ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon

This was discussed on the radio this morning.
This is a disservice to the NFL teams.
Joe is going to be drafted by someone at some point.
By keeping Joe away from the combine, no one gets to interview him and ask - What happened in your incident? What were you thinking at the time? What do you think about it now? Can you convince me you are truly sorry? Convince me that I won't have to worry about this after I draft you.
Instead, they will get ask D. Watson, what color Crayon describes how you feel when you take a cold shower east of the Mississippi river before 8AM? Hot shower west of the Rockies after sundown?

What I don't understand is Michael Vick gets allowed to play in the league again after serving time for murdering dogs, and Tyreek Hill gets allowed to play after nearly killing his pregnant gf? The hypocrisy amongst the NFL is astounding...I think it's time for Commissioner Goodell to retire.

He broke a jaw of a female. He'll pay it for at the draft. Meaning, GMs are clamoring for his services but also want him on the cheap. I think he'll go late 2nd round as someone will leak it during the 1st Rd, thus prompting a trade up etc. It'll be fun to watch.

Goodell should have been gone years ago. Someone will draft him. I truly hope that we NEVER hear anything but positive off the field and on the field. It appears a lot of teams want to see him compete in the combine.

Last edited:
Reactions: JConXtsy
He broke a jaw of a female. He'll pay it for at the draft. Meaning, GMs are clamoring for his services but also want him on the cheap. I think he'll go late 2nd round as someone will leak it during the 1st Rd, thus prompting a trade up etc. It'll be fun to watch.
Why Not...I don't understand your 'someone will leak it' comment. If there is ANYONE out there who hasn't heard, and seen 'The Mixon Incident' they are NOT of this world...They are living in a cave, with no electricity. It was Never a well-kept secret, and nothing has changed since that night that it happened...

Moving right along, we are NOW dealing with 'The Baker Mayfield Incident', and THAT is not going away, either...

Why Not...I don't understand your 'someone will leak it' comment. If there is ANYONE out there who hasn't heard, and seen 'The Mixon Incident' they are NOT of this world...They are living in a cave, with no electricity. It was Never a well-kept secret, and nothing has changed since that night that it happened...

Moving right along, we are NOW dealing with 'The Baker Mayfield Incident', and THAT is not going away, either...

Yes, I can see that I did not word my commentary properly. So let me attempt to explain a bit better. When I say 'leak' I mean some team will eventually leak (via trade talks) that they have an interest in Mixon. The first night of the draft is only for the first round. That night, teams talk to one another etc. I think some team will get antsy and either move up to select him or some team will take him in the second round based on scuttle butt. I don't see Mixon going in the late 3rd or early 4th rounds.

Yes, I can see that I did not word my commentary properly. So let me attempt to explain a bit better. When I say 'leak' I mean some team will eventually leak (via trade talks) that they have an interest in Mixon. The first night of the draft is only for the first round. That night, teams talk to one another etc. I think some team will get antsy and either move up to select him or some team will take him in the second round based on scuttle butt. I don't see Mixon going in the late 3rd or early 4th rounds.
Gotcha, WN...THANKS for the Clarification, and YES, it's Spot On, Makes Sense, and Works 4 Me! (FYI...Ladies in my 'Pee-er Group' aren't fond of the word LEAK!) :p

Do you believe that teams consider him better than the 5th RB?
If not, top 2 rounds will be difficult. Not too many teams waste high picks on RBs these days.

I think Mixon is an nfl starter, but it seems to be a strong draft for RBs this year. I don't think teams will be panicking to get RBs out of the gate.

One year does not really represent a pattern but 5 RBs were selected by the 4th rd. last year. I do think that Mixon is a much better RB than the 3rd, 4th, & 5th RBs picked from last year. I think there will be a run on RBs this year. Mixon goes late 2nd or early 3rd IMO. But hell man, who knows really. Just fun speculating.

winds up with the Patriots...great RB in 2nd or 3rd round is cheap enough for Belichick to pick him up....thats my guess...he would make Brady a great check down route

That'd be a great situation for Mixon, catching passes out of the backfield from Brady? FUHGETABOUTIT!

Reactions: iasooner1
Only time I'm ever smacking a woman... is if she gives birth to me a really ugly baby. Other than that, I see no reason for hitting a female.

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few'...or to only one, perhaps, in Lorena Bobbitt's case...She stepped up and did what Many, maybe even MOST, would have liked to have done, at one time, or another...Sorta, Kinda, brought the Fear Factor into the spotlight...

One year does not really represent a pattern but 5 RBs were selected by the 4th rd. last year. I do think that Mixon is a much better RB than the 3rd, 4th, & 5th RBs picked from last year. I think there will be a run on RBs this year. Mixon goes late 2nd or early 3rd IMO. But hell man, who knows really. Just fun speculating.

Actually, Zeke Elliot could be the cause of an early run on RBs this year. Teams trying to catch the same lightening in a bottle the Kaboys did.

Ironically, the worst kinds of women aren't the ones who physically assault you...the worst kinds are the ones who lie, cheat, and manipulate people to get whatever they want, such as financial compensation for a phony rape allegation.
Yep plenty of those out there.

Reactions: JConXtsy
What I don't understand is Michael Vick gets allowed to play in the league again after serving time for murdering dogs, and Tyreek Hill gets allowed to play after nearly killing his pregnant gf? The hypocrisy amongst the NFL is astounding...I think it's time for Commissioner Goodell to retire.
Mixon will get drafted by the second round.
The NFL seemingly tolerates anything and everything, from Ray Lewis to Ray Rice to Michael Vick.....why would it think less of a player who stalks a woman into a restaurant to continue harassing her and her gay friend ?
Mixon will be just fine.

The NFL seemingly tolerates anything and everything, from Ray Lewis to Ray Rice to Michael Vick.....why would it think less of a player who stalks a woman into a restaurant to continue harassing her and her gay friend ?
Mixon will be just fine.

I'm sure they'd take Aaron Hernandez back if he wasn't locked up.

Do you believe that teams consider him better than the 5th RB?
If not, top 2 rounds will be difficult. Not too many teams waste high picks on RBs these days.

I think Mixon is an nfl starter, but it seems to be a strong draft for RBs this year. I don't think teams will be panicking to get RBs out of the gate.

I think he's the best back in the draft. Hands down. Fournette may be a better pure runner, but I don't think anybody can do as many things as well, as Mixon. I'll bet there are quite a few folks in team front offices that share that opinion... they just aren't going to "share" that opinion.

Mixon will be just fine.

It aint just the NFL. Your University seemingly does the same. Just saying.

Reactions: soonerfastnloud
Yours. You knock and smack the NFL around for doing the same that OU did. It's my University as well. But I stated in a way so you could clearly see it. Clearly own it.
The NFL's misdeeds are more frequent and far worse in case you haven't read the headlines over the past decade. But that's no defense at all as to what has happened at OU.
Relax, WNAS.

Reactions: soonerfastnloud
I'm perfectly relaxed. I've been over Mixon for awhile. While others continue to let it grind at them.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT