2009 8-5
2005 8-4
2012 10-3
2011 10-3
2006 11-3
2007 11-3
2001 11-2
2013 11-2
2002 12-2
or 2003 12-2

Now contrast that with the 11 previous seasons, best to worst.

1988 9-3 Switzer
1991 9-3 Gibbs
1993 9-3 Gibbs
1990 8-3 Gibbs
1989 7-4 Gibbs
1992 5-4-2 Gibbs
1994 6-6 Gibbs
1995 5-5-1 Schnelly
1998 5-6 Blake
1997 4-8 Blake
1996 3-8 Blake.

Bob's worst season is better than more than half of the previous 11. And the schedule that OU plays annually is infinitely tougher than any previous Sooner coach faced, ever.

You will likely say something about Switzer's three national titles. He never had an undefeated national champion that won a bowl game. He never had to face the best other team in the country to win a national title. And when he did have to face the best team in the country for three straight years in the 80s, he lost.

With harder admission requirements that Barry ever thought about dealing with, Stoops has kept OU at an elite level nationally. That, despite the worst home state recruiting base of any other elite school in the country. Your response to his excellence to to pretty much blame him every time the Sooners get beat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bob told you guys to shove it when the season ends. And then you can go back to these times and wish it were this way again. Not the phoned in loss to Texas. But I remember when losing like that in Dallas was an expectation because something would always go wrong. Once the Selmons and Joe Washington and Tinker Owens and those great Sooners, recruited under Chuck Fairbanks had graduated, Barry went 6-5-2 against the Longhorns. Gibbs beat them once. Schnelly and Blake combined for 1-2-1.

Switzer inherited back to back number two in the nation teams with elite stars.

Stoops inherited the biggest mess in Sooner football since the Great Depression. Bob may not quite pass the big two of Saban and Urban M. But he is an elite coach, and everybody on a national level knows it, despite the mess last weekend.

Bob ain't perfect, but he's better than anybody before him for over a decade and better than anybody who will replace him. Maybe the next three. You deserve Schnelly and Blake back to back. One difference. When you rag on them for their incompetence, I'll be giving you an occasional attaboy.

Last edited:
Y'all do realize plaino never blames coaches right? To him its never ever their fault for anything

Reactions: BillyRay
I have no doubt plaino is knowledgeable about some stuff, but at times he says things are just purely ignorant

Reactions: BillyRay
Plaino, I really don't care if you want to post that the issues with OU is on the players. Nor do I even care if you wish to fault the coaches. I think what I think and I'll post as I think w/ or w/o your nod of approval, likes, and or commentary. Like me, your free to post as you wish. I do suggest that you don't concern yourself about what I post. I'm not concerned about your commentary either. As it doesn't bother me. We are fans, nothing more, nothing less. Discussion is and will take place. It's what fans do.

Now, regarding Stoops and Heupel. I don't see it your way. At least I hope it isn't. Heupel was a necessary failure for the program. He desereved to get a shot as OC, I just wished he brought with him a resume other than just OU. I see Bob finally grew tired of the antics of Heupel and lack of game book depth. He grew predictable & stale but occasionally would throw in a flash out of nowhere call that would be a great call. When he did, I praised him. When he called a poor game, I openly discussed it in a negative fashion. I do think there's a reason why he was not interviewed by bigger schools. I think those in the know, either know or suspect as I do that his demeanor, personality and lack of success as a OC at OU are not too great.

Plaino went back and added more to his reply after I called him Obama. His newly added material goes even further in cementing my suspicions that he is Obama posting as an OU fan. His post literally is the equivalent to a person asking Obama about the situation in Syria, and Obama answers by talking about climate change.

Last edited:
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides

My guess is Euripedes started the first OU message board in Greece.

You are correct. It's actually a very interesting story, and has many parallels to today's times...

Euripedes was an alumni of Greece, and a big-time supporter of his team, and their once-popular head coach, Homer. However, that support dried up after one too many losses to the hated Spartans while double digit favorites.

Many consider Euripides largely responsible for the firing of Plato, the once beloved former QB turned OC, and Hermes, the fleet footed ex-player who coached the wide receivers. In an ironic twist of fate, after Homer fired Plato and Hermes, Hermes went to work for the hated Spartans, and beat Homer the very next year, when many considered the Spartans to be out-numbered and out-manned. So infamous was this loss to the Spartans, they made a movie about it and called it '300' because the previously inept Spartan offense could have scored 300 points on the Ancient Greeks hapless defense that day.

That hapless defense had been the pride of the Ancient Greeks and Homer in previous eras. Homer's brother, Hades, was in charge of the defense, for the second time after leaving for a short spell to coach the Persians, which did not work well for Hades, and he returned in order to make Homer feel more comfortable when the new star of the defense, Socrates, left after learning of Hades' imminent return. Socrates left to coach the Ancient Romans,and they soon ruled the new world despite being located in a very weak region of the world.

You are correct. It's actually a very interesting story, and has many parallels to today's times...

Euripedes was an alumni of Greece, and a big-time supporter of his team, and their once-popular head coach, Homer. However, that support dried up after one too many losses to the hated Spartans while double digit favorites.

Many consider Euripides largely responsible for the firing of Plato, the once beloved former QB turned OC, and Hermes, the fleet footed ex-player who coached the wide receivers. In an ironic twist of fate, after Homer fired Plato and Hermes, Hermes went to work for the hated Spartans, and beat Homer the very next year, when many considered the Spartans to be out-numbered and out-manned. So infamous was this loss to the Spartans, they made a movie about it and called it '300' because the previously inept Spartan offense could have scored 300 points on the Ancient Greeks hapless defense that day.

That hapless defense had been the pride of the Ancient Greeks and Homer in previous eras. Homer's brother, Hades, was in charge of the defense, for the second time after leaving for a short spell to coach the Persians, which did not work well for Hades, and he returned in order to make Homer feel more comfortable when the new star of the defense, Socrates, left after learning of Hades' imminent return. Socrates left to coach the Ancient Romans,and they soon ruled the new world despite being located in a very weak region of the world.

Gosh, history is just plain fascinating.:D

Reactions: K2C Sooner

Very well played......LOL

So are you calling for Aristotle to save the team? ;)

Awesome post!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT