ADVERTISEMENT

I've been thankful after a bad win before

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
But I've never been embarrassed after a bad win. Please don't tell me there's no such thing as a bad win. I saw it for myself last night. This OU defense is not capable of winning a game for us, so it's all up to our offense. That is an extremely bad position for a head coach to be in. But Bob Stoops deserves whatever he gets for keeping his inept brother as the DC. Oklahoma fans deserve more loyalty to the "Program" than for any head coach to allow a family member to remain on staff after a defensive display like last night. This will not stand, man!

Last edited:
He should be relieved of DC responsibilities now, but it won't happen. Bob Stoops will probably go down before letting brother Mike go.

But I've never been embarrassed after a bad win. Please don't tell me there's no such thing as a bad win. I saw it for myself last night. This OU defense is not capable of winning a game for us, so it's all up to our offense. That is an extremely bad position for a head coach to be in. But Bob Stoops deserves whatever he gets for keeping his inept brother as the DC. Oklahoma fans deserve more loyalty to the "Program" than for any head coach to allow a family member to remain on staff after a defensive display like last night. This will not stand, man!

Bama, I love you man! Your post echoes everything that has been rolling around in my head since the Ohio State game. I am in complete agreement with every word of your post. Well said sir.

Why does it seem when this program under Stoops historically starts to show signs of life....as it did in 2010 and 2011 after beating Florida State and Texas early in the season, after upsetting Alabama in the 2014 Sugar Bowl (giving all of us hope that with Knight at QB the Sooners would be elite), after beating Tennessee on the road last season with a miracle rally in the closing minutes.....it falls back into a funk. We lose too often in games we're favored to win and cannot beat teams of equal or better talent as often as is necessary.
That this team is 5-2 and likely to be 7-2 going into the Baylor game means nothing to me given the way the team has played so far on defense and the fact that the Big 12 is so mediocre.
Defense is the great equalizer, as Penn State showed yesterday......OU has no equalizer.

OU has a lot of records to be proud of. Now we go down as having the worst pass defense in a single game, in the History of the NCAA

OU please announce a press conference today and Fire Mike Stoops. At this point give Bob the Les Miles Option, Fire Mike or walk.

I think Bob should, at the very least, take control of the defense and allow Mike to begin talking with other schools back home in Youngstown where he still may be revered. Then Bob should work with the defensive staff to teach the players the basic fundamentals and take his chances with Kansas. Stop the bleeding.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Bob Stoops was a DC before he came to OU. why is he not making changes and coaching to improve things?

Since 2001 and beginning with Oklahoma State, OU has endured the "how could this possibly happen?" loss every year except 2008. Skip Bayless calls it "lay an egg".

My biggest shock was Texas 2013. I never saw us laying an egg against hated Texas. Blake Bell played as if he'd never played qb in his life. Blake Bell starred in the 2012 Texas game running the belldozer.

Houston and Ohio State did not qualify for 2016, although the Houston loss is becoming more dubious. Let's hope we avoid the egg layer this year. Iowa State and Kansas are on the horizon and maybe another Boise State in a bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT