ADVERTISEMENT

I have a confession to make. I'm pulling for Baylor.

That minor detail wasn't noticed by Timmy.

Billy joe bobby timothy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Capturerum.PNG

You guys just remember I told you this. The Clemson Dline will maul your Oline. It will be awful. It's the biggest mismatch in the game.

Your defense will not stop the offense of OU for 4 qtrs. It won't happen. Your only hope is a shoot out and your boys come out on top. OU has too many weapons and they're pretty much all healthy.

My son's old 4th grade little league team has a better offense than Florida

Not this year, but they will be next year when they turn 10. Florida in the last half of the season was horrible offensively after their quarterback got caught with the same problems as the Tiger three who got sent home today. Funny, but I don't remember the SEC title game being that close, though I agree that the SEC was very overrated this year.

I know this. Briles coached an amazing game today, or rather for the last month. That was a brilliant and well executed game plan. He's definitely built up his talent base. And their OLine schooled the ACC runner up.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Very likely, but so are your comments based on absolutely zero evidence. So I think what I said has as much validity as what you said...and therein lies the point which I am happy that you finally understand...your post is ignorant.

No your post is personal and it's slightly libel in that your dumbass would have to prove what you said to get a pass. So stick to football.
My facts are truthful.
-we are a top 20 unit on both sides of the ball
-we have played two current top 10 teams and beaten them. You have not.
-we have played somewhat to our competition.
-per rivals recruiting rankings, you guys are the 3rd or 4th best team we've played so beating us requires out coaching us bc you do not have more talent, period.
-we have 0 losses and you have 1 and a few close calls. We just have a few close calls. We needed the break after 10 straight games. So if any team has shown tendency for a lapse it's you.
-without Baker your team is maybe a top 25 team but it's doubtful. It will be interesting to see if we try and hit him every play

Me too. Never thought I would but in the bowls it's all about conference pride and respect. More bad officiating, Oakman gets a personal foul for continuing to play with his helmet off, wonder how it was removed? Well the replay shows an OL with a hand to the face and knocks his helmet off, unreal that this bad a call still happens this late in he season.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
"No your post is personal and it's slightly libel in that your dumbass would have to prove what you said to get a pass". TimmyBobby..

You're joking, right? It's a message board and I've seen tons of libelous posts over the years and this ain't one.

Zer0, if he sues you for libel I know a good lawyer. Send me a thousand dollars as a retainer..........;)

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
No your post is personal and it's slightly libel in that your dumbass would have to prove what you said to get a pass. So stick to football.
My facts are truthful.
-we have played two current top 10 teams and beaten them. You have not.
-we have played somewhat to our competition.
-per rivals recruiting rankings, you guys are the 3rd or 4th best team we've played so beating us requires out coaching us bc you do not have more talent, period.
-we have 0 losses and you have 1 and a few close calls. We just have a few close calls. We needed the break after 10 straight games. So if any team has shown tendency for a lapse it's you.
-without Baker your team is maybe a top 25 team but it's doubtful. It will be interesting to see if we try and hit him every play

My post was not a statement of fact there Mr. Intellect. It was a question which means I don't know the answer, but it does seem that I hit a nerve. Had I said that I've seen you at the park flashing children, then it would be libelous. In any event, if it keeps you from crying, I'll take it back and we can all be friends again.

You may be a top 20 unit on both sides of the ball, but the ACC competition you've faced has been less than stellar. Your marquee win against NC looks like crap after last night against a team with no QB, so I'm not sure what that's worth.

You have played 2 top 10 teams and beaten them and we haven't. Again, going back to last night, I doubt anyone with a brain stem would say NC was top 10. They may not even be top 20. You ND win may prove equally shaky depending on what they do. They haven't exactly set the world on fire lately.

We have played somewhat to our competition - What exactly does that mean? You've sucked when they sucked and did well when they performed well? How does that have anything at all to do with our impending game?

Per rivals recruiting rankings, you guys are the 3rd or 5th best team we've played so beating us requires out coaching us bc you do not have more talent, period. - So you are hinging your hopes on some stars put together by some nerd a few years ago in some cases as the basis for your confidence? That's courageous and also a bit idiotic (since we like to throw that word around). We've taken a 3 star squad and won an national championship with it using the coach we have. How many NC's have you won period in the last 30 years? Yeah, that's what I thought.

We have 0 losses and you have 1 and a few close calls We just have a few close calls. We needed the break after 10 straight games. So if any team has shown a tendency for a lapse it's you - Clemson has had more than a few close calls. It's pure luck that you are unbeaten at this point, but can't argue with the numbers. We lost to Texas in a freak game and those things happen. Obviously people smarter than you think we have a really good chance or Vegas wouldn't have the odds against you that it does.

"No your post is personal and it's slightly libel in that your dumbass would have to prove what you said to get a pass". TimmyBobby..

You're joking, right? It's a message board and I've seen tons of libelous posts over the years and this ain't one.

Zer0, if he sues you for libel I know a good lawyer. Send me a thousand dollars as a retainer..........;)

I'm not worried about it. I never stated a fact, I asked a question. Mr. Bobby seems to be one of these people that are easily offended. How are you going to come to a message board for another team and start talking crap then get butthurt when someone says something back? I'd love to see what he has to say if he got into a pissing match with Sholtz or whatever that guy's name is over on OB. LOL

I'm not worried about it. I never stated a fact, I asked a question. Mr. Bobby seems to be one of these people that are easily offended. How are you going to come to a message board for another team and start talking crap then get butthurt when someone says something back? I'd love to see what he has to say if he got into a pissing match with Sholtz or whatever that guy's name is over on OB. LOL

So does this mean I'm not going to get my 1000 dollar retainer? If you call me in the next ten minutes, I'll go down to 500 bucks. Free shipping and wait, I'll double my offer, I'll get your next lawsuit representation for free. Just call right now. This offer expires after the bowl game, so don't delay..........:D

So does this mean I'm not going to get my 1000 dollar retainer? If you call me in the next ten minutes, I'll go down to 500 bucks. Free shipping and wait, I'll double my offer, I'll get your next lawsuit representation for free. Just call right now. This offer expires after the bowl game, so don't delay..........:D

Well, I can't resist a sale, but having known a few "sea lawyers" in my day...I'm a bit unsure of your credentials. <grin>

Bo I don't give a shit really, just stick to football.

Fair enough. I answer my calls from buddy's with things like "blow job confessions, how may I help you?" so it's all good

Fair enough. I answer my calls from buddy's with things like "blow job confessions, how may I help you?" so it's all good

I'm known as one of the completely serious people here. Why would you answer calls like that?

I have a better question. Why would anybody have a user name with a double first name? Timmy Bobby? it reminds me of some guy that jumped off the Talhatechee bridge. Billy Joe McAlester..................

Last edited:
I have a better question. Why would anybody have a user name with a double first name? Timmy Bobby? it reminds me of some guy that jumped off the Talhatechee bridge. Billy Joe McAlester..................

Your mom gave me a few suggestions and I liked the one that reminded me of Talladega Nights. Old name was Philo Betto

This thread has me perplexed. I'm trying to think of situation that might exist in this dimension in which I might pull for Baylor.

But, they did just destroy the ACC's reputation. We don't need no stinking quarterback.

My facts are truthful.

Those aren't all facts. Most are stats. And stats are like whores...once you get them down, you can make them say or do anything you want.

For instance, take your top stat ; "we are a top 20 unit on both sides of the ball". It may also be factual, but it's more of a stat. And let me show you why.

Facts are basically indisputable. In that the meaning of the statement retains its validity in all, or even most all, situations. Water is wet. That's pretty much a factual statement, because in almost every conceivable setting, water will be wet.

Your reasoning of why Clemson will beat OU hinges, in part, on the statistic that Clemson is ranked in the top twenty on both sides of the ball. That's a very vague statement. Which statistic are you using for that statement, as there are several statistics on each side of the ball? And what is the statistical significance between that arbitrary value (twenty) and whatever place OU currently resides in that same statistical category? And what is the value for the teams that you have played to establish the place of each statistic?

Here are some randomly arbitrary statistics for "each side of the ball" for each team. If you are using a different set of statistics, please let me know so we can discuss apples to apples.

...........................................Clemson........................OU
Rush offense:........................22/222 ypg...............15/235 ypg
Pass Offense:........................24/288 ypg...............18/307 ypg
Total Offense:........................11/510 ypg...............06/542 ypg
Scoring Offense:....................16/38 ppg.................02/45 ppg

Just using your metric, we beat you in every conceivable offensive category. But does that still tell the whole story? Not really. Because while we're ranked seven spots ahead of you in rushing yards a game, which is pretty significant, we're only averaging three more rushing yards a game than you guys. Is that a number someone could hang their hat on and say "We're going to beat you because we run the ball better than you."? I think we'd all agree, probably not. The biggest advantage OU has in these numbers is in the Scoring offense. We're averaging seven more points per game than you guys. Is that statistically significant? Possibly. A lot of other things have to be taken into account. Such as these statistics:

Rush Defense:.......................24/128 ypg..............42/149 ypg
Pass Defense:.......................05/166 ypg..............32/201 ypg
Total Defense:.......................07/295 ypg..............30/350 ypg
Scoring Defense:...................18/20 ppg................22/20 ppg

You beat us in every conceivable defensive category. And in some categories, it's a pretty significant advantage for Clemson. OU is giving up over 55 yards a game more than Clemson. That, to me, sounds pretty significant. At least until we go back up and look at the only real statistic that counted above: scoring. Because games aren't won or lost on rushing yardage given up. They're won because one team scores more than the other. I think we can all agree on that concept.

And if we look at that metric, we both are giving up 20 ppg, but OU is scoring seven more points per game on average.

Not to "Jenni Carlson" you, but I'm going to leave that statement by itself. Because of all the other statistical categories, that one speaks the loudest.

Now, there are about 1,000 more things that go into those statistics. For instance, if Team A played three of the top five passing teams in the nation, you'd think their passing defense ranking would be very high. It stands to reason the better offensive teams you play, the worse you're going to look defensively. So let's look at the top tour (very arbitrary number on my part, I admit) offenses each team played. To keep this discussion consistent, I'll stick with the Scoring Offense category.

Clemson
North Carolina.............10/40 ppg
Appalachian State........23/36 ppg
Notre Dame..................31/34 ppg
North Carolina State.....39/33 ppg

OU
Baylor............................01/48 ppg
Texas Tech...................03/45 ppg
TCU...............................08/41 ppg
OSU...............................09/41 ppg

The top four offensive teams OU played this year are ranked head of even the top team Clemson faced. What could that tell someone? One possible finding we could take from that is that OU's defense has played tougher offensive opponents than Clemson has, and yet they still have given up the same amount of points per game.

Again, there are tons more variables that go into this discussion, and in all honesty, my dissertation on this would span over 100 pages on just those variables. But I think you get my gist: that your stated number one reason or Clemson beating OU was due to your belief in some sort of statistical dominance you guys have over us, and I've shown that to be false. And by false, I mean totally not true in any way, shape, or form, and actually to be in OU's favor.

Any other "football" discussions you'd like to have?

Those aren't all facts. Most are stats. And stats are like whores...once you get them down, you can make them say or do anything you want.

For instance, take your top stat ; "we are a top 20 unit on both sides of the ball". It may also be factual, but it's more of a stat. And let me show you why.

Facts are basically indisputable. In that the meaning of the statement retains its validity in all, or even most all, situations. Water is wet. That's pretty much a factual statement, because in almost every conceivable setting, water will be wet.

Your reasoning of why Clemson will beat OU hinges, in part, on the statistic that Clemson is ranked in the top twenty on both sides of the ball. That's a very vague statement. Which statistic are you using for that statement, as there are several statistics on each side of the ball? And what is the statistical significance between that arbitrary value (twenty) and whatever place OU currently resides in that same statistical category? And what is the value for the teams that you have played to establish the place of each statistic?

Here are some randomly arbitrary statistics for "each side of the ball" for each team. If you are using a different set of statistics, please let me know so we can discuss apples to apples.

Rush offense:........................22/222 ypg...............15/235 ypg
Pass Offense:........................24/288 ypg...............18/307 ypg
Total Offense:........................11/510 ypg...............06/542 ypg
Scoring Offense:....................16/38 ppg.................02/45 ppg

Just using your metric, we beat you in every conceivable offensive category. But does that still tell the whole story? Not really. Because while we're ranked seven spots ahead of you in rushing yards a game, which is pretty significant, we're only averaging three more rushing yards a game than you guys. Is that a number someone could hang their hat on and say "We're going to beat you because we run the ball better than you."? I think we'd all agree, probably not. The biggest advantage OU has in these numbers is in the Scoring offense. We're averaging seven more points per game than you guys. Is that statistically significant? Possibly. A lot of other things have to be taken into account. Such as these statistics:

Rush Defense:.......................24/128 ypg..............42/149 ypg
Pass Defense:.......................05/166 ypg..............32/201 ypg
Total Defense:.......................07/295 ypg..............30/350 ypg
Scoring Defense:...................18/20 ppg................22/20 ppg

You beat us in every conceivable defensive category. And in some categories, it's a pretty significant advantage for Clemson. OU is giving up over 55 yards a game more than Clemson. That, to me, sounds pretty significant. At least until we go back up and look at the only real statistic that counted above: scoring. Because games aren't won or lost on rushing yardage given up. They're won because one team scores more than the other. I think we can all agree on that concept.

And if we look at that metric, we both are giving up 20 ppg, but OU is scoring seven more points per game on average.

Not to "Jenni Carlson" you, but I'm going to leave that statement by itself. Because of all the other statistical categories, that one speaks the loudest.

Now, there are about 1,000 more things that go into those statistics. For instance, if Team A played three of the top five passing teams in the nation, you'd think their passing defense ranking would be very high. It stands to reason the better offensive teams you play, the worse you're going to look defensively. So let's look at the top tour (very arbitrary number on my part, I admit) offenses each team played. To keep this discussion consistent, I'll stick with the Scoring Offense category.

Clemson
North Carolina.............10/40 ppg
Appalachian State........23/36 ppg
Notre Dame..................31/34 ppg
North Carolina State.....39/33 ppg

OU
Baylor............................01/48 ppg
Texas Tech...................03/45 ppg
TCU...............................08/41 ppg
OSU...............................09/41 ppg

The top four offensive teams OU played this year are ranked head of even the top team Clemson faced. What could that tell someone? One possible finding we could take from that is that OU's defense has played tougher offensive opponents than Clemson has, and yet they still have given up the same amount of points per game.

Again, there are tons more variables that go into this discussion, and in all honesty, my dissertation on this would span over 100 pages on just those variables. But I think you get my gist: that your stated number one reason or Clemson beating OU was due to your belief in some sort of statistical dominance you guys have over us, and I've shown that to be false. And by false, I mean totally not true in any way, shape, or form, and actually to be in OU's favor.

Any other "football" discussions you'd like to have?

Ha!
Your first line there reminds me that old adage about French chicks:

'French girls are like turtles...it's hard to get them on their backs, but when you do they're there for a long time'.:D

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT