ADVERTISEMENT

Guys, please pray for me. UPDATED 1-17

I essentially had emergency surgery last night. My prostate started bleeding heavily filling up my bladder and then clotting, blocking the exits. The CT scan show 75 clots.

It was an interesting night. I'm sort of comfortable but l think a clot mat have just blocked my catheter.
Hello Plaino Sooner. You have my best thoughts in mind. You know I wish you the best. Hope you pull through nicely. You have always been a true sooner fan. Melissa.

I essentially had emergency surgery last night. My prostate started bleeding heavily filling up my bladder and then clotting, blocking the exits. The CT scan show 75 clots.

It was an interesting night. I'm sort of comfortable but l think a clot mat have just blocked my catheter.
All the best Plaino, hang in there, look forward yo hearing about your quick recovery.

Prayer up for you sir. Praying you get the care and relief you need.

Hang in there Plaino! We miss you over on the corner and are sending all our love and support!

Hope you get to feeling better, Plaino.

Reactions: Plainosooner

Coming from the Corner. Prayers up brother

Reactions: Plainosooner
I wrote a long update but my phone suddenly stopped letting me type. That are having a procedure done Monday, after blood thinners are out of my system. It's unusual and l really don't understand it, but a radiologist is going to do something to greatly reduce the blood flow into my prostate with the goal of stopping the bleeding.

I don't like the way this is moving, but l think the options are limited. I will let you know after l wake up Monday.

Make sure you get a clear understanding of the risks vs rewards before the procedure as you will probably have to sign a form with fine print before hand

Do due diligence or else believe you me !

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
I wrote a long update but my phone suddenly stopped letting me type. That are having a procedure done Monday, after blood thinners are out of my system. It's unusual and l really don't understand it, but a radiologist is going to do something to greatly reduce the blood flow into my prostate with the goal of stopping the bleeding.

I don't like the way this is moving, but l think the options are limited. I will let you know after l wake up Monday.

Godspeed Plaino. Hang in there man.

Hang in there Plaino. Prayers up

Reactions: iasooner2000

Praying

I get up early so I will be thinking of you first thing tomorrow. 🙏

I'm staying longer than expected. The target for leaving was today. Not happening. At first this morning, the doctor Thursday or Friday. When he left, seemed to be favoring Friday.

Really sore about an inch in where the catheter goes. The pain just ramped up triple. This is misery.

Anyone with eyes on Plaino, JCONNX or Seniorita Sooner speak up as soon as possible please & thanks
I just got back home. 100% blockage of the femoral artery in the back of my knee. Felt like my calf was going to explode if I even walked 25 yards on it.

Lucky
#1) that the clots didn't go to the brain
#2) Since I recently had a heart attack, they couldn't do surgical removal, so doctor was 90% certain we were amputating my leg.

They were able to catheter to the clog and disintegrate it with a super blood thinner like drain o. That put me at risk for brain bleeding, so I was in the ICU with 1:1 nurse care for a few days.

I've come out on the other side with everything fine except a totally black torso and legs that look like Fat Bastard's, so I'm slowly getting the swelling down and walking again.

And to Plaino's comment on the pain.... OOF! He ain't joking. I definitely had a 24 hour period where I was begging for the Dilaudid every 2 hours.

Hang in there, Plaino!

I just got back home. 100% blockage of the femoral artery in the back of my knee. Felt like my calf was going to explode if I even walked 25 yards on it.

Lucky
#2) Since I recently had a heart attack, they couldn't do surgical removal, so doctor was 90% certain we were amputating my leg.

They were able to catheter to the clog and disintegrate it with a super blood thinner like drain o. That put me at risk for brain bleeding, so I was in the ICU with 1:1 nurse care for a few days.

I've come out on the other side with everything fine except a totally black torso and legs that look like Fat Bastard's, so I'm slowly getting the swelling down and walking again.

And to Plaino's comment on the pain.... OOF! He ain't joking. I definitely had a 24 hour period where I was begging for the Dilaudid every 2 hours.

Hang in there, Plaino!
Thoughts yer way brother! 👍

I'm staying longer than expected. The target for leaving was today. Not happening. At first this morning, the doctor Thursday or Friday. When he left, seemed to be favoring Friday.

Really sore about an inch in where the catheter goes. The pain just ramped up triple. This is misery.
Stay positive brother! 👍

I'm back home after 9 days. Still have the catheter, but it was great to get out of the hospital. They think the procedure worked. No red in the urine and they let me go back on blood thinner. If that doesn't work, there are going to be tough decisions and a radical life expectancy going forward.

The catheter comes out Tuesday, so keep praying

I'm so thankful for the guys on this board.

Hang in there JCon. The Lord bless your healing.

I'm back home after 9 days. Still have the catheter, but it was great to get out of the hospital. They think the procedure worked. No red in the urine and they let me go back on blood thinner. If that doesn't work, there are going to be tough decisions and a radical life expectancy going forward.

The catheter comes out Tuesday, so keep praying

I'm so thankful for the guys on this board.

Hang in there JCon. The Lord bless your healing.
We ain't done with you brother. Now you heal up right quick. You hear me? 👍

Lucky

Hang in there, Plaino!
You hang in there also JCon. I'm looking forward to meeting again. Iasooner, 67, JConXtsy, you were all great company and I feel honored to have met you.

Re-updated

Today was a big day. I fainted in the process of having the catheter removed, four days after going home. But I recovered. Probably won't try to work this week, but next Monday, will try to resume some light activity. The doctor won't let you go home til you pee. That was accomplished and he warned that if it didn't continue then a trip to the emergency room would be required. NP. Six and counting. Just hope I can sleep through night for the first time this year.

But overall, I'm encouraged I basically have been off my feet for two weeks, and I'm a little wobbly, so I have to get up and get around and eat good food and get my 71-year-old body being reasonable functional again.

I cannot express my thanks for the prayer and encouragement the last two weeks. Thanks, and thanks and thanks again.

Re-updated

Today was a big day. I fainted in the process of having the catheter removed, four days after going home. But I recovered. Probably won't try to work this week, but next Monday, will try to resume some light activity. The doctor won't let you go home til you pee. That was accomplished and he warned that if it didn't continue then a trip to the emergency room would be required. NP. Six and counting. Just hope I can sleep through night for the first time this year.

But overall, I'm encouraged I basically have been off my feet for two weeks, and I'm a little wobbly, so I have to get up and get around and eat good food and get my 71-year-old body being reasonable functional again.

I cannot express my thanks for the prayer and encouragement the last two weeks. Thanks, and thanks and thanks again.
Strong mind will get you through this brother. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT