ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Stills answer to taking the knee

ESPiam

OU scholarship offer
Nov 30, 2008
CsQozjCXgAAnjYk.jpg

Has Kenny Stills said he supports killing cops? Anywhere?

Not to my knowledge. I'm not very tolerant to social injustice pleas when cops are being targeted and black hoodlums are killing each other. I sympathize with innocent black victims when rotten policeman take advantage of their authority and support severe penalties for such acts. But acting like all the problems that affect the black population are tied to social injustice is asinine. Then to attempt to make a point by disrespecting America by refusing to stand for the National Anthem is just too much, IMO. Sorry if I have insulted anyone but I am sick of this "stuff". If you think Kenny is taking a knee to support cops, I think you're off base.

Not to my knowledge. I'm not very tolerant to social injustice pleas when cops are being targeted and black hoodlums are killing each other. I sympathize with innocent black victims when rotten policeman take advantage of their authority and support severe penalties for such acts. But acting like all the problems that affect the black population are tied to social injustice is asinine. Then to attempt to make a point by disrespecting America by refusing to stand for the National Anthem is just too much, IMO. Sorry if I have insulted anyone but I am sick of this "stuff". If you think Kenny is taking a knee to support cops, I think you're off base.

So it is more disrespectful, in your opinion, to kneel with his hand over his heart during the national anthem, than it is to kill or beat senseless another human being? He seems to be sincere, and clear, in his message. And unlike some of the others, he has taken steps to help be a solution. Whether you agree or not, his actions back up his words. The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality isn't some joke of an organization. They do amazing work in some much needed areas.

Brandon Marshall seems to do the same. He has met with Denver's Chief of Police, opening up a dialogue in order to find solutions. Not one of these guys has proclaimed to be against cops. On the contrary, they are doing things peacefully. They aren't shooting people. They aren't running people down. Nope. They are simply taking a knee. That disgusts you, I get it. It disgusts me when innocent people get beat or killed.

One of my brothers was a cop for 23 years. He did 8 years active duty in the U.S. Army/Air Force. He knows about bad cops, as do I. My dad fought in WWII in the Battle of the Buldge before joining the Air Force before Korea. I'm well aware of what my dad fought for. I'm well aware of how he raised me. To treat everyone equally. I watched how he did those things as a child. I was upset when I had my old glove still after he had bought all the gloves left at Plano Sports Center from Bob Willard, so all the colored kids who wanted to play, could play. He got Mr. Willard to fit them all with cleats, too. Guess what happened in the fall? Dressed out for football. By the time I was 8, I understood. I still do.

Reactions: JConXtsy
So he's saying that it's okay for him to be incredibly disrespectful, ON NINE ELEVEN, to get people to be more respectful. There is social injustice by as many African Americans as there is by any other race. And the sanctioning of some black leadership in the murder of police officers is despicable.

Last edited:
Bunch of millionaire whiners. And don't say they have a right to do what they are doing, its disrespectful yet they command respect. Black on black crime is an epidemic yet they are targeting cops for dealing with thugs instead of the real problem, crime in these big cities. Makes sense to me. I have said it before and I will say it again the BLM movement is nothing more than thugs wanting to do as they please with no interference from police. I am not a racist and if I were it is my choice, nobody has to like you for anything other than the person you are on the inside. Act like an idiot and I can guarantee most people will not like you. Do we have race problems in America? Yep we do but its not just here it is worldwide. People from different Countries have disliked each other for centuries. Stop whining because you feel like someone dislikes you because of your nationality or skin color. I am sure people dislike me because I am part Native American, so what, maybe they dislike me because I am White, so what I really do not care what anyone thinks about me. Stop whining and start living. Is anyone else tired of hearing about this crap? Too many double standards today.

So it is more disrespectful, in your opinion, to kneel with his hand over his heart during the national anthem, than it is to kill or beat senseless another human being? He seems to be sincere, and clear, in his message. And unlike some of the others, he has taken steps to help be a solution. Whether you agree or not, his actions back up his words. The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality isn't some joke of an organization. They do amazing work in some much needed areas.

Brandon Marshall seems to do the same. He has met with Denver's Chief of Police, opening up a dialogue in order to find solutions. Not one of these guys has proclaimed to be against cops. On the contrary, they are doing things peacefully. They aren't shooting people. They aren't running people down. Nope. They are simply taking a knee. That disgusts you, I get it. It disgusts me when innocent people get beat or killed.

One of my brothers was a cop for 23 years. He did 8 years active duty in the U.S. Army/Air Force. He knows about bad cops, as do I. My dad fought in WWII in the Battle of the Buldge before joining the Air Force before Korea. I'm well aware of what my dad fought for. I'm well aware of how he raised me. To treat everyone equally. I watched how he did those things as a child. I was upset when I had my old glove still after he had bought all the gloves left at Plano Sports Center from Bob Willard, so all the colored kids who wanted to play, could play. He got Mr. Willard to fit them all with cleats, too. Guess what happened in the fall? Dressed out for football. By the time I was 8, I understood. I still do.

I say that its all bs. Cops are the scapegoat in all this, the real problem lies in these crime infested neighborhoods where cops are being forced to let them do what they wish because it is racist now days to go into these neighborhoods to try and clean them up. As I have stated many times, I have multiple family members and friends that are current and lr retired LE and not a single one is racist, they view a scumbag as a scumbag regardless of color. Its the certain scumbags that they say yell the loudest when they get caught. America has been raising a bunch of brats that have never been told what to do their whole lives, never had to do anything and want everything given to them, they want it without having to work for it. They want what you have worked hard for but they want it given to them because well they deserve it! Everyone has a right to their opinion on the subject. I refuse to believe that cops are out there with the intent on killing black men.

• Over the past 35 years in America, an estimated 324,000 blacks have been killed at the hands of fellow blacks, proving “racist” white cops are the least of their worries.

Ever wonder why, during the years of Democratic presidencies (JFK, LBJ 1960-68, Carter 1976-80, Clinton 1992-2000, Obama 2008-now), there is more domestic/racial unrest ?
Should Madam Flem become president, will this phenomenon continue....perhaps intensify ?

Reactions: toadfrog
I say that its all bs. Cops are the scapegoat in all this, the real problem lies in these crime infested neighborhoods where cops are being forced to let them do what they wish because it is racist now days to go into these neighborhoods to try and clean them up. As I have stated many times, I have multiple family members and friends that are current and lr retired LE and not a single one is racist, they view a scumbag as a scumbag regardless of color. Its the certain scumbags that they say yell the loudest when they get caught. America has been raising a bunch of brats that have never been told what to do their whole lives, never had to do anything and want everything given to them, they want it without having to work for it. They want what you have worked hard for but they want it given to them because well they deserve it! Everyone has a right to their opinion on the subject. I refuse to believe that cops are out there with the intent on killing black men.

• Over the past 35 years in America, an estimated 324,000 blacks have been killed at the hands of fellow blacks, proving “racist” white cops are the least of their worries.

I don't disagree with most of what you are saying. There are definitely scumbags out there. The real problem lies in all of America, not just the crime infested areas, IMO. How do you clean up an area? With force? With education? With buckets and cleaning supplies? Hitler cleaned up entire villages of scumbags, is that what you are proposing? Who are the scumbags? Does it include all or just the few you label as such?

I have 3 young adults that call me grandpa. I don't have any children. These three started calling me that when they were young, about 5 yrs old was the oldest. I was dating their grandmother at the time. I'd like to think I've walked in their shoes, and to a degree, I have. I haven't walked in their skin though. Their dad got out of prison and threatened to kill me several times. I was a cracker taking advantage of his mother, he thought. I haven't went out with her in over 10 years, but I still talk to those kids. This cracker is their grandpa as far as they know. They learned right from wrong. They chose education over selling rock on the corner. Their dad is cleaned up and working to help his family. I see Kenny Stills doing the same.

My brother likes using vinegar, I prefer bleach. Both will work in most cases, yet they each leave their distinct odor. You can do it however you'd like. Until one wants to put a pistol in my face, and I have looked down a few of them, I'll continue to approach them with respect and kindness. How will one of the scumbags learn to not be a scumbag, otherwise? If the idea is we shoot the scumbags, aren't they already doing that? Or is it the wrong scumbag who got shot? Maybe we can quit shooting any of them, or is that too dirty?

"I'll clean these streets with the blood of the scumbags!"

Not if I have my say... Nor Kenny Stills' or Brandon Marshall's apparently, either.

I don't disagree with most of what you are saying. There are definitely scumbags out there. The real problem lies in all of America, not just the crime infested areas, IMO. How do you clean up an area? With force? With education? With buckets and cleaning supplies? Hitler cleaned up entire villages of scumbags, is that what you are proposing? Who are the scumbags? Does it include all or just the few you label as such?

I have 3 young adults that call me grandpa. I don't have any children. These three started calling me that when they were young, about 5 yrs old was the oldest. I was dating their grandmother at the time. I'd like to think I've walked in their shoes, and to a degree, I have. I haven't walked in their skin though. Their dad got out of prison and threatened to kill me several times. I was a cracker taking advantage of his mother, he thought. I haven't went out with her in over 10 years, but I still talk to those kids. This cracker is their grandpa as far as they know. They learned right from wrong. They chose education over selling rock on the corner. Their dad is cleaned up and working to help his family. I see Kenny Stills doing the same.

My brother likes using vinegar, I prefer bleach. Both will work in most cases, yet they each leave their distinct odor. You can do it however you'd like. Until one wants to put a pistol in my face, and I have looked down a few of them, I'll continue to approach them with respect and kindness. How will one of the scumbags learn to not be a scumbag, otherwise? If the idea is we shoot the scumbags, aren't they already doing that? Or is it the wrong scumbag who got shot? Maybe we can quit shooting any of them, or is that too dirty?

"I'll clean these streets with the blood of the scumbags!"

Not if I have my say... Nor Kenny Stills' or Brandon Marshall's apparently, either.

It all starts with oneself, don't want problems with the police? Don't do anything illegal. I don't do anything illegal so the only times I see a police officer is when I visit family or a friend comes for a visit.
Life is about choices, I was dirt poor when I first lived out on my own. I remember one time not having anything to eat so I made or tried to make some biscuits with just water and flour because thats all I had. Tasted like crap but I still ate them. I could have gone out and robbed a store for money or shoplifted some food at the grocery store or even robbed someone on the street but I had a choice and I chose to stick it out and do things the right way. Too many people today do things the wrong way and make bad decisions and then blame it on someone else or society as a whole.
No need to clean up the streets with thugs blood or let them knock each other off, if people would just do the right thing there would be no need for the Police. I could never be a policeman, too many stupid people out there they have to deal with everyday. They deal with the worst society has to offer on a daily basis and at least the ones I know never complain about it they just do their job. From the idiots that do not stop for school buses loading or unloading to the idiots that text and drive to the drunk drivers and all the idiots you see not stopping at stop signs, speeders, hit and runs etc and thats the minor things they deal with day in and day out, things idiots do on a regular basis.. I agree it is a problem in all of America but its not a Police problem. The problem is we have too many lawbreakers. Stupid people doing stupid things. I saw on the news yeaterday a 13 yr old boy pointed a realistic looking pistol that was a bb gun and he was shot and killed. Why is a 13 yr old boy running the streets with a realistic looking pistol in his waistband and why would you point that at a police officer? I don't have all the answers all I know is people seem to be getting dumber and dumber everyday. What a world we live in.

It's just a boy being a boy. Writing someone off because of what they do/say from 15-25 will leave you with nobody to respect. Eff'em all.

Why is a 13 yr old boy running the streets with a realistic looking pistol in his waistband and why would you point that at a police officer?

Let's not forget why the cops were in that area to begin with. The 13 year old and some friends attempted armed robbery.

The problem in inner cities and poor rural areas is that the leadership for the youth that's available is the wrong kind of leadership. Gang leaders are often the only role models kids have these days. It isn't just a black people problem. Whites, Hispanics, Asians etc are all in the same boat.

These kneeling protests are worthless without action. The folks seeing and commenting on the "issue" are ones who are fortunate enough not to be in a bad spot. Until community leaders quit blaming the problems on everything but themselves, nothing will change for those most vulnerable to the stuff these NFL types are protesting.

I'll leave this one thought. A friend of mine, Carl Pendleton, walked away from certain NFL riches so that he could finish raising his kid brother. Carl left football to focus on the completion of his Master's degree and to spend his time mentoring his at risk brother to put him in a place with better opportunities. Carl is now a Norman Police Officer and is a very valuable community leader. His brother is doing well too.

I'll leave this one thought. A friend of mine, Carl Pendleton, walked away from certain NFL riches so that he could finish raising his kid brother. Carl left football to focus on the completion of his Master's degree and to spend his time mentoring his at risk brother to put him in a place with better opportunities. Carl is now a Norman Police Officer and is a very valuable community leader. His brother is doing well too.

I was wondering about Carl a few weeks ago. Thanks for the update.......

Doesn't bother me really. Just hope they are doing some good in their communities. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

Scumbags come in all skin colors. But I hope these protesters and Black Lives Matter folks understand that not all problems in black communities rest on the shoulders of the cops and white people.

So you think this is the choice. You're good with this being their only option. Well I don't. I think they could do and can do better than what I'm witnessing. They can meet w/ Chief of Police, start a mentoring program, and many other things while not disrespecting our nation of the good people in the world. Their actions in your eyes are legit. Not so in mine. As sports figures and role models with mega money they indeed should be giving back to their communities. There's no excuse for them to not do so. There is also no excuse permitted to take a stand against what is good of this nation. They are setting poor examples for our youth. Piss poor examples and yet they actually believe their actions are acceptable.

So you think this is the choice. You're good with this being their only option. Well I don't. I think they could do and can do better than what I'm witnessing. They can meet w/ Chief of Police, start a mentoring program, and many other things while not disrespecting our nation of the good people in the world. Their actions in your eyes are legit. Not so in mine. As sports figures and role models with mega money they indeed should be giving back to their communities. There's no excuse for them to not do so. There is also no excuse permitted to take a stand against what is good of this nation. They are setting poor examples for our youth. Piss poor examples and yet they actually believe their actions are acceptable.

Ah... So as long as they do something in a way that you see as fit, it's okay? But not okay if you feel disrespected? That is what freedom is?

The actions of RISE are legit. Care to prove me wrong? Go for it. You won't like the results.

I'd rather think the people who kill and beat others are setting the piss poor examples for our youth. Whether they be black, white, green, or purple. What do you do to help the community? And who are you to tell them how they should? I thought this was America, where we are free. Free to do what we want. Boycott good people if you want. Boycott bad people if you want. Praise Breaking Bad for generating chemistry majors. Complain about its message.

If taking a knee is not acceptable to you, what is? Is that flag or this country your God? Do you pledge an allegiance to one over the other? What if they contradict each other? Preach to me about freedom, sir, and what's not acceptable....

Beat/Kill people or take a knee is their only choice in this life... poor things.

Nope. Taking a knee is just the choice they made. As well as working with communities and organizations to piss you off. That's why people do stuff, right? I do it to myself all the time. Give the beggar 5 bucks, then realize I needed that for some smokes later. It gives me something to bitch at myself about...

Beat/Kill people or take a knee is their only choice in this life... poor things.

Yep, just once I'd like to read about one of these guys going back to the very same hood they escaped and dropping 250, 000 on a state of the art rec center.
Replete with metal detectors and armed, licensed guards to keep the thugs out.
They want to change the human condition?
Write a big fat check, that will help way more than taking a knee for Christs sake.

Last edited:
Yep, just once I'd like to read about one of these guys going back to the very same hood they escaped and dropping 250, 000 on a state of the art rec center.
Write a big fat check, that will help way more than taking a knee for Christs sake.

It happens. But it's rarely in the media.

Negative and bad behavior still get more attention. As a whole, the human species is still pretty unevolved.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Yep, just once I'd like to read about one of these guys going back the very same hood they escaped and dropping 250, 000 on a state of the art rec center.

Ah, but they do... But who are the thugs and scumbags? Oh, those armed guards. They're all good? Is that why they sold me crack in Dallas County Jail? How do you get all that in a smoke-free secure facility?

Under Ross, the Dolphins do lots for the community...

Ndamukong Suh gave $2.6 million to the University of Nebraska, $600,000.00 for Engineering scholarships. He also runs several charities helping disadvantaged youth.

Dolphins player Micheal Thomas... He kneeled... Two days later, he was with 9 deputy sheriff's at an Elementary School, like he was the year before. Oh, he's given undisclosed amounts every year of his career. You don't hear about the countless community awards that pile up around him. And that isn't important. Making a difference in those kids lives is.

Vincent Jackson, Tarrell Brown, Roman Harper, Israel Idonije, Warrick Dunn, Jamal Crawford, Ray Allen, Graydon Edwards, Edgerrin James, Leonard Pope, Kevin Smith, Conner Barwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, Steve Smith, Richard Sherman, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson, C. J. Spiller, and many many more...

Do you know what they do? Or do you just know some kneel? Oh, some don't, but they still agree with the cause. I think what some see as a slap in the face, don't even know what being slapped is...

Do you know what they do? No. There's no need. None of them know what charities I helped with in the past 6 months either.

Or do you just know some kneel? Only because they by design wanted me to know by disgracing what is good about our nation.

Oh, some don't, but they still agree with the cause. Good for them. They are the smart ones. They get it. I don't take issue w/ their cause although I do think it rings very, very, hollow. But those that agree with their cause and still shows respect for the good of our nation is to be commended.

I think what some see as a slap in the face, don't even know what being slapped is.
I think those that are slapping faces have no clue as to the real, sincere damage they are doing. And the deep heartfelt pain they are inflicting. I think if they truly knew, truly understood, some wouldn't do it. Most are so shallow and are nothing but little ducklings just waddling behind the other following the perceived leader. So eff all of them and hopefully the strong ones I mentioned above help them. Teach them. Educate them. Despite what you post, there are ways to do things w/o inflicting damage to all around them. Without beating, killing & disrespecting.

Last edited:
So you admit that you don't know what they do, there's no need. Then you claim that they do something by design, you know this how? Then one is a smart one, because? Are you a mind reader? You don't know and don't need to, but you know without a doubt they do this other action on purpose to ruffle your feathers?

Which is more important to you.... Your rights, or your feelings? Or is it control? That's what I'm seeing. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to cry. You have the right do whatever you want, so as long as you don't violate the rights of another. Except....

YOU STAND WHEN I SAY STAND, BOY!!!

O! say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Ever wonder why they never sing it all? Why only 1 of 4 verses? Feel disrespected?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner, O! long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust.'
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

I have so many mixed feelings about this especially as a veteran. Disgust with our athletes showing such disrespect to our flag and anthem. Especially on a day of such importance. But what does that day mean anymore to any of us??? If you remember when that happened we came together as a country. We smiled and waved to perfect strangers that we came in contact with, we held the doors open for each other, we pulled over on the side of the road and helped when before and now we might just drive on by...racial tensions seemed to go away at least for a while. We were "one" for a short time..... All of our hate and ill feelings we unleashed on the enemy. But it all faded away and now we forgot all about 911 and our feelings toward our countrymen faded also...So whats the big deal anymore? 911 means so little to us now. I didnt serve (and those before me) to insure that only people could do what I thought was right and wrong... Freedom can be painful at times. We cant have this both ways. So I thank Kenny for taking the time to answer his fans and Sooner Nation and explain his reasons for this protest.

The day he kneeled I sent Kenny a very hateful twitter message told him "Sooner Nation was ashamed of him" and even now I still dont think its right...but it "is" his right.

Its a sad shame when countries such as North Korea have more support for their leaders and each fellow countrymen than the greatest country in the world.

We are the problem here. If we cant find a leader that can unite us our days are numbered. If we dont self destruct then we will be ripe for being conquered.

Now with my rant done.... I thing Im going to go dig a hole. Does anyone know if its safe to tunnel under a in ground swimming pool?

It's just a boy being a boy. Writing someone off because of what they do/say from 15-25 will leave you with nobody to respect. Eff'em all.

He isn't a boy. He is a grown man. No one is writing him off. It is people like you who simply enable these folks to do whatever they want.

The first thing that needs to happen is an education of the folks who do this kind of thing. We have been over this a dozen times on this board. The facts are that cop killings of blacks is a tiny fraction of blacks killing blacks. Plus, the vast majority of cops killing blacks are absolutely justified killings. I will explain that for you. It is blacks that confront cops and put the cops life in danger that are the justified killings. Surely, even you can't think that cops should take extra risks on their own life when confronted with an armed and dangerous man or are attacked by a drugged up thug.

The solution to this problem lies within the black community. All these kids growing up on the streets in drug infested neighborhoods with no father around and no one who cares about them. It has to start there. Most of us grow up poor with not a lot of money. But, the majority of us grow up and find a way to get an education and life skills.

The rest of us can't solve these issues for you. At some point blacks have to take ownership of their own failures in creating a positive family environment with both parents there loving their children and finding ways to motivate them to be successful.

I know I will just get your vitriol back in response. However, I don't think the majority of black people in this country believe that cops are the enemy. The people I know are glad to have the protection and security our law enforcement officers provide all of us.

I have so many mixed feelings about this especially as a veteran. Disgust with our athletes showing such disrespect to our flag and anthem. Especially on a day of such importance. But what does that day mean anymore to any of us??? If you remember when that happened we came together as a country. We smiled and waved to perfect strangers that we came in contact with, we held the doors open for each other, we pulled over on the side of the road and helped when before and now we might just drive on by...racial tensions seemed to go away at least for a while. We were "one" for a short time..... All of our hate and ill feelings we unleashed on the enemy. But it all faded away and now we forgot all about 911 and our feelings toward our countrymen faded also...So whats the big deal anymore? 911 means so little to us now. I didnt serve (and those before me) to insure that only people could do what I thought was right and wrong... Freedom can be painful at times. We cant have this both ways. So I thank Kenny for taking the time to answer his fans and Sooner Nation and explain his reasons for this protest.

The day he kneeled I sent Kenny a very hateful twitter message told him "Sooner Nation was ashamed of him" and even now I still dont think its right...but it "is" his right.

Its a sad shame when countries such as North Korea have more support for their leaders and each fellow countrymen than the greatest country in the world.

We are the problem here. If we cant find a leader that can unite us our days are numbered. If we dont self destruct then we will be ripe for being conquered.

Now with my rant done.... I thing Im going to go dig a hole. Does anyone know if its safe to tunnel under a in ground swimming pool?

First, thank you for your service. Second, stand tall. You are part of the answer. It's not just a leader who fixes this. It's all of us. Of the people, by the people, for the people...

We don't all agree, we don't all feel the same. We have problems. We can fix them. Hitler united the German people. He also exterminated the ones he didn't want. Our differences and our diversity is what makes our country great. A lot think it takes a certain group to take action and fix things for another group.

How do I teach you something I've never learned? How can you teach me something you know nothing about? We learn from one another... If one takes time to listen, they might understand so they can help find a solution. The thought that all of these athletes have done this as a slight, or contempt, or to disrespect someone is rather ludicrous to me. Most of those offended are in such an uproar that they can't tell you what the issue is even about.

Calm down. Find out the issues. Find a way to resolve them...

Reactions: ESPiam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT