ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Insider intel on Jeremiah Fears (Update with a note on a transfer visitor)

Brody Lusk

Sooner commitment
Staff
Oct 25, 2023
Bentonville, AR
Alright, I know you have questions, so I’ll address them all here:

Jeremiah Fears has been committed to Oklahoma for over a week. Why Oklahoma? It wasn’t about NIL; it was the opportunity. Fears could’ve chosen any program, but he picked Oklahoma because he has the chance to earn a starting spot from day one. From an NIL perspective, Porter Moser is now confident in what Oklahoma offers.

Here’s my projected starting five after adding Fears. While it’s not set in stone, Kobe Elvis is the only newcomer locked into a starting spot. I’m confident I’ll get at least four out of five right:

PG: Jeremiah Fears
SG: Kobe Elvis
SF: Jadon Jones
PF: Jalon Moore
C: Sam Godwin

I expect Jeremiah Fears to start and play 22-30 minutes per game. I would be very surprised if he doesn’t start on November 4th. Is that ambitious? No. Coaches from top programs consider him the best guard in the country, and NBA scouts are excited about his potential. Fears is adept at controlling the game’s pace and staying composed, which will benefit Oklahoma greatly. He’s likely to score significantly and has a solid shot at being a first-round draft pick next year, with multiple NBA teams already showing interest. Fears will be on campus in August.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.