ADVERTISEMENT

Horns down?

Herman is the flavor of the month so it seems, he really has not done anything to impress me, lost to a couple of cupcakes and beat a couple of so called big boys that were not all they seemed to be. I just have not been sold on Herman yet.

As long as either Texas....or Oklahoma....are in decline, the Big 12 will continue to fade.
The Big 12 needs BOTH teams to be relevant.
As for Herman, there is no reason to think he won't succeed at LSU given all the resources, including close proximity to the state of Texas, as well as the entire South. If I were an LSU fan I would be very upbeat now.

Reactions: Oklabama
I think the Texas people should and will keep pushing for Herman as long as he is the guy they want. It's never over until it's over. Now as I am posting there are conflicting reports regarding the Herman to LSU deal. Haha. Really you can't believe anything the media, coaches or schools put out until it's official. Remember the last LSU new hire's denial.....Les Miles. I'm not in any way an OSU fan, but the way Miles left the Cowboys at the gate was is a perfect example of lack of character. Didn't seem to bother the Tigers.

Reactions: iasooner1
The cat bird seat is currently occupied by Herman's agent.

It seems I also heard that Herman's agent is the same one that Fisher uses. Seems strange that Fisher asked for 6.5 M per year (this according to a ESPN radio show last night I heard on the way to work ) and it was said that is when LSU turned their attention to Herman instead. Have no clue if what they said is true but who knows maybe the agent was negotiating for both at the same time for the LSU job.

It seems I also heard that Herman's agent is the same one that Fisher uses. Seems strange that Fisher asked for 6.5 M per year (this according to a ESPN radio show last night I heard on the way to work ) and it was said that is when LSU turned their attention to Herman instead. Have no clue if what they said is true but who knows maybe the agent was negotiating for both at the same time for the LSU job.

$6.5M is a lot of money for Fisher, IMO. I don't think he is a Top 5 coach, but absolutely in the Top 10. If LSU thought he was, I believe they would meet his offer. If Texas thought so, I would almost guarantee they would pay that for him. IMO, LSU and Texas are in the same place OU would be if they had to replace Bob Stoops. Not too many coaches better than Bob and none that would consider leaving their current job. Texas will have to settle for something less than a proven, can't miss head coach without coming coco with the grape-o big time.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
$6.5M is a lot of money for Fisher, IMO. I don't think he is a Top 5 coach, but absolutely in the Top 10. If LSU thought he was, I believe they would meet his offer. If Texas thought so, I would almost guarantee they would pay that for him. IMO, LSU and Texas are in the same place OU would be if they had to replace Bob Stoops. Not too many coaches better than Bob and none that would consider leaving their current job. Texas will have to settle for something less than a proven, can't miss head coach without coming coco with the grape-o big time.

texASS is in a place of replacing a Schmelly burger or Blake, nowhere close to replacing a Bob Stoops, IMO...

LSU should give Orgeron the job and let him bring in his own OC...

Some of the tarnish is off Herman's star with UH losing to Memphis today.

Some of the tarnish is off Herman's star with UH losing to Memphis today.

As I predicted at the beginning of the season. "Houston is a glorified Tulsa". They have the same record. Tulsa lost to them by 3 inches on the last play.:cool:

I'd be extremely surprised if Charles survives as the horns coach. I just don't see any way they can justify keeping him one more years. But then, the way that Houston lost today may cause some of the horns' brass to tap the brakes on the Tom Hermann bandwagon.

I also think the only job offer Art Briles may get in the state of texas is that he might be asked to come back to Houston if Herman leaves for LSU or texass. Outside of that, I can't see anyone giving him a HC or Coordinator job.

texASS is in a place of replacing a Schmelly burger or Blake, nowhere close to replacing a Bob Stoops, IMO...

Dude, how did you get this out of my post. Haha. I never even considered Bob in the same class as those two losers. Maybe I am just not getting your point. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time the medicine doesn't work. ;)

Dude, how did you get this out of my post. Haha. I never even considered Bob in the same class as those two losers. Maybe I am just not getting your point. Hey, it wouldn't be the first time the medicine doesn't work. ;)

My point was that texASS will get a better coach than what they currently have, while OU would most likely be downgrading...

LSU already has a better coach than what they had in Miles, IMO...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT