ADVERTISEMENT

How is it that OU is ranked higher than ISU?

newnasty

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
They beat us. I guess I don't understand how this ranking works.

Not really.
Part of the Power Ranking thing, has to do with where you won. ISU had most tough games at home. They went to OSU on the road and got beat. They did have a good win at Texas.

Just remember they lost their non conference game at home to a team who used to be called Louisiana Lafayette. They ended up being a decent group of five team, but that doesn't help a power index ranking.

Last edited:
Part of the Power Ranking thing, has to do with where you won. ISU had most tough games at home. They lost to OSU on the road and got beat. They did have a good win at Texas.

Just remember they lost their non conference game at home to a team who used to be called Louisiana Lafayette. They ended up being a decent group of five team, but that doesn't help a power index ranking.
In your opinion, is LR on to this algorithm?

There are countless examples every year of teams ranked below teams they have beaten with a similar record

I find it odd an adult male would ask this question. But I’m probably making too much of an assumption there.

There are countless examples every year of teams ranked below teams they have beaten with a similar record

I find it odd an adult male would ask this question. But I’m probably making too much of an assumption there.

Probably.

Uh
In your opinion, is LR on to this algorithm?
I honestly don't believe he cares about rankings. If he were in contention for a top 4 spot he might be a little. But with two losses, all he seeks is to win 2 which would be a 6th straight conference title and a top bowl game, and opponent. I suspect he'd rather not play Coastal Carolina, or whoever the gang of 5 produces.

A Cotton Bowl appearance against Florida or Texas A&M would be a nice way to end the season. Hopefully, everybody shows up. You can't count on that.

And he'd like to sign a great class. Right now, all of that has a good chance to happen.

I don't think he cares much about the algorithm. (It's been 50 years since I looked at a calculus book. I'd forgotten how to spell that.)

And his only other concern other
than his day to day duties, is replacing a coach or two.

Last edited:
With the poll rankings, IMO you don't have to worry about them w/ 0 losses or 2+ losses. You tend to really pay attention to them when you've only lost 1 game. Then you're grouped w/ several other teams. That's when you have to pay attention to how you win as it becomes as important as if you win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT