ADVERTISEMENT

God bless Barbara Pierce Bush dead at 92

And why do you keep referring to Hillary? She is no longer relevant. While she won the popular vote by more than 3,000,000 votes we will never know how her presidency would have turned out. I could have predicted what a Trump presidency would turn out to be and unfortunately I would have been spot on. He is so out of his element its laughable.

Its called diversion. Talking about Hillary they are attempting to cover up all of the Trump BS like Americans won't notice.
They fail.

Only third world countries AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS go after the defeated candidate.
Like you said owenfielddreams Hillary is no longer relevant except to the Trumpies' diversion.

Its called diversion. Talking about Hillary they are attempting to cover up all of the Trump BS like Americans won't notice.
They fail.

Only third world countries AND TRUMP SUPPORTERS go after the defeated candidate.
Like you said owenfielddreams Hillary is no longer relevant except to the Trumpies' diversion.
This has already been addressed.

Reactions: iasooner1
"Out of his element/Not a career politician." If not being a career politician were at the top of his resume and whatever followed it were exemplary of a highly successful and esteemed career we wouldn't be having this discussion; unfortunately, Trump is like the guy in the old golf joke..."hit the ball and drag charlie." Only in this case "Charlie" is emblematic of a litany of misdeeds and unscrupulous behavior that puts a vail of stench over our presidency.

Reactions: Schoonerman
"Out of his element/Not a career politician." If not being a career politician were at the top of his resume and whatever followed it were exemplary of a highly successful and esteemed career we wouldn't be having this discussion; unfortunately, Trump is like the guy in the old golf joke..."hit the ball and drag charlie." Only in this case "Charlie" is emblematic of a litany of misdeeds and unscrupulous behavior that puts a vail of stench over our presidency.
"Vail of stench over our presidency", you say this as if it doesn't apply to any other president in the history of this country that have made DISASTROUS decisions that negatively affected the course of this nations history. Good lord dude. But I guess as long as they are polished politicians and their speeches make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, then go for it.

To this point, the only thing Trump has done that ticked me off is signing the recent monstrosity of a spending bill for 2018.

I must insert this...I am no liberal. I AM probably older than most herein. My first time eligible to vote I voted for Goldwater. In my view no president in my lifetime has been perfect. All have done things I did not agree with. Donald Trump is the absolutely worst president in my life time. AS an American I AM embarrassed by his presence in the White House. I will do everything in my power to vote him out of office as well as the pitiful excuse for a Republican Party noe in power. BETO FOR U.S. SENATE!

Reactions: Schoonerman
"DRAIN THE SWAMP"...more like expand the cesspool. In an administration that has shattered the record for ineptness in its management of executive branch human resources, no appointee represents the bottom of the barrel mantra of the Trump administration than E.P.A. director Scott Pruitt. How do you put someone in charge of the environment who is literally owned by Devon? Why is Pruitt visiting Morocco trying to sell L.N.G. ( That's Rick Perry's job). The turnover in this White House is staggering and unprecedented. Trump appoints people based on intuition and loyalty not on credentials and skills. He is operating as a classic autocrat and its a dangerous method of leadership.

Yet... the past was failure and the present is successful. Go figure.

I must insert this...I am no liberal. I AM probably older than most herein. My first time eligible to vote I voted for Goldwater. In my view no president in my lifetime has been perfect. All have done things I did not agree with. Donald Trump is the absolutely worst president in my life time. AS an American I AM embarrassed by his presence in the White House. I will do everything in my power to vote him out of office as well as the pitiful excuse for a Republican Party noe in power. BETO FOR U.S. SENATE!

Youmayquestion his character if you must, but to sayhe is the worst president in your lifetimeholdsabsolutely no merit. His term as POTUS has been only one year. Specifically identify what policies you believe has made him your worst. Policies, not character issues please.

And why do you keep referring to Hillary? She is no longer relevant. While she won the popular vote by more than 3,000,000 votes we will never know how her presidency would have turned out. I could have predicted what a Trump presidency would turn out to be and unfortunately I would have been spot on. He is so out of his element its laughable.

Ilegal alien's votes and dead people's votes do not count in American elections. Trump won. Deal w/ it like a big boy.

So did you think it was ridiculous and sickening when Obama was POTUS and many on the right were rooting against him?

He so sucked on the International stage though. I admit that I was worried about this. And I'll also admit that I was hoping likeall getout that he'd fail domestically so the people would voteagainsttheDEM party. They did. In fact, they voted against both parties. The people of rthis nation is fed up w/ the BS thatis going on.

I'm confused...if this is true, then why are you complaining?? Had Hillary won, do you actually deny her administration wouldn't have expanded the cesspool like typical politicians have always done in the past?? So you likely would have accepted it under Hillary, but a political outsider does it and you seem to be outraged. Explain.

I can promise you onething that would not have happened.... today's unemployment #'s. IttookTrump to get this happening. People areworking again. End of discussion regarding Hillary. She & the DEMs are trying their best to keep the black americans down to where they need the DEM government help. They're losing that battle. More black Americans are working today than ever in the nation's history. And it will continue to get better. This is why the DEMs now want the Latinos. Illegal or not. Because they are the new black vote.

Reactions: BillyRay
And I will say that I don't automatically think a person is a liberal or leftist just for their dislike of Trump. Trump is disliked on both sides of the isle. And I absolutely understand where you are coming from in your dislike about the man. But labeling him as the worst president of your lifetime is a bit premature. His term isn't even halfway over. And who knows he may win a reelection bid. Thought even I can admit it's a longshot him winning again since the next Dem candidate likely won't have the baggage that Hillary had working against her. Cuz let's be honest, Trump won cuz Dem voters just didn't turn out and vote for her like they did for Obama.

Judgment over his presidency will come years and decades later as history will judge it in the long run. No reason to jump to conclusions.

We'll see what you say if/when he has success with NoKo and/or ending the stupid Iran deal
If the Trump administration negotiates a treaty/deal with North Korea, then that would be a massive landmark, legacy-capping achievement. Lately news has been coming out that the South and North are both open to reaching an agreement to officially end the Korean War. But I think Trump and the South better be ready to give up something massive in return. I am thinking Kim Jong Un wouldn't settle for anything less than all US forces pulling out of the South for an agreement to give up his nuclear weapons and a treaty to end the war. Myself, I think it would be worth the gamble to make that deal as long as both sides can agree on a monitoring program to keep each other in check.

The Iran deal was just horrendous.

OK. Let me try and summarize my points on his first 15 months in office: The economy is usually considered the #1 benchmark for judging presidencies. Clearly, it is doing well but notwithstanding Trump taking all the credit, the Obama legacy of tough decisions and well thought out policy decisions got the economy back on track after the disaster left by #43, growing us out of the recession. Trump was handed an economy on the upswing. Obama left office with the largest job creation legacy ever and in his last year in office more jobs were created than in Trump's first year in office. While Trump's tax cut legislation has bolstered the stock market and likely incentivized job creation, it is already on target explode the deficit and on top of that, he signs a budget that will simply exacerbate the problem.
His futile attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act were comical. While the law enacted under Obama was flawed it provided millions with a shot at getting decent health care.
Trump's immigration policy is a joke. He has flip-flopped more times than Aunt Jemima while establishing a basis for his program through bigotry, xenophobia, and anti-Islamic rhetoric that is more lies than truth. The "wall" is a preposterous waste of money. He supports white supremacy and identifies all immigrants as murderers, rapists, terrorists.
Who knows what will come of his efforts relative to national security? He cozies up to Putin, rips our allies, taunts North Korea and Iran, and surrounds himself with neo-cons who got us into the 2nd Iraqi war which was an unmitigated disaster.
He has ceded soft power to the Chinese who are filling our diplomatic void all over the world. And then there's the issue of presidential leadership. He is no leader, nor is he presidential. He's impulsive, egotistical, and divisive. He is a congenital liar operating more as an autocrat than the president of a democratic republic. He denigrates the press, he tears down the fundamental pillars of our justice system, he repeatedly attacks people personally, and targets our free elections.

We can only hope that Robert Mueller has the goods. Trump cannot be vanquished fast enough. Only the Republic itself is in the balance.

OK. Let me try and summarize my points on his first 15 months in office: The economy is usually considered the #1 benchmark for judging presidencies. Clearly, it is doing well but notwithstanding Trump taking all the credit, the Obama legacy of tough decisions and well thought out policy decisions got the economy back on track after the disaster left by #43, growing us out of the recession. Trump was handed an economy on the upswing. Obama left office with the largest job creation legacy ever and in his last year in office more jobs were created than in Trump's first year in office. While Trump's tax cut legislation has bolstered the stock market and likely incentivized job creation, it is already on target explode the deficit and on top of that, he signs a budget that will simply exacerbate the problem.
His futile attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act were comical. While the law enacted under Obama was flawed it provided millions with a shot at getting decent health care.
Trump's immigration policy is a joke. He has flip-flopped more times than Aunt Jemima while establishing a basis for his program through bigotry, xenophobia, and anti-Islamic rhetoric that is more lies than truth. The "wall" is a preposterous waste of money. He supports white supremacy and identifies all immigrants as murderers, rapists, terrorists.
Who knows what will come of his efforts relative to national security? He cozies up to Putin, rips our allies, taunts North Korea and Iran, and surrounds himself with neo-cons who got us into the 2nd Iraqi war which was an unmitigated disaster.
He has ceded soft power to the Chinese who are filling our diplomatic void all over the world. And then there's the issue of presidential leadership. He is no leader, nor is he presidential. He's impulsive, egotistical, and divisive. He is a congenital liar operating more as an autocrat than the president of a democratic republic. He denigrates the press, he tears down the fundamental pillars of our justice system, he repeatedly attacks people personally, and targets our free elections.

We can only hope that Robert Mueller has the goods. Trump cannot be vanquished fast enough. Only the Republic itself is in the balance.
The fact you actually believe all that you just posted is alarming. Christ man that sounds like an intro to Rachel Maddow or one of Lawrence O'Donnell's rants.

Goodness. Bless your heart.

7568345c42268f904bb253672e0993a3

Just guessing, but it seems to me that Trump bothers the senior citizen board members more than those below the age of 65. IMO, it has more to do with Trump's demeanor and insecurities rather than what he wants to accomplish during his presidency. If that's true, and it may not be, both sides will end up pushing the envelope (narrative) to defend their position. I have come to expect this on the Sooner Board. It is what it is. Nothing to take too seriously.

Just guessing, but it seems to me that Trump bothers the senior citizen board members more than those below the age of 65. IMO, it has more to do with Trump's demeanor and insecurities rather than what he wants to accomplish during his presidency. If that's true, and it may not be, both sides will end up pushing the envelope (narrative) to defend their position. I have come to expect this on the Sooner Board. It is what it is. Nothing to take too seriously.
Okla...I believe I am probably the most 'Ranking' Senior on this board, and most of what Trump has done meets with my approval, but the Way, and the Timing, in which he does those, do concern me. I'd like to see him slow his roll, and perhaps measure twice, then cut only once. I think perhaps he is rash, classless, and gets in too big of a hurry, but much of what he has accomplished is an improvement for 'We the People'. I blow him a kiss about every other day when the final bell rings down on the DJIA. A healthy Stock Market 'Trumps' a lot of 'Small Stuff'...If only the US Citizens could learn to put Principles above Personalities...

PS...No Kiss for The Donald, today...At the closing bell the Dow was down -424...Thanks for nothing!

Last edited:
owenfieldreams,

You need to look way further into details when analyzing economics. Saying a President did this and that just based off of statistics during their time in office is ignorant at best.

Let me guess, Bill Clinton was also the greatest economic President in American history. I mean, it couldn't have possibly had to do anything with some technological enlightenment like the Internet, right? No, the stats say it was Bill Clinton.

You need to understand the entire facts that led America out of the Great Recession. You can put blame on Bush and his administration for causing it if you're willing to lay blame on every preceding administration that rolled that snowball of pathetic banking regulations up, sure. What you also need to do is look at the Bush administration's RAPID and intelligent response to have the Treasury Department to buy up all of the high-risk mortgage bonds.

That policy is what quickly put the brakes on the downward spiral and showed the world that American banks would be able to fulfill their debts. That stopped an absolute crisis.

Next, you have to give big time props to the Federal Reserve. As stated by Wikipedia, "Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of the government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms." In 2015, the Federal Reserve made a profit of $100.2B and transferred $97.7B to the US Treasury. How did they do that? Look up "quantitative easing." It was genius. It had nothing to do with the Obama administration or any other congressional factor.

The only thing attributed to the Obama administration was the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I implore you to read up on its impact. Was that $450 or $630 check a big thing to most Americans? Yes, it's reported that it probably saved 2M jobs, and that is not insignificant. However, the overwhelming response and criticism to the Act from BIPARTISAN economic experts was that it was too small and poorly aimed. It could have been much better, and anyone would have a really difficult time arguing that it was more significant than either Bush's US Treasury response or the genius of our Federal Reserve.

Don't just go talking about employment numbers and economic numbers from the start to the end of a Presidency, not unless you're trying to make an argument to children that are only capable of this binary thinking.

Okla...I believe I am probably the most 'Ranking' Senior on this board, and most of what Trump has done meets with my approval, but the Way, and the Timing, in which he does those, do concern me. I'd like to see him slow his roll, and perhaps measure twice, then cut only once. I think perhaps he is rash, classless, and gets in too big of a hurry, but much of what he has accomplished is an improvement for 'We the People'. I blow him a kiss about every other day when the final bell rings down on the DJIA. A healthy Stock Market 'Trumps' a lot of 'Small Stuff'...If only the US Citizens could learn to put Principles above Personalities...

You have to know that you are one of my MOST favorites, p!ease consider an old man's concern. "Many good liars have no imagination at all; it's that which gives their lies such wided-eyed conviction. So if one believes it, it's not a lie". That is my concern. Does this guy, who is the POTUS, really believe the lies he tells America?

Last edited:
owenfieldreams,

You need to look way further into details when analyzing economics. Saying a President did this and that just based off of statistics during their time in office is ignorant at best.

Let me guess, Bill Clinton was also the greatest economic President in American history. I mean, it couldn't have possibly had to do anything with some technological enlightenment like the Internet, right? No, the stats say it was Bill Clinton.

You need to understand the entire facts that led America out of the Great Recession. You can put blame on Bush and his administration for causing it if you're willing to lay blame on every preceding administration that rolled that snowball of pathetic banking regulations up, sure. What you also need to do is look at the Bush administration's RAPID and intelligent response to have the Treasury Department to buy up all of the high-risk mortgage bonds.

That policy is what quickly put the brakes on the downward spiral and showed the world that American banks would be able to fulfill their debts. That stopped an absolute crisis.

Next, you have to give big time props to the Federal Reserve. As stated by Wikipedia, "Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of the government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms." In 2015, the Federal Reserve made a profit of $100.2B and transferred $97.7B to the US Treasury. How did they do that? Look up "quantitative easing." It was genius. It had nothing to do with the Obama administration or any other congressional factor.

The only thing attributed to the Obama administration was the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I implore you to read up on its impact. Was that $450 or $630 check a big thing to most Americans? Yes, it's reported that it probably saved 2M jobs, and that is not insignificant. However, the overwhelming response and criticism to the Act from BIPARTISAN economic experts was that it was too small and poorly aimed. It could have been much better, and anyone would have a really difficult time arguing that it was more significant than either Bush's US Treasury response or the genius of our Federal Reserve.

Don't just go talking about employment numbers and economic numbers from the start to the end of a Presidency, not unless you're trying to make an argument to children that are only capable of this binary thinking.
raw

PS...No Kiss for The Donald, today...At the closing bell the Dow was down -424...Thanks for nothing!

You are one of my most favorites also.
Oklabama is correct. Senior Sooner......, Probably my "Most Favorite"!!!!!!

I stopped reading before the end of the first paragraph. You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. Giving Obama & his 'shovel ready' policy credit for the huge upswing in the economy is silly and incredibly embarassing to read from you. Later.

Last edited:
We'll see what you say if/when he has success with NoKo and/or ending the stupid Iran deal

In my opinion iasooner1 I think
1. NoKo (North Korea) will fail Its because "Little Rocker Man" can not be believed
His country is starving and I believe eventually Rocket Man will be deposed or he will cheat. He will never give up his Nukes because that is all he has in his impoverished country. Rocket Man controls every thing in the lives of each North Korean citizen. He runs his country like an absolute dictator.
For NoKo to have a deal with South Korea Rocket Man would have to give up his presidency which he won't do. .

2. The way I understand the Iran deal is several European Countries and the European Union signed the agreement with Iran as did China and Russia and the United States. .

If the US pulls out of the Iran deal like Trump has been saying he wants to do, , It will isolate the United States from the rest of the world because the European Union and China and Russia and the European countries are sticking with their Iran Deal. . The leader of France is meeting with Trump now and the leader of Germany is meeting with Trump next week telling him it will be a big mistake for the US to drop out when they are staying. Isolating us from the rest who are sticking with the Iran deal, is not good. .

If I was guessing odds the NoKo deal has a better shot at success than us pulling out of Iran, because NoKo is in such horrible economic shape and they are desperate, but if we void the Iran deal it will be a huge mistake isolating ourselves from the rest of the world. .

Also if we void our Iran deal over nukes, it could send a message to North Korea that we could eventually void any nuke deal we make with them, that we don't stick to our word.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklabama
In my opinion iasooner1 I think
1. NoKo (North Korea) will fail Its because "Little Rocker Man" can not be believed
His country is starving and I believe eventually Rocket Man will be deposed or he will cheat.
For NoKo to have a deal with South Korea Rocket Man would have to give up his presidency which he won't do. .

2. The way I understand the Iran deal is several European Countries and the European Union signed the agreement with Iran as did China and Russia and the United States. .

If the US pulls out of the Iran deal like Trump has been saying he wants to do, , It will isolate the United States from the rest of the world because the European Union and China and Russia and the European countries are sticking with their Iran Deal. . The leader of France is meeting with Trump now and the leader of Germany is meeting with Trump next week telling him it will be a big mistake for the US to drop out when they are staying. Isolating us from the rest who are sticking with the Iran deal, is not good. .

If I was guessing odds the NoKo deal has a better shot at success than us pulling out of Iran, because NoKo is in such horrible economic shape and they are desperate, but if we void the Iran deal it will be a huge mistake isolating ourselves from the rest of the world. .
bull, my man, take a moment to review what Iran got out of the nuclear deal in regards to advanced IR-8 centrifuges. I've included the link, but the quoted part I'm posting should open your eyes to what was a giant flop by the Obama administration for the optics of "getting a deal."

"The Islamic Republic will most likely not build a bomb in one of its declared facilities, for such a move would expose it to immediate military retribution. More likely, Iran will sneak out by covertly enriching uranium at a hidden, undisclosed facility—after all, they’ve done it before. This option, however, requires the development of advanced centrifuges that can operate with efficiency at high velocity. A small cascade of the so-called IR-8 centrifuges can quickly enrich vast quantities of uranium to weapons-grade quality. Because so few of these centrifuges would be required to complete the task, they can be housed in small facilities that may evade detection in a timely manner. Iran is a vast country, and should the clerical oligarchs choose to litter their territory with numerous such small installations, they can effectively conceal their activities from prying inspectors. All this becomes even more alarming as the restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program fade with time.

The key architect of the JCPOA was not Secretary of State John Kerry or his European counterparts but Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s most reliable bomb maker, the head of the Atomic Energy Organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, and his team of technicians and diplomats, for one simple reason: He knows more than we do about the program he has devoted his life to developing.

Salehi, a fluent English speaker with a Ph.D. in nuclear engineering from MIT, realized the folly of his predecessors. He understood that merely adding primitive IR-1 centrifuges to Iran’s stock might marginally expand its nuclear capacity, but could not be the foundation of a state-of-art atomic apparatus. For Iran to have a viable nuclear energy program and a sneak-out weapons option, it had to phase out the clunky IR-1s and replace them with more advanced IR-8s. As Pezhman Rahimian, a technical member of the Iran negotiating team, stipulated in an interview in Khorasan newspaper on August 13, 2015: “The current manager of the organization [Salehi] believes that we should not have produced and installed this number of IR-1s since plans were made to replace these old centrifuges with new ones.” Thus, Iran had no problem disassembling many of its outdated centrifuges and giving the Westerners the illusion that it was circumscribing its nuclear activities. At the height of negotiations in 2015, Iran’s leaders were grappling with the question of how long they would need to design and operate the new generation of centrifuges. Another member of Iran’s negotiating team, Hamid Baidinezhad, stressed in an interview with Iranian daily E’temad on August 23, 2015: “Finally, we came to the conclusion that the transition period that would take us to the industrial stage would start at the beginning of eight years. … After the completion of that transitional period, Iran’s nuclear program would witness an industrial leap and Iran would enter the state of complete industrial enrichment.” And this was precisely the research and development plan Iran negotiated as part of the JCPOA: The agreement stipulates that “Iran will continue to conduct enrichment R & D [Research and Development] … including IR-4, IR-6 and IR-8 centrifuges.” An American negotiating team that was so concerned about stages of sanctions relief and inspections seemed to have conceded this point as part of the negotiating trade-offs.

Salehi has touted this achievement, declaring in an interview with Islamic Student News Agency on September 8, 2015, “According to the JCPOA, we have kept our nuclear program in accordance with our needs and requirements for [carrying out] research and development.” In a clever move, Salehi preserved Iran’s nuclear modernization efforts while trading away IR-1s that Iran would phase out even if the JCPOA had not come along."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/22/iran-nuclear-deal-bomb-215636

bull, my man, take a moment to review what Iran got out of the nuclear deal in regards to advanced IR-8 centrifuges. I've included the link, but the quoted part I'm posting should open your eyes to what was a giant flop by the Obama administration for the optics of "getting a deal."

"The Islamic Republic will most likely not build a bomb in one of its declared facilities, for such a move would expose it to immediate military retribution. More likely, Iran will sneak out by covertly enriching uranium at a hidden, undisclosed facility—after all, they’ve done it before. This option, however, requires the development of advanced centrifuges that can operate with efficiency at high velocity. A small cascade of the so-called IR-8 centrifuges can quickly enrich vast quantities of uranium to weapons-grade quality. Because so few of these centrifuges would be required to complete the task, they can be housed in small facilities that may evade detection in a timely manner. Iran is a vast country, and should the clerical oligarchs choose to litter their territory with numerous such small installations, they can effectively conceal their activities from prying inspectors. All this becomes even more alarming as the restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program fade with time.

The key architect of the JCPOA was not Secretary of State John Kerry or his European counterparts but Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s most reliable bomb maker, the head of the Atomic Energy Organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, and his team of technicians and diplomats, for one simple reason: He knows more than we do about the program he has devoted his life to developing.

Salehi, a fluent English speaker with a Ph.D. in nuclear engineering from MIT, realized the folly of his predecessors. He understood that merely adding primitive IR-1 centrifuges to Iran’s stock might marginally expand its nuclear capacity, but could not be the foundation of a state-of-art atomic apparatus. For Iran to have a viable nuclear energy program and a sneak-out weapons option, it had to phase out the clunky IR-1s and replace them with more advanced IR-8s. As Pezhman Rahimian, a technical member of the Iran negotiating team, stipulated in an interview in Khorasan newspaper on August 13, 2015: “The current manager of the organization [Salehi] believes that we should not have produced and installed this number of IR-1s since plans were made to replace these old centrifuges with new ones.” Thus, Iran had no problem disassembling many of its outdated centrifuges and giving the Westerners the illusion that it was circumscribing its nuclear activities. At the height of negotiations in 2015, Iran’s leaders were grappling with the question of how long they would need to design and operate the new generation of centrifuges. Another member of Iran’s negotiating team, Hamid Baidinezhad, stressed in an interview with Iranian daily E’temad on August 23, 2015: “Finally, we came to the conclusion that the transition period that would take us to the industrial stage would start at the beginning of eight years. … After the completion of that transitional period, Iran’s nuclear program would witness an industrial leap and Iran would enter the state of complete industrial enrichment.” And this was precisely the research and development plan Iran negotiated as part of the JCPOA: The agreement stipulates that “Iran will continue to conduct enrichment R & D [Research and Development] … including IR-4, IR-6 and IR-8 centrifuges.” An American negotiating team that was so concerned about stages of sanctions relief and inspections seemed to have conceded this point as part of the negotiating trade-offs.

Salehi has touted this achievement, declaring in an interview with Islamic Student News Agency on September 8, 2015, “According to the JCPOA, we have kept our nuclear program in accordance with our needs and requirements for [carrying out] research and development.” In a clever move, Salehi preserved Iran’s nuclear modernization efforts while trading away IR-1s that Iran would phase out even if the JCPOA had not come along."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/09/22/iran-nuclear-deal-bomb-215636

Thank you Medic that was very informative about our Iran deal. I agree it was a bad deal but it was not a unilateral deal only between us and Iran.

Unfortunately for Trump. all of the European nations and the European Union and China and Russia also signed the deal and the Europeans said they will not void the deal and the French leader today meeting with Trump is urging Trump not to void the Iran deal and next week the German leader will meet with Trump with the same message as the leader of France.

If the European countries stick with the Iran deal as do the European Union and China and Russia if Trump withdraws from the deal it will isolate us from the rest of the world which would present a dilemma for us.

Thanks again my friend Medic, your information was very informative..

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007
DISCLAIMER:

Oh, Dear, My Good Buddies...When I annointed 'meselef' as the Ranking Senior Member of this board, it had nothing to do with a Favorite Poster, or the 'Most Liked'...so no need to cue Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain'! :p

It had to do with 'I am pretty sure that I am the Freaking OLDEST Member on the board, D**nit!' Sad, but true, so therefore, I feel entitled to comment on how Seriously Senior SASSY Sooners view our sitting POTUS...

Thank you Medic that was very informative about our Iran deal. I agree it was a bad deal but it was not a unilateral deal only between us and Iran.

Unfortunately for Trump. all of the European nations and the European Union and China and Russia also signed the deal and the Europeans said they will not void the deal and the French leader today meeting with Trump is urging Trump not to void the Iran deal and next week the German leader will meet with Trump with the same message as the leader of France.

If the European countries stick with the Iran deal as do the European Union and China and Russia if Trump withdraws from the deal it will isolate us from the rest of the world which would present a dilemma for us.

Thanks again my friend Medic, your information was very informative..
Of course.

Trump wants to renegotiate the deal, which is wise IMHO. Of course Iran wants no part of that because of what has become known to folks since the details were made public. We got duped. Nobody wants to admit it and Iran has the upper hand.

It was a bad deal for the sake of having a deal. The worst part is that they have access to tons of money they previously didn't have. We opened the door for faster modernization of their program by giving them the cash they needed to do it and it's now legitimized by the world community. Iran should be heavily penalized for their missile testing but they've got a loophole in the deal for that as well.

It's going to be scary when the deal expires. I don't think the future will be complimentary of what Iran will be capable of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT