ADVERTISEMENT

Glad I haven't given ESPN a penny in 4 years. Here is what YOU are paying for.

You visited their website, were bombarded by their advertisements from which generated revenue, and your consumer products will reflect that advertisement cost.

In my opinion, the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore are pure domestic terrorism. But, the real issue isn't about what espin does or says in regards to these issues. The problem as I see it is that the rest of us law abiding citizens sit back in our comfortable houses in our comfortable chairs and do absolutely nothing to combat this kind of terrorism.

Until the good, law abiding, tax paying citizens get their belly full and decide to fight back then this is going to get much worse. The only way to fight this is to get just as down and dirty as do the thugs who commit this kind of terrorism. The longer the rest of us sit back and take this crap the more difficult it is going to be to fix this problem.

In my opinion, the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore are pure domestic terrorism. But, the real issue isn't about what espin does or says in regards to these issues. The problem as I see it is that the rest of us law abiding citizens sit back in our comfortable houses in our comfortable chairs and do absolutely nothing to combat this kind of terrorism.

Until the good, law abiding, tax paying citizens get their belly full and decide to fight back then this is going to get much worse. The only way to fight this is to get just as down and dirty as do the thugs who commit this kind of terrorism. The longer the rest of us sit back and take this crap the more difficult it is going to be to fix this problem.
another low life TRUMP CHUMP supporter.

Reactions: blh111

Choosing between being a victim or a combatant, I choose the latter.

Choosing between being a victim or a combatant, I choose the latter.

But as Roy pointed out, the problem is that there are 3 options; victim, combatant, or spectator. It's really easy to be a spectator. Plus breathing oxygen is nice, and they make damn fine recliners and ice cold A/C these days.

Reminds me of my favorite exchange on Idiocracy:

Pvt. Joe Bowers: Why me? Every time Metsler says, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way," I get out of the way.

Sgt. Keller: Yeah, when he says that, you're not supposed to choose "get out of the way." It's supposed to embarrass you into leading - or at least following.

Pvt. Joe Bowers: That doesn't embarrass me.

another low life TRUMP CHUMP supporter.

lfL0UvH.gif

I think espn actually believes taking a left leaning stance on all these social issues will be good for their brand. I hope they are wrong

Reactions: toadfrog
I think espn actually believes taking a left leaning stance on all these social issues will be good for their brand. I hope they are wrong

This. As 22 pointed out, he isn't spending money and chances are their demographics show that younger peeps drop the bucks etc.

For the record, if you have cable, you are supporting ESPN to a certain degree. ;)

Reactions: Sooners83
Unfortunately, it seems nearly impossible these days to not support companies that promote things some of us don't agree with.

This. As 22 pointed out, he isn't spending money and chances are their demographics show that younger peeps drop the bucks etc.

For the record, if you have cable, you are supporting ESPN to a certain degree. ;)

WNAS is correct at least in my case. My carrier puts lot's of programming into packages so if there are several channels within that package you want... you end up with networks such as ESPN.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Personally, I love ESPN, but I don't give a sh*t about their awards or who they choose to honor (see Caitlyn Jenner). Just keep showing all kinds of sports like they've been doing since Day One. Mizzou getting this award means nothing to me and is not worth getting worked up over. And had 22 not made the posted and included the link, I would have never known. BFD.

Reactions: blh111

... And the f'n The Longhorn Network. When my cable company announced they were adding it, I dropped cable. I don't miss cable. Life without cable is... ...is... ....a life.

Well each to their own but I'm not dropping direcTV because of the LHN or a few others.

Left leaners watch sports? I would think sports were too violent for the average lefty. Are commercials safe spaces?

Kidding. Mostly.

So 22, if you don't have ESPN and it's family networks, how do you watch all the games they televise? I don't like the political jargon either, but I do love watching the sports channel..........

So 22, if you don't have ESPN and it's family networks, how do you watch all the games they televise? I don't like the political jargon either, but I do love watching the sports channel..........

Watch all the games? I have much more of a life than that. Anyway, I'll answer your question.

For decades, I've watched 60% of all OU games in-person. No more starting this year.

Prime time ESPN games are live and available FREE on ESPN3.com. The only hitch is, you watch the entire game on the overhead Skycam (which is awesome actually), or without play-by-play and only crowd noise (which is awesome actually), or in Spanish (which no es un problema for me).

On lesser games, I either listen to Toby Roland's play-by-play. I'm of the generation where listening was once how you followed sports. Or I take up an invitation to watch games at my son's house, friend's house, or gathering at a sports bar. More times than not, I've opted to listen to Toby and the ever-incredible coach Merv Johnson on the Sooner Sports Network. Much better real-time injury info. Twitter feeds show video replay of awesome plays within minutes.

I was watching on a Linux computer (Raspberry Pi), but my conscience told me to stop. I don't want to live outside the law in any capacity. I was watching sports and movies on P2P TV streams. I got rid off all that stuff (even though some of it is perfectly legit and legal). Why get into trouble for watching crap? Now I watch crap legally via paid Internet streams (Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc.)

All games are available for replay for Free on YouTube.

Last edited:
Well you can always get the opinionated play by play by reading the official Game Day threads! :)
The game day threads over on the pay board really are some great reading. Even during times when OU isn't playing very well, you can always get a great laugh at the reactions from the posters over there. lol :D

I have TWC internet but I cut the cable tv access last year. 22 mentioned Amazon Prime and I watch a lot of classic westerns on there. Movies and classic tv series. I joined for the free shipping it's a godsend living in the Austin metro. I'd rather moe the damn weeds out back than get in Austin traffic. I'm getting ready to order a 12 pack of men's briefs delivered to my house free and fast with prime. Anyway I'm watching the first season of Bonanza from 1959. I'm watching all 15 years of it. That's if I live that long. Wholesome watching for a change.

I have TWC internet but I cut the cable tv access last year. 22 mentioned Amazon Prime and I watch a lot of classic westerns on there. Movies and classic tv series. I joined for the free shipping it's a godsend living in the Austin metro. I'd rather moe the damn weeds out back than get in Austin traffic. I'm getting ready to order a 12 pack of men's briefs delivered to my house free and fast with prime. Anyway I'm watching the first season of Bonanza from 1959. I'm watching all 15 years of it. That's if I live that long. Wholesome watching for a change.

We finished the entire series of The Viginian from season 1 over a year ago. And recently started watching Gunsmoke season 1, episode 1... just about finished season 1. This all w/ DirecTV. We have apple TV as well and watch some stuff there too. Just so you know though, so far, Matt Dillon has killed someone in each & every episode and Chester buried them in Boot Hill. But the puzzling question is why does Doc have his office upstairs? Inquiring minds want to know. Everybody that gets sick (or mostly shot up) has to climb a flight of stairs. Not cool. Lastly, there was indeed a 'Dodge House' and also a 'Long Branch Saloon'. Although it's doubtful that the owner/operator was near as good looking as Kitty.

Reactions: iasooner1
We finished the entire series of The Viginian from season 1 over a year ago. And recently started watching Gunsmoke season 1, episode 1... just about finished season 1. This all w/ DirecTV. We have apple TV as well and watch some stuff there too. Just so you know though, so far, Matt Dillon has killed someone in each & every episode and Chester buried them in Boot Hill. But the puzzling question is why does Doc have his office upstairs? Inquiring minds want to know. Everybody that gets sick (or mostly shot up) has to climb a flight of stairs. Not cool. Lastly, there was indeed a 'Dodge House' and also a 'Long Branch Saloon'. Although it's doubtful that the owner/operator was near as good looking as Kitty.
Cool...
Did you know Chuck Conners as The Rifleman, shot and killed 120 bad guys during that series?
Shocking, like the wild west.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cool...
Did you know Chuck Conners as The Rifleman, shot and killed 120 bad guys during that series?
Shocking, like the wild west.:rolleyes:

And he wasn't even a Sheriff much less a US Marshall. My point is, that the very early seasons of these Westerns were big time toned down from the original year(s) w/ regards to the weekly killings. For example, the beginning of every episode of the first 8 weeks or so of Gunsmoke had Dillon, walking and meandering through the tombstones of Boot Hill discussing how, when, and why they ended up there. This quickly stopped and then moved to the scene of a gunfight/shootout in the middle of Dodge City's Main St. This didn't last but a couple of seasons before they toned this one down as well. I just find all this interesting. I think the guys watching Bonanza can also attest to how Ben & the boys were pretty aggressive early on shooting it up everywhere but then toned down it to being 'family' oriented etc.

And he wasn't even a Sheriff much less a US Marshall. My point is, that the very early seasons of these Westerns were big time toned down from the original year(s) w/ regards to the weekly killings. For example, the beginning of every episode of the first 8 weeks or so of Gunsmoke had Dillon, walking and meandering through the tombstones of Boot Hill discussing how, when, and why they ended up there. This quickly stopped and then moved to the scene of a gunfight/shootout in the middle of Dodge City's Main St. This didn't last but a couple of seasons before they toned this one down as well. I just find all this interesting. I think the guys watching Bonanza can also attest to how Ben & the boys were pretty aggressive early on shooting it up everywhere but then toned down it to being 'family' oriented etc.
Yep, that's why Combat and the Gallant Men got cancelled.
One key murder in Columbo is cool, necessary even.
The body count in WW2 is just depressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT