ADVERTISEMENT

KU vs Nova

RightFieldHomie

Sooner starter
Jun 22, 2002
KU looks like they borrowed a page out of Lon’s defensive playbook. Nova is shooting just like they did against us back in Houston

The announcers have caused me to root Nova. Not a fan of Team Cast. Finally found the regular broadcast. I thought I was in the Twight Zone, man.

Last edited:
Mixed emotions on Jayhawks hoops. They’ve dominated our league for half a century it seems but also have a grand total of two NCAA tournament wins during that period. They’re also the quintessential “one trick pony” when it comes to their overall athletic program. That’s exacerbated by having perhaps the most fetid football team on the planet.

In that light, I can’t help but feel a bit of selfish schafenfreude every March/April when they cough up a hairball. I’m sure I might feel less bitter if they didn’t have the fluke win against us in 1988 or if their fans hadn’t been rooting against us in the 2003 Final Four.

Mixed emotions on Jayhawks hoops. They’ve dominated our league for half a century it seems but also have a grand total of two NCAA tournament wins during that period. They’re also the quintessential “one trick pony” when it comes to their overall athletic program. That’s exacerbated by having perhaps the most fetid football team on the planet.

In that light, I can’t help but feel a bit of selfish schafenfreude every March/April when they cough up a hairball. I’m sure I might feel less bitter if they didn’t have the fluke win against us in 1988 or if their fans hadn’t been rooting against us in the 2003 Final Four.

Kansas has no business participating in NCAA football. The Jayhawks should follow the likes of Cal State Fullerton and Long Beach State which have a bigger enrollment, once sponsored a football program, but saw the light and eliminated the program and ended the futility of it all. Actually, Cal State may have been more successful than KU. I know Long Beach had a better winning percentage.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Villanova has been the best team in the NCAA all year, and Kansas was a little better than the rest of a solid Big XII top to bottom. Wildcats are very beatable, but when you shoot like that, they'd blowout a really good team.

I would be shocked if Michigan keeps it within 12 to 15 points.

Reactions: Schoonerman
Kansas has no business participating in NCAA football. The Jayhawks should follow the likes of Cal State Fullerton and Long Beach State which have a bigger enrollment, once sponsored a football program, but saw the light and eliminated the program and ended the futility of it all. Actually, Cal State may have been more successful than KU. I know Long Beach had a better winning percentage.
:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT