ADVERTISEMENT

God bless Barbara Pierce Bush dead at 92

Regardless of her flaws she was far more prepared to be president. All politicians have a degree of larceny in their bones. As a former first lady of Arkansas, first lady of the U.S., U.S. senator, and Secretary of State her portfolio of accomplishments were overwhelming compared to the legacy of bankruptcies, beauty parents, and reality tv shows in TRUMP'S resume. She may be a loser in many eyes but compared to Trump she's Margaret Thatcher. The 2016 election provided a poor choice for the presidency but faced with that binary option, Hillary was a better option. Those who voted for TRUMP slid their souls to the devil.
That's like saying that for a fat girl, she didn't sweat much.
Hillary's behavior over many years, revealing her mercenary ways and her reversals on so many issues, caught up to her. Poetic justice was served on a silver platter to her....and Margaret Thatcher would have not wanted any comparison to her.
When a nation is forced into voting for one of two such polarizing candidates, people like Trump can become president. There are no winners, only losers....but then, we deserve the leaders we vote for.
While I was elated over Hillary's defeat....and her political downfall once and for all...I was also nervous over what lies ahead. Right now, I'm in a wait and see mode.

Last edited:
I think you must separate "presidential" from the politics of "the presidency." 43 drove me out of the party because of the Iraq war and his squandering of a budget surplus. Every president in my lifetime has been a mixed bag of good and bad. As I watched the celebration of life ( our oldest son was married in St. Martin's), I kept thinking that these were the personification of the Republican party I grew up with. Trump is no Republican. He's not even a conservative. He's an opportunist who plays to whatever suits his self-promotion. He's The Music Man! He is a disgrace to the office of the presidency and his presence among the truly greats in the St. Martin sanctuary would have been like a malignant tumor in an otherwise healthy body. I will say the entire funeral proceeding gives me renewed hope that we will survive Trump. This country and its foundation is too strong to be taken down by this clown of a man.

So, I take it he's not getting a Christmas card?

Most of my family/friends were not fully supportive of Trump, but when casting their votes, it was not so much FOR him, as it was AGAINST Hillary.

Are we totally satisfied with our President's performance? Of course not, but he still seems the better choice of the two available candidates.

In an ideal world, 'The Right' Man/Woman would be presented for consideration, and
be elected by the thinking voters of all parties. We, The People, must work together to overcome all of the divisiveness and return, once more, to being The UNITED States...

Hillary has become as politically relevant as Sarah Palin. Both are nothing more than an answer to a political trivia question. I think Hillary realizes she is political poison and should never run for public office again. Like Palin, she will continue to get quoted from time to time, but as far as having any kind of impact on a local, state or federal level, their time has come and gone.

Hillary has become as politically relevant as Sarah Palin. Both are nothing more than an answer to a political trivia question. I think Hillary realizes she is political poison and should never run for public office again. Like Palin, she will continue to get quoted from time to time, but as far as having any kind of impact on a local, state or federal level, their time has come and gone.
I hope so. One is as stupid as the other is crooked.

I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit that I hoped that one day we would elect a Female POTUS, but we will have to come up with a MUCH Better candidate than either of those two, or Ophra!

OR, we could all get behind MS. Might be the only way we can get him outta here!

Put me down for $5.00! :rolleyes:

I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit that I hoped that one day we would elect a Female POTUS, but we will have to come up with a MUCH Better candidate than either of those two, or Ophra!
I would have voted for Carly Fiorina in a heartbeat. She blew away what you saw in Hillary and it wasn't even close. I was always impressed with how she carried herself and how well spoken she was during the Republican primaries. I thought she always did well at the debates. For some reason she just never really caught on with voters.

I would have voted for Carly Fiorina in a heartbeat. She blew away what you saw in Hillary and it wasn't even close. I was always impressed with how she carried herself and how well spoken she was during the Republican primaries. I thought she always did well at the debates. For some reason she just never really caught on with voters.
Two things worked against her.
Her name wasn't Hillary Clinton.
She is a conservative woman and after Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman that worked against her. MSNBC and CNN made sure of that.
Also, I would have like it if she did not acknowledge Trump's remarks on her looks. That's rolling in the mud with the pigs in my opinion. A no response by her would have had more impact.

yTrump is no Republican. He's not even a conservative. He's an opportunist who plays to whatever suits his self-promotion. He's The Music Man! He is a disgrace to the office of the presidency and his presence among the truly greats in the St. Martin sanctuary would have been like a malignant tumor in an otherwise healthy body. I will say the entire funeral proceeding gives me renewed hope that we will survive Trump. This country and its foundation is too strong to be taken down by this clown of a man.

Barbara Bush hated Trump for many valid reasons. His narcissism which is directly opposite of Barbara Bush being a genuine Human being. Barbara never met another human being who she thought that she was more important than. Barbara Bush does not have to tout her wealth or her importance. Barbara Bush tells the truth and does not have to lie after lie after lie like Trump lives his life.

Barbara Bush is not condescending to others calling others with name calling to build up her ego.
Barbara Bush has raised 100 Million dollars for literacy so all can read and write and Trump hates to read anything. .
Trump downgrades all races while Barbara strongly believes in equality of all.

Would Barbara Bush say she has no respect for John McCain THE POW BECAUSE HE GOT CAPTURED WHILE TRUMP SAYS HE DOES NOT LIKE PEOPLE WHO GOT CAPTURED And Trump was a draft dodger FIVE TIMES.

Does Barbara live her life in immorality like Trump does and has..

Would Barbara Bush make fun of a handicapped man whose neurologic condition made him appear spastic? Trump mimicked this man during the campaign.

Barbara Bush lived her life caring and respect for others and she would represent for all of us the type of human being we would admire and try to copy. .

Trump has lived his life the complete opposite of Barbara Bush and that is why she despised him and said so. Trump was her exact opposite and Barbara recognized this

AND YES SENIOR SOONER THERE IS ANOTHER WOMAN OUT THERE WHO WOULD BE A FANTASTIC PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES '''
A BARBARA BUSH CLONE..

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
Well, you know that voting for anyone other than the GOP candidate in Oklahoma is like pissing into the wind. I wouldn’t ever chance swattering you, V-Man. That just wouldn’t be right, man. Now the Chinaman is another story. :cool:

Well, my hao da and shi will be replaced by si here in a couple of months. Not going to be wearing any MAGA hats while I'm working down there. :)

If the primary criticism of Hillary is that she's crooked, then how in God's name can anyone with a lick of sense defend Trump? All one has to do is chronicle Trump' s business career to confirm that our current president is the true definition of crooked. Then add the fact that he's a congenital and pathological liar and you have a man who will eventually go down as the worst president in the history of the republic...and it isn't even close.

If the primary criticism of Hillary is that she's crooked, then how in God's name can anyone with a lick of sense defend Trump? All one has to do is chronicle Trump' s business career to confirm that our current president is the true definition of crooked. Then add the fact that he's a congenital and pathological liar and you have a man who will eventually go down as the worst president in the history of the republic...and it isn't even close.

100% true.

As I've said before, of 320 million people, Trump and Clinton are the "best" options ?
The 2016 election may have lowered the bar forever on presidential election choices.

So using this rationale, if Hillary had been elected then you would have also labeled her as the worst president in the history of the republic.

Reactions: iasooner1

Crooked in his business dealings, A Liar,. A Racist, A ,Narcissist, name caller, Immoral, Stupid, No respect for anyone (EXCEPT FOR ONE PERSON PUTIN OF RUSSIA), 5 bankruptcies, a Drafter Dodger 5 times, . openly abuses women brags he grabs their p***ies, openly mocked a Handicapped person, and attacked a Prisoner Of War, John McCain for being captured. So in reality he has attacked EVERY PRISONER OF WAR IN US HISTORY BECAUSE THEY GOT CAPTURED.
Calling him the worse President in history is an understatement.
Barbara Bush nailed it when she said "she despises him".
Millions join her.

Last edited:
Crooked, A Liar,. A Racist, A ,Narcissist, name caller, Immoral, Stupid, No respect for anyone, 5 bankruptcies, a Drafter Dodger 5 times, . openly abuses women brags he grabs their p***ies, openly mocked a Handicapped person, and attacked a Prisoner Of War, John McCain for being captured. So in reality he has attacked EVERY PRISONER OF WAR IN US HISTORY BECAUSE THEY GOT CAPTURED.
Millions join her.
lol

And sorry, but to this day when I watch the clip of Trump making fun of the handicapped reporter I can't stop from laughing. It's pure gold!!!! LOL :D:D:D

Last edited:
lol

And sorry, but to this day when I watch the clip of Trump making fun of the handicapped reporter I can't stop from laughing. It's pure gold!!!! LOL :D:D:D

Why does it strike you as funny that Trump mocked a disabled reporter? Because it's "not pc?" Because the reporter is part of the mainstream media? Whatever the reason, it is pathetic that anyone would find it acceptable to make fun of a person's disability.

I am not a Bush Republican. I prefer Reagan's brand, one that is evidently extinct.
Bush 43 did not represent the maintaining of original conservative orientation of the GOP of limited government and non-intervention in the affairs of other countries. After 9/11, the neocon element (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice) took over...Iraq and Afghanistan were occupied and the saber-rattling with Iran started as the Middle East turned into a bloody quagmire that will last indefinitely.
Government spending increased more than when it did during Clinton's two terms.
Bush 43 was not my kind of conservative.
But none of this has any bearing on my admiration for Barbara Bush, a free thinking individual who never shied away from expressing herself.

LOL. then why mention it? Rhetorical question.

I think you must separate "presidential" from the politics of "the presidency." 43 drove me out of the party because of the Iraq war and his squandering of a budget surplus. Every president in my lifetime has been a mixed bag of good and bad. As I watched the celebration of life ( our oldest son was married in St. Martin's), I kept thinking that these were the personification of the Republican party I grew up with. Trump is no Republican. He's not even a conservative. He's an opportunist who plays to whatever suits his self-promotion. He's The Music Man! He is a disgrace to the office of the presidency and his presence among the truly greats in the St. Martin sanctuary would have been like a malignant tumor in an otherwise healthy body. I will say the entire funeral proceeding gives me renewed hope that we will survive Trump. This country and its foundation is too strong to be taken down by this clown of a man.

He's all of these things and the toughest son of a bitch that's been a President in my lifetime. Period. He's taking on everybody and everything and kicking their asses. From CNN to the FBI, Russia, N Korea, you name it, he's kicking their asses. He takes NO paycheck. Eventually though, he'll be taken down. Why? Because he'll be set up. It prbably has already has and is just playing out. So hate on him all you want. Do you think we'd be better off w/ Hillary? Hell no. Paul Rand. LOL. America elected the best person for the job this go around. Reagan is dead and so is every conservative like him. Get over it already.

I'll just leave it with this...the America I know and love, the one I was brought up in, was alive and well at St. Martin's yesterday. It is not alive and well in the White House.

The Saturday Morning Post & Life Magazine is dead too. TV's used to have rabbit ears. Things change. Most often for the better. I'd vote for him again. Hillary & the DNC attempted to rig the election, They stole it from their own party and yet they're stupid enough to to still swoon over her.

Crooked in his business dealings, A Liar,. A Racist, A ,Narcissist, name caller, Immoral, Stupid, No respect for anyone (EXCEPT FOR ONE PERSON PUTIN OF RUSSIA), 5 bankruptcies, a Drafter Dodger 5 times, . openly abuses women brags he grabs their p***ies, openly mocked a Handicapped person, and attacked a Prisoner Of War, John McCain for being captured. So in reality he has attacked EVERY PRISONER OF WAR IN US HISTORY BECAUSE THEY GOT CAPTURED.
Millions join her.

Yawn. Despite your claims, he was elected w/ 63 million votes, 30 states, & 306 electoral votes.

Why does it strike you as funny that Trump mocked a disabled reporter? Because it's "not pc?" Because the reporter is part of the mainstream media? Whatever the reason, it is pathetic that anyone would find it acceptable to make fun of a person's disability.

Mocking any disability is wrong IMO, but using a disability to guilt shame or grandstand one's profession is equally as wrong. Again just my opinion.

Whatever it is about it, it's frikin hilarious!! Me and my wife both crack up when we watch it on Youtube. I'm gonna watch it again real quick.

"DRAIN THE SWAMP"...more like expand the cesspool. In an administration that has shattered the record for ineptness in its management of executive branch human resources, no appointee represents the bottom of the barrel mantra of the Trump administration than E.P.A. director Scott Pruitt. How do you put someone in charge of the environment who is literally owned by Devon? Why is Pruitt visiting Morocco trying to sell L.N.G. ( That's Rick Perry's job). The turnover in this White House is staggering and unprecedented. Trump appoints people based on intuition and loyalty not on credentials and skills. He is operating as a classic autocrat and its a dangerous method of leadership.

"DRAIN THE SWAMP"...more like expand the cesspool.
I'm confused...if this is true, then why are you complaining?? Had Hillary won, do you actually deny her administration wouldn't have expanded the cesspool like typical politicians have always done in the past?? So you likely would have accepted it under Hillary, but a political outsider does it and you seem to be outraged. Explain.

And why do you keep referring to Hillary? She is no longer relevant. While she won the popular vote by more than 3,000,000 votes we will never know how her presidency would have turned out. I could have predicted what a Trump presidency would turn out to be and unfortunately I would have been spot on. He is so out of his element its laughable.

And why do you keep referring to Hillary? She is no longer relevant. While she won the popular vote by more than 3,000,000 votes we will never know how her presidency would have turned out. I could have predicted what a Trump presidency would turn out to be and unfortunately I would have been spot on. He is so out of his element its laughable.
Because she was the only other option in terms of the general election. So if you are unhappy with Trump, then she was your only other option. Now if you want to talk about other Republican options, then I'm with you cuz Trump was not my first choice. But in the end, it was either him, or her. And it was an easy decision for me. Even if Trump goes down as the worst President in history, I still will never regret voting for him over her.

And yes, Trump is out of his element cuz he isn't a career politician. And that's precisely why millions voted for him. A vote for the other candidate was a vote for more of the same from a career politician who gives polished speeches to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, while nothing but shady deals are done when you aren't looking. Sounds like that is what you are content with when it comes to a President. At least with Trump, you get what you see. Trump is so far the most transparent President in the history of the country. And it's not even close.

Worst president in history because you say so? Or the media? Or jimmy fallon? Do I agree with every decision trump makes? Absolutely not. However it's almost like some US citizens are actually rooting against him. To me that's ridiculous and sickening

So did you think it was ridiculous and sickening when Obama was POTUS and many on the right were rooting against him?

It was nowhere near the level of what we are experiencing now. Did I vote for Obama? No however once elected I did support him and pray he made the right decisions. People actually root for Trump to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT