ADVERTISEMENT

Gundy

I was more of an anything but Mike Stoops than I was pro Grinch. But carry on.
Grinch said all the right things, just didn’t always deliver. Much better than Mike Stoops and showed improvement, but far from a consistent top 25 unit. Too much subbing and didn’t let his best players find their groove as a result. Wish we had one more year of Winfrey.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Nothing we can do. I hope that society regains some perspective soon regarding race relations.

I'm not holding my breath.

Everyone is different, but to me it isn't about race, it's about leadership and understanding the people you're leading. What he did in the mocking was his downfall. The race is thing is bait and only confirms the weakness of his decision..

I guess it doesn't matter but I'll preface this by saying that I am not able to confirm because I was not in the wr meeting but the name I was told who could have been associated was Anderson. Again I'm not saying he is the one, just passing along some info as told to me.
Its all any of can do at this point. We are all hearing different things from different sources.

I guess it doesn't matter but I'll preface this by saying that I am not able to confirm because I was not in the wr meeting but the name I was told who could have been associated was Anderson. Again I'm not saying he is the one, just passing along some info as told to me.
I have had this very personal feeling about this matter that is new to me. I don't want to enquire anymore. I will read the info coming from my fellow posters but I feel as if I am violating someone or something. There seems to be a major effort to keep a lid on this. I don't want to pry at the lid. I hope it is a true freshman. That allows room for some forgiveness.

I have had this very personal feeling about this matter that is new to me. I don't want to enquire anymore. I will read the info coming from my fellow posters but I feel as if I am violating someone or something. There seems to be a major effort to keep a lid on this. I don't want to pry at the lid. I hope it is a true freshman. That allows room for some forgivenes

Need some kind of praise?

Need some kind of praise?
Woody

You need to give it a rest. Take a few days off from posting on the board. Are you off your meds or something? You're incoherent and your messages are meaningless. Are you making an effort to be an obnoxious prick or does it just come natural? My response was to Belldozer and not addressed to you. I have tried to be patient to avoid a confrontation with you but you are relentless. I find your redneck uneducated manner very annoying. There is no avoiding you. Take a break. Go away for awhile.

Reactions: Oklabama
Woody

You need to give it a rest. Take a few days off from posting on the board. Are you off your meds or something? You're incoherent and your messages are meaningless. Are you making an effort to be an obnoxious prick or does it just come natural? My response was to Belldozer and not addressed to you. I have tried to be patient to avoid a confrontation with you but you are relentless. I find your redneck uneducated manner very annoying. There is no avoiding you. Take a break. Go away for awhile.
Yer lost somewhere my man.. Let it go. Let it go. 😁

Grinch said all the right things, just didn’t always deliver. Much better than Mike Stoops and showed improvement, but far from a consistent top 25 unit. Too much subbing and didn’t let his best players find their groove as a result. Wish we had one more year of Winfrey.
Listening to a Grinch word salad presser was annoying.

What a week for OU Football. The Gundy thing and all. Sad Cale had to go, but am really hopeful this is behind us and we can get back to getting ready for the season. Personally glad this is dying down somewhat. With a game in 3 weeks, we need to be all about football. Let's hope it doesn't linger.

Not even comparable. What are you thinking? Riley was fly by night while Cale put his heart and soul into this team. ?
Both events were potential problems at the time, but OU recovered well....and will recover well.
This is not comparing Gundy to Riley because there is no comparison.
What are YOU thinking?

Both events were potential problems at the time, but OU recovered well....and will recover well.
This is not comparing Gundy to Riley because there is no comparison.
What are YOU thinking?
I guess I just can't keep with the bullshit anymore. And those who comprehend it.

Last edited:
I guess I just can't keep with the bullshit anymore. And those who comprehend it.
That's what I do not understand. I have been reading this board for a long time and you folks don't typically turn on each other. I have seen some outsiders come through that you, as a group, absolutely scorched them. What I admired so much is that you all could agree or disagree with out everyone getting pissed.

That's what I do not understand. I have been reading this board for a long time and you folks don't typically turn on each other. I have seen some outsiders come through that you, as a group, absolutely scorched them. What I admired so much is that you all could agree or disagree with out everyone getting pissed.
Testy times today for alot of us with nil/political environment and all. I appreciate and value all the great sooner posters here, there are many. I'm no angel obviously, and nothing should be taken personal from my posts. 👍

Okay, now that everything has cooled down, let’s all predict where our good friend Cale Gundy ends up. I’m thinking within the B12 or B10.

I would be surprised if he finds an actual coaching job this late in the process. Wild guessing on my part....South Carolina or Tennessee.
Well, that is the safe bet. I’d prefer him joining Josh’s staff because I’m a closet Vols fan and my best friend is a BIG Orange. Plus my Bud needs a little relief. The Vols have (still going) through really though times. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 😂

Can’t blame him. He’s probably tired of the high pressure kiss ass game known as recruiting in the NIL era, where a handshake ain’t a handshake anymore.
There ain't ever been a negative mark on Cale. Throughout his coaching career. Ever. Probably had a conflict with nil cronies. Imo.

There ain't ever been a negative mark on Cale. Throughout his coaching career. Ever. Probably had a conflict with nil cronies
I’ve known the Gundy’s since they were in junior high and can tell you that Cale was a. great kid. He and Mike are very different but they love each other. That’s all that matters., Ray and Judy raised a great family. Cale will be okay.

I’ve known the Gundy’s since they were in junior high and can tell you that Cale was a. great kid. He and Mike are very different but they love each other. That’s all that matters., Ray and Judy raised a great family. Cale will be okay.
I never doubted this brother.

Whatever he does, I wish him well. I also don't see him ever leaving the state of Oklahoma for employment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT