ADVERTISEMENT

I see OU is not the only one having recruits flip to Texass

giphy.gif

Reactions: JConXtsy
They need all the help they can get to put out that dumpster fire of a program.
Seriously, do any of you really think Texas will never be elite again ?
And let's not overlook the fact that this "dumpster fire of a program" beat OU twice in the past 4 years and almost upset OU in the other two games....losing 31-26 in 2014 and 45-40 last year.

Reactions: iasooner1
And let's not overlook the fact that this "dumpster fire of a program" beat OU twice in the past 4 years and almost upset OU in the other two games....losing 31-26 in 2014 and 45-40 last year.

How are you supposed to agitate a fan base like that?

Don't smoke and relocate the bee hive.... smack it with a baseball bat and double-fist the wasp spray.

I would prefer OU beating Texas at least 8 out of 10 times than agitating their fan base.
Let me see if I can get some juices flowing. This is simply my opinion.

If we are serious about contending for #8, we need to get rid of Stoops as HC. In no way does he have the stuff to win another natty. Moving him up would be a solid move for the university.

If we just want to be a competitive conference team, bowl bound, 8-10 win seasons with 50-60% success in the RRS, then Bob is the man.

I would prefer an offense minded HC even one with no HC experience. For me, that man would be Riley.

Boomer Sooner

Let me see if I can get some juices flowing. This is simply my opinion.

If we are serious about contending for #8, we need to get rid of Stoops as HC. In no way does he have the stuff to win another natty. Moving him up would be a solid move for the university.

If we just want to be a competitive conference team, bowl bound, 8-10 win seasons with 50-60% success in the RRS, then Bob is the man.

I would prefer an offense minded HC even one with no HC experience. For me, that man would be Riley.

Boomer Sooner
Oh boy, fortworth......now you've done it !......but it does appear that way with each passing year.
I will add that OU's presence in the Big 12 has seemingly painted the Sooners in a corner, and that Stoops has had a limit to his success because of this.

The Horns are a long ways from being elite again, and Herman isn't the Messiah they think he is. I personally would like to enjoy their misery a few more years as I expect that to be the case. Do you think they would show some kind of mercy if the roles were reversed? Hell No! They would be gloating in droves over here. The last thing I will ever do is feel sorry for those pompous, holier than thouh, Sooner wannabes.

The Horns are a long ways from being elite again, and Herman isn't the Messiah they think he is. I personally would like to enjoy their misery a few more years as I expect that to be the case. Do you think they would show some kind of mercy if the roles were reversed? Hell No! They would be gloating in droves over here. The last thing I will ever do is feel sorry for those pompous, holier than thouh, Sooner wannabes.
It may be a 2-3 years until Texas regains its old relevancy, but that won't keep Texas from remaining a formidable opponent for OU, as the past 4 seasons have shown.
"Sooner wannabes" ? If I were a Texas fan, coach or player, I would want my team to aim much higher.

It may be a 2-3 years until Texas regains its old relevancy, but that won't keep Texas from remaining a formidable opponent for OU, as the past 4 seasons have shown.
"Sooner wannabes" ? If I were a Texas fan, coach or player, I would want my team to aim much higher.
This I can agree with.

They lost to KU last year. Baby steps....:D

bgbs can still bring it but sometimes for some reason he & his teams don't. That's at least partially a result of 'parity'. It happens to saban too. Now dabo is the hunted & subUrban...
It will be interesting to see how Clemson does without Watson. That can certainly make a team go from really good to not so good. Stoops and his coordinators have a had a tremendous knack for recruiting record setting, winning qb's.

Tahj Boyd was tearing it up & got them to a couple of Orange Bowls (including a win over Meyer & tOSU ) in the 3 years he started there too. I'm kind of to the point that it'd surprise me more if they didn't get very good QB play from here on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT