ADVERTISEMENT

God bless Barbara Pierce Bush dead at 92

Lady...

30724101_10212888620988333_8641306971627781592_n.jpg

Last edited:
She was my favorite First Lady, by far. (Since 1948, the year I was born)
Mine also.
She was truly genuine. You all got what you see, she dressed simply She was the least pretentious of any first lady in the recent past. She did not have to show off by wearing $25000 and $40000 gowns.
Her family truly loved her as did the majority of Americans and as did the millions of under priviledged people. she helped.

Barbara Bush was a saint and for millions of us she was our very favorite first lady just like for you CTOkie. .

Last edited:
Fresno State English teacher Randa Jarrar is dancing on Mrs. Bush's grave and wishing death to all her family.Her hatred for white people is well-known, yet she is allowed to hold a teaching job. Where else but in California.
This is the society we live in now.

He already said he is not going.
Barbara Bush knows her people.

She was a great First Lady. She was also the 'Enforcer' in the Bush family. Laura Bush called her the Don Corleon of the family. She did not like anyone that challenged her family, especially, George W. Trump was rough on Jeb and many took it personal. And probably rightfully so. But I think w/ Trump, his commentary toward all of his Republican competitors, was all business. He found their weak spots and threw barbs at them all. With the Bush family being the Royal Family of the Republican party, it was natural that he'd take them on hard. Likewise, it was natural for her to react the same. While she was a great first lady, I personally am more fond of Laura.

RIP Barbara Bush

Last edited:
Melania is going. If Jeb would have ran as a "Populist" we might not be having this discussion.

POTUS ordered flags lowered for Mrs Bush today out of respect for the former 1st Lady

Jeb couldn't run as a 'populist'. He didn't have the goods. People were flat tired of the name Bush. It's my belief that none of the 17 that ran under the the title of Republican could have. They had history as a politician. Running as a 'populist' only became popular, after Trump won and subsequently labled as a populist.

Reactions: iasooner1
She was a great First Lady. She was also the 'Enforcer' in the Bush family. Laura Bush called her the Don Corleon of the family. She did not like anyone that challenged her family, especially, George W. Trump was rough on Jeb and many took it personal. And probably rightfully so. But I think w/ Trump, his commentary toward all of his Republican competitors, was all business. He found their weak spots and threw barbs at them all. With the Bush family being the Royal Family of the Republican party, it was natural that he'd take them on hard. Likewise, it was natural for her to react the same. While she was a great first lady, I personally am more fond of Laura.

RIP Barbara Bush

Who is George W. Trump????????

Melania is going. If Jeb would have ran as a "Populist" we might not be having this discussion.QUOTE]

Its laughable that you blame Jeb for Donald not attending the Funeral. Almost every other President and their wives are going to the funeral including 2 Democrat Presidents. and their wives.
Donald in not going and by not attending he is giving his true feelings about the Bush family. Its Donald's views and his decision not anything involving Jeb. Donald also attacked George W and Bush Senior.

Last edited:
They all attacked each other; politics is 'blood sport' and this time the oligarchs (from both sides) lost. IF DT gets substantive results with some if not all the issues with NoKo he will have won, again

There is a big difference between politics 'blood sport' during the campaign and now as president he avoids the funeral. To most of us it is not surprising Trump is not going because he permanently maintains his angers and wars even toward those in his own party.

Some of the tributes to her on the news channel have been very touching. She truly was a walking-talking definition of class and dignity. She was active, involved, not afraid to roll up her sleeves and could hold her own with many heads of state. She is a blueprint for all First Ladies to follow.

And if there are some who have heartburn with her, I say, "Go suck it." She was a far better person than those who take shots at her could ever hope to be.

RIP Mrs. Bush.

Or maybe he is showing his respect to the fam by not attending; if I knew I was NOT welcome somewhere I wouldn't 'elbow my way in'

Wow. What a theory..Frankly its ridiculous. He is the president of the United States and the funeral is for an American legend who will be in American History forever and she in the Presidents own party. I would guess every past President and their spouses will be there both democrats and republicans and perhaps many in Congress also.

Donald's absent shows he still harbors angers he cannot let go of. Have you every heard an apology from Trump?

Him not going Its classless.

The other question to ask, if Trump does attend the funeral, is if he will make a speech honoring her.....as any other president would.
Whatever happens, the media is going to be in a feeding frenzy on this.

The other question to ask, if Trump does attend the funeral, is if he will make a speech honoring her.....as any other president would.
Whatever happens, the media is going to be in a feeding frenzy on this.

Actually... the comment of "as any other President" would not be accurate. It appears that Obama did not attend the funeral of Nancy Reagan but rather sent Michelle. Obama spoke at a function in Austin at the South by Southwest festival. Further research shows that Bill Clinton did not attend Patricia Nixon's funeral. Neither did Hillary for that matter.

I'm not sure what is protocal, but I have a feeling that the sitting President is not 'required' to attend a former first lady's funeral. I think that sitting Presidents should be in attendance for former Presidents though. Even then, speaking to the guest mourners would be by family requests only as this type of funeral would be considered a State funeral. Former First Lady's funerals are not considered a State Funeral.

Actually... the comment of "as any other President" would not be accurate. It appears that Obama did not attend the funeral of Nancy Reagan but rather sent Michelle. Obama spoke at a function in Austin at the South by Southwest festival. Further research shows that Bill Clinton did not attend Patricia Nixon's funeral. Neither did Hillary for that matter.

I'm not sure what is protocal, but I have a feeling that the sitting President is not 'required' to attend a former first lady's funeral. I think that sitting Presidents should be in attendance for former Presidents though. Even then, speaking to the guest mourners would be by family requests only as this type of funeral would be considered a State funeral. Former First Lady's funerals are not considered a State Funeral.
I stand corrected.
Will Trump attend Bush Senior's funeral, as it can't be too far off in the future, especially now ?

I stand corrected.
Will Trump attend Bush Senior's funeral, as it can't be too far off in the future, especially now ?

I'm sure he will. The Bush family attended the Trump innauguration. So while there is more than likely a bit of rub behind the scenes, both parties do have a love and understanding of the office of the President and all that goes with it.

Wow. What a theory..Frankly its ridiculous. He is the president of the United States and the funeral is for an American legend who will be in American History forever and she in the Presidents own party. I would guess every past President and their spouses will be there both democrats and republicans and perhaps many in Congress also.

Donald's absent shows he still harbors angers he cannot let go of. Have you every heard an apology from Trump?

Him not going Its classless.

You are a very hate filled man. It shows greatly when you discuss anything regarding Trump. The hate most often forces you to post unwisely. Such as it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyRay
"You are a very hate filled man. It shows greatly when you discuss anything regarding Trump. The hate most often forces you to post unwisely. Such as it is. Hate will only lead you to the dark side." - Yoda ("WNAS")

You are a very hate filled man. It shows greatly when you discuss anything regarding Trump. The hate most often forces you to post unwisely. Such as it is.

No the hate came from Trump to the Bush family members.
1. He gave Jeb one of Trumps favorite nicknames which was very demeaning
2. He attacked George W. Bush many times for the war in Iraq (WHEN TRUMP SHOWED SUPPORT FOR THIS SAME WAR IN A VIDEO ON THE HOWARD STERN SHOW)
3. Trump attacked Herbert Walker Bush the father.

This is Trump's style many many times to spout his hate and to direct demeaning nicknames to many different people with his hate,

Reactions: JP74017
No the hate came from Trump to the Bush family members.
1. He gave Jeb one of Trumps favorite nicknames which was very demeaning
2. He attacked George W. Bush many times for the war in Iraq (WHEN TRUMP SHOWED SUPPORT FOR THIS SAME WAR IN A VIDEO ON THE HOWARD STERN SHOW)
3. Trump attacked Herbert Walker Bush the father.

This is Trump's style many many times to spout his hate and to direct demeaning nicknames to many different people with his hate,

RIP Barbara Bush

Barbara, bless her soul, was one of the best First Ladies, and Laura was also. Two women that will be remembered with more respect than perhaps two truly good presidents of the United States. Actually, IMO, more good POTUS than First Ladies. RIP, Barb. I loved you.

Barbara, bless her soul, was one of the best First Ladies, and Laura was also. Two women that will be remembered with more respect than perhaps two truly good presidents of the United States. Actually, IMO, more good POTUS than First Ladies. RIP, Barb. I loved you.

I felt my eyes getting wet during the Funeral.

Barbara Bush and her family represent my kind of Republican. The GOP with a conscious. The GOP who care about the poor. The GOP who care about family WHO RESPECT LIFE AND HUMAN DECENCY AND HAVE HIGH MORALS AND FAMILY VALUES WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT.AND HOW WE ACT TO EACH OTHER. THE GOP WHO RECOGNIZE HAVING A HUGE DEFICIT IS VERY BAD FOR OUR COUNTRY. THIS GOP HAS A 21 TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT.
Barbara's son Jeb gave a beautiful eulogy for his mother.

Do you remember 6 days after the 9-11 attack on the Twin Towers in New York when George W. visited a Mosque to reassure the decent Muslims.

: In 2001, six days after the 9/11 attacks, George W. Bush visited the mosque himself and gave an address in which he famously said “Islam is peace”:

George Bush said at the Mosque: "Like the good folks standing with me, the American people were appalled and outraged at last Tuesday’s attacks. And so were Muslims all across the world. Both Americans and Muslim friends and citizens, tax-paying citizens, and Muslims in nations were just appalled and could not believe what we saw on our TV screens …

The face of terror is not the true faith of Islam. That’s not what Islam is all about. Islam is peace. These terrorists don’t represent peace. They represent evil and war"

Back then America did not view all Muslims and immigrants as being bad as America was built on immigration. Most of us are Americans whose family members immigrated from other countries.

When the Bush family were our Presidents I felt very proud to be a moderate Republican.
Now I don't recognize or understand the Grand Old Party of which I am still a member. .

Barbara Bush represented every quality we loved as a person, a parent, and with her charity toward those in need.
She will be missed.

Last edited:
I am not a Bush Republican. I prefer Reagan's brand, one that is evidently extinct.
Bush 43 did not represent the maintaining of original conservative orientation of the GOP of limited government and non-intervention in the affairs of other countries. After 9/11, the neocon element (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice) took over...Iraq and Afghanistan were occupied and the saber-rattling with Iran started as the Middle East turned into a bloody quagmire that will last indefinitely.
Government spending increased more than when it did during Clinton's two terms.
Bush 43 was not my kind of conservative.
But none of this has any bearing on my admiration for Barbara Bush, a free thinking individual who never shied away from expressing herself.

I think you must separate "presidential" from the politics of "the presidency." 43 drove me out of the party because of the Iraq war and his squandering of a budget surplus. Every president in my lifetime has been a mixed bag of good and bad. As I watched the celebration of life ( our oldest son was married in St. Martin's), I kept thinking that these were the personification of the Republican party I grew up with. Trump is no Republican. He's not even a conservative. He's an opportunist who plays to whatever suits his self-promotion. He's The Music Man! He is a disgrace to the office of the presidency and his presence among the truly greats in the St. Martin sanctuary would have been like a malignant tumor in an otherwise healthy body. I will say the entire funeral proceeding gives me renewed hope that we will survive Trump. This country and its foundation is too strong to be taken down by this clown of a man.

I think you must separate "presidential" from the politics of "the presidency." 43 drove me out of the party because of the Iraq war and his squandering of a budget surplus. Every president in my lifetime has been a mixed bag of good and bad. As I watched the celebration of life ( our oldest son was married in St. Martin's), I kept thinking that these were the personification of the Republican party I grew up with. Trump is no Republican. He's not even a conservative. He's an opportunist who plays to whatever suits his self-promotion. He's The Music Man! He is a disgrace to the office of the presidency and his presence among the truly greats in the St. Martin sanctuary would have been like a malignant tumor in an otherwise healthy body. I will say the entire funeral proceeding gives me renewed hope that we will survive Trump. This country and its foundation is too strong to be taken down by this clown of a man.
Whatever Trump is, it was the "stench" of all that is Hillary that cost her the election. A loss against an opponent that any decent Democrat might have defeated.

Regardless of her flaws she was far more prepared to be president. All politicians have a degree of larceny in their bones. As a former first lady of Arkansas, first lady of the U.S., U.S. senator, and Secretary of State her portfolio of accomplishments were overwhelming compared to the legacy of bankruptcies, beauty parents, and reality tv shows in TRUMP'S resume. She may be a loser in many eyes but compared to Trump she's Margaret Thatcher. The 2016 election provided a poor choice for the presidency but faced with that binary option, Hillary was a better option. Those who voted for TRUMP slid their souls to the devil.

Reactions: bullmarket
I'll just leave it with this...the America I know and love, the one I was brought up in, was alive and well at St. Martin's yesterday. It is not alive and well in the White House.

Reactions: bullmarket
Regardless of her flaws she was far more prepared to be president. All politicians have a degree of larceny in their bones. As a former first lady of Arkansas, first lady of the U.S., U.S. senator, and Secretary of State her portfolio of accomplishments were overwhelming compared to the legacy of bankruptcies, beauty parents, and reality tv shows in TRUMP'S resume. She may be a loser in many eyes but compared to Trump she's Margaret Thatcher. The 2016 election provided a poor choice for the presidency but faced with that binary option, Hillary was a better option. Those who voted for TRUMP slid their souls to the devil.
If given a chance to do it all over again, I still would vote Trump over Hillary. I will never regret not voting for her. Not ever. I can easily feel this way since I would have simply not voted than to vote for her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT