ADVERTISEMENT

Guys, please pray for me. UPDATED 1-17

Its nice to have people to go to in times like this. I know most of us will eventually have to cross this bridge and the support of others is no doubt comforting and helpful. Wish you all the best
We're all just dust in the wind when you think about it. Song by Kansas.

Re-updated

Today was a big day. I fainted in the process of having the catheter removed, four days after going home. But I recovered. Probably won't try to work this week, but next Monday, will try to resume some light activity. The doctor won't let you go home til you pee. That was accomplished and he warned that if it didn't continue then a trip to the emergency room would be required. NP. Six and counting. Just hope I can sleep through night for the first time this year.

But overall, I'm encouraged I basically have been off my feet for two weeks, and I'm a little wobbly, so I have to get up and get around and eat good food and get my 71-year-old body being reasonable functional again.

I cannot express my thanks for the prayer and encouragement the last two weeks. Thanks, and thanks and thanks again.
I had a bad (terrible) catheter experience once. I was sent home with one in by my Urologist. When it was time to come out, my wife was my assistant. She pulled, and I screamed, then she pulled till I screamed. Third time, it finally popped out. I didn't faint, but I wished I would have.😃 Get some rest Plaino.

I've had three or four. The issue this time wasn't the actual removal. After it comes out, they won't let you go -home until you can urinate. I was a little light headed when I arrived after losing 7-10 pounds over the 13 days I was the catheter. But when I tried to pee, I was successful, then fell on the floor.

It's been weird since. I'm urinating once every couple of hours, but it almost feels like that. I'm leaning on the wall through the whole weak experience, but it's just different. Staying in bed for essentially two weeks, isn't a good thing. I thought I might try to go back to work next Monday, but I may have to take a little more time off. I see the urologist again Tuesday.

Being 71 sucks a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT