ADVERTISEMENT

I love it.... great win last night.

H

You mean like the stupidity we have had to read on this board the last two years. Oh wait as long as we win it's good. Screw the guys that talk sh!t about the staff or players. It's good as long as we win. Right? I'm a sooner win or lose period don't like it add me to ignore. Thanks in advance......

Ya..you mean the posters that were chiming in for change because it was obvious something was wrong with the program?? And the FACT those posters were correct, because Bob completely overhauled his staff to put things in a different direction. Now maybe you think it's stupidity, but if that's the case, then I'm assuming you saying Bob was part of that stupidity for firing coaches and making the changes that many on here that had their eyes open, it was obvious needed to be done.

Because the flip side of your little thread here, is many fans and posters could take the approached of "screw the sunshine pumpers" and tell you pumpers to go find another board. You think that your opinion is the correct one, and you think your approach to being an OU fan is the correct one, and screw everyone else who looks at things objectively without crimson colored glasses. When in reality, it's like that old saying, "opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one". You may wanna think about that before rolling on here blowing your horn.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Ya..you mean the posters that were chiming in for change because it was obvious something was wrong with the program?? And the FACT those posters were correct, because Bob completely overhauled his staff to put things in a different direction. Now maybe you think it's stupidity, but if that's the case, then I'm assuming you saying Bob was part of that stupidity for firing coaches and making the changes that many on here that had their eyes open, it was obvious needed to be done.

Because the flip side of your little thread here, is many fans and posters could take the approached of "screw the sunshine pumpers" and tell you pumpers to go find another board. You think that your opinion is the correct one, and you think your approach to being an OU fan is the correct one, and screw everyone else who looks at things objectively without crimson colored glasses. When in reality, it's like that old saying, "opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one". You may wanna think about that before rolling on here blowing your horn.

But... we're the ones that need to learn something about football...

Just go ask a bunch of dumbsh!ts that were trainers and managers. Effing tards that never played even though they possessed the size or speed to do so... that tells me all I need to know. They were too stupid to play. And probably too stupid to post here...

It's OK Mike...
Every time someone comes with a valid point...OMG, they must be drunk!

Don't worry about it...I've dealt with it all my 14 years here.

You keep on keeping on and all those that may dis you, they can suck a cocksicle...:rolleyes:

I just stay drunk, so they can be right about something. :)

Funny thing is he couldn't even spell negative
200.gif

daily-show-spit-take.gif

XyDSgNM.gif

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
So, you want this to be, the HOMER board?

I do believe this is what is wanted and has been for a long time. In the biggst win since the Bama Sugar Bowl, we have a moderator that within minutes of a sweet OU program victory asserts himself as a divider instead of a uniter.

Mike, you're a big fan that loves his Sooners but you should be held accountable & I'm for one that is calling for you to step down. You're not worthy of the title of Moderator of this great Sooner board. The Baylor Bears have beat OU the past two years by a combined score of 89-26. As a result, 4 different Coaching changes were made, including Huepel. To tell me and others that WE as fans are negative is a joke on your behalf. It was OU that was negative and Stoops fixed this.

I do believe this is what is wanted and has been for a long time. In the biggst win since the Bama Sugar Bowl, we have a moderator that within minutes of a sweet OU program victory asserts himself as a divider instead of a uniter.

Mike, you're a big fan that loves his Sooners but you should be held accountable & I'm for one that is calling for you to step down. You're not worthy of the title of Moderator of this great Sooner board. The Baylor Bears have beat OU the past two years by a combined score of 89-26. As a result, 4 different Coaching changes were made, including Huepel. To tell me and others that WE as fans are negative is a joke on your behalf. It was OU that was negative and Stoops fixed this.

Until Mike bans someone simply because he doesn't like them, your opinion of his performance as a mod can't be taken seriously. Pot...kettle...black.

Until Mike bans someone simply because he doesn't like them, your opinion of his performance as a mod can't be taken seriously. Pot...kettle...black.

Evidently, Mike understands his post was out of line as he edited his comments & apologized. I'm not sure about the rest of the board, but I accept his apology and hope that we can all enjoy a great Sooner win. This is something that you have demonstrated in your most recent past (& return), that you can't seem to grasp & understand and most likely you never will.

Later.

How does the crow taste Billy? Lol Stoops can't win a big game anymore... Mike Stoops can't coach anymore.... Lmao
When did I say Bob can't win a big game anymore?? And yes, I was as hard as anyone on Mike after the debacles the last few seasons. It was awful. But is it more of Mike being great, or Bob forcing BJW to resign to get a real DB coach in here? Maybe a little of both.

But hey, no worries man I'm coming out ahead after being critical over numerous coaches the last few years that got canned. I'll take being on the wrong side of Mike and being right on all the others. Great tradeoff if you ask me!!

Or maybe it was what Bob said, and his young inexperienced guys in the secondary grew up a little with experience. They're all still underclassmen.

But then, you always seem to know more about it than Bob does.

But then, you always seem to know more about it than Bob does.
No actually that would be you. You're the one over the past few years calling OUs staff the best staff in the country...only to see most of them shown the door by Bob. And you still cling to that opinion, even to this day. So apparently you think you are more intelligent about Bob's staff than Bob himself....I mean...since in your mind he fired the best staff in the country.....

Mike made an emotional post after a great sooner victory. He changed the title and apparently apologized which was the right thing to do. We all make mistakes

Reactions: BillyRay
Edited.......because I shouldn't have posted such a negative post after a great win. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Boomer Sooner
No worries mike, last night was an emotional win since OU players and fans had put up with beatings from those arrogant punks the last 2 years. I think OU winning last night everyone let some emotions fly. It felt great to get that monkey off our backs since that game had been looming ever since before the season started.

No one here has a monopoly on Oklahoma football knowledge. No one. Not even you, Plaino.

No doubt about that. Never claimed that. But I am positive that those who like to post a bunch of negative stuff about Bob and his staff, know a whole lot less than the staff does, which is all I ever claimed.

We've had a bunch of posters beat up MStoops as incompetent in all kinds of ways here. And those people don't know squat. It is about players and who you have on any particular game day. Who makes plays and who doesn't. Last night, OUr guys made most of the plays. And that's why they earned a great win.

Last edited:
Evidently, Mike understands his post was out of line as he edited his comments & apologized. I'm not sure about the rest of the board, but I accept his apology and hope that we can all enjoy a great Sooner win. This is something that you have demonstrated in your most recent past (& return), that you can't seem to grasp & understand and most likely you never will.

Later.

I call them like I see them...but you already knew that.

ST, you see them a whole lot more clearly than the guys whose view of our coaches sways up and down depending on the results of the previous Saturday. And I know Mike does, too.

No doubt about that. Never claimed that. But I am positive that those who like to post a bunch of negative stuff about Bob and his staff, know a whole lot less than the staff does, which is all I ever claimed.

We've had a bunch of posters beat up MStoops as incompetent in all kinds of ways here. And those people don't know squat. It is about players and who you have on any particular game day. Who makes plays and who doesn't. Last night, OUr guys made most of the plays. And that's why they earned a great win.

Posters have taken up issues with Mike because it was deserved. Just like many posters, myself included, have openly (and happily) acknowledged what a great job Mike and the defense as a whole has done since the Texas game. This is the bottom line business and the bottoms line is the OU defense as well as other areas have suffered in recent years.

I will say this about Mike Stoops....all the criticism and punishment he has taken from fans and the media...in my opinion has been rightly earned on his part. Some of the defensive debacles we have seen on the field have been horrendous...simply horrendous!!! Not only horrendous, but outright embarrassing. Had Mike not coached some great defenses in the past at OU, then any other elite program would have shit canned him after the defenses of the last few seasons. His legacy of the early 2000's (and Bob being his brother), Mike got ALOT of rope and breathing room to let things slowly work out.
Last night was a great building block for Mike and the defense moving forward. I have a feeling some of the differences we've seen this year have to do with getting Mike off the field, and shuffling up the rest of the defensive coaches to get some fresh ideas and blood moving on that side of the ball.

Posters have taken up issues with Mike because it was deserved. Just like many posters, myself included, have openly (and happily) acknowledged what a great job Mike and the defense as a whole has done since the Texas game. This is the bottom line business and the bottoms line is the OU defense as well as other areas have suffered in recent years.

I've said this MANY times through the years...it's one thing to be critical. It's common for fans to be "emotional" soon after a tough loss... It's quite another to call for coaches heads and bash the staff consistently with blinders on. Those, like you (and there are many) that acknowledge their errors in judgement and/or give praise when it's warranted are aces in my book. Thankfully, we're the majority on the board these days.

And it was deserved because you say so?

Mike inherited a pretty good mess. Two freshmen linebackers. A totally short of talent secondary, with the best guy beat up. By the end of the OSU game last year, there was one competent healthy corner on the team. The offense couldn't move the ball on anybody. So they were exposed even more.

He is the same guy he was a year ago. Your complaints were about perception, not truth, and no, they're not the same thing.

Mike is likely not a great potential HC candidate. He had his shot. But he's a terrific DC. It's just like any coordinator, it doesn't matter how good the scheme is if he's short of bodies. The last two seasons, he's been more than a little short.

ST, you see them a whole lot more clearly than the guys whose view of our coaches sways up and down depending on the results of the previous Saturday. And I know Mike does, too.

Thanks Plaino. I am definitely not always right, but I always try to be fair. One's character comes through, even on a message board. You're one of the "keepers".

How does the crow taste Billy? Lol Stoops can't win a big game anymore... Mike Stoops can't coach anymore.... Lmao
Mr. Negative back again after an incredibly great and emotional Sooner victory taking unwarranted negative pot shots at other Sooner posters. Have you no shame?

You don't seem to enjoy life at all unless you are bullying? Is hatred your primary motivator in life?

Oh no! You're "in my head"!!;)

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: BillyRay

Mike inherited a pretty good mess. Two freshmen linebackers. A totally short of talent secondary, with the best guy beat up. By the end of the OSU game last year, there was one competent healthy corner on the team. The offense couldn't move the ball on anybody. So they were exposed even more.

He is the same guy he was a year ago. Your complaints were about perception, not truth, and no, they're not the same thing.

Mike is likely not a great potential HC candidate. He had his shot. But he's a terrific DC. It's just like any coordinator, it doesn't matter how good the scheme is if he's short of bodies. The last two seasons, he's been more than a little short.
Stop saying Mike had issues with bodies and injuries, when Mike's defense dialed in a great performance against a team that coincidently enough... had lost it's starting QB and Mike's defense had to face a freshman QB in only his 2nd start. So I'm guessing by your approach, we should all tap the brakes a bit on Mike's defense since he faced a Baylor team dealing with an injury depleted QB position...I mean that fits since that's the excuse you are making for Mike....right?? Why are you indirectly trying to bring down a great performance by Mike's defense???

Because that's not perception.....it's the truth.

Plaino your generalizations do not necessarily apply to me. The same guy you refer to is in the booth, not on the field, and no longer coaching directly over the secondary. Every team faces injuries and depth issues some deal better than others. I will never dissect X's and O's at the level you do but I do have the eye test. Maybe I should get a gig on the CFP committee? I am not worried about my perceptions or opinions, I am able to admit when I am wrong and happy to do so.... Just ask my wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT