ADVERTISEMENT

I got a feeling deep down in my soul!!

frou

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Is that lyrics to a song???
I do have this feeling that OU football is gonna surprise us this fall. Not talking about National Championship surprise but very much improved surprise. Maybe 9 wins and if the wind blows just right and on any certain Saturday afternoon,,, maybe 10 wins.
I also think OU basketball may be more competitive than we figured after all the portal transfers. I KNOW OU women's bball is gonna be tourney bound and maybe even Sweet 16.

Ok anybody can throw out hopeful situations, and hope for the best, but I truly believe OU sports is due for an uptick. We've been stuck in 60% achievement mode long enough. Maybe I'm just wanting something good to happen, but hey I feel it!!! That's all..:)

Your analysis is spot on. Hope I don't get too excoited before we play Texas. However, if I allow my mind to wander this follows. We win the big 12, win our first natty playoff game, we humiliate TBOW and U..S..Cheaters. I know fake news but WHAT IF????? lol

I do not have any real expectations for this season with all the uncertainty at the OL, DL,WR and the secondary.
I find myself looking more at 2024 and beyond when more will be known about which way this program is headed.
If OU goes 8-4 and can win games against Texas (especially Texas), OSU and BYU, I will be very satisfied.
It's said that the 2023 schedule is OU's easiest schedule in years which should mean a decent W/L record, but OU must defeat Texas now more than ever.... and that goes above and beyond revenge.

I do not have any real expectations for this season with all the uncertainty at the OL, DL,WR and the secondary.
I find myself looking more at 2024 and beyond when more will be known about which way this program is headed.
If OU goes 8-4 and can win games against Texas (especially Texas), OSU and BYU, I will be very satisfied.
It's said that the 2023 schedule is OU's easiest schedule in years which should mean a decent W/L record, but OU must defeat Texas now more than ever.... and that goes above and beyond revenge.
And I'll stick with Gabriel and OUr defense breaking out. 😁

Is that lyrics to a song???
I do have this feeling that OU football is gonna surprise us this fall. Not talking about National Championship surprise but very much improved surprise. Maybe 9 wins and if the wind blows just right and on any certain Saturday afternoon,,, maybe 10 wins.
I also think OU basketball may be more competitive than we figured after all the portal transfers. I KNOW OU women's bball is gonna be tourney bound and maybe even Sweet 16.

Ok anybody can throw out hopeful situations, and hope for the best, but I truly believe OU sports is due for an uptick. We've been stuck in 60% achievement mode long enough. Maybe I'm just wanting something good to happen, but hey I feel it!!! That's all..:)
Your feeling likely is very justified. Season 2 is typically when a program makes its biggest jump. OU was 5 possessions last year from having an 11-2 record. Think about that for a second.

Now, OU has only 13 players left from the LR days. I expect a big jump defensively. And more consistent play offensively depending on how the OL comes together.

Tbh, I may be setting myself up for grave disappointment, but if OU isn’t at least 10 wins, I’m not sure it was a good season.

OU should improve and the Big 12 isn’t as strong as it was last year, with Tech likely being the anomaly.

Tech is my big 12 dark horse. Could seriously see OU and Tech in the Big12 championship.

I think it is OU, Texas, Tech, and TCU at the top this year.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT