ADVERTISEMENT

Glad I don't own any Adrian Peterson merchandise....

Centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow laws did not destroy the black family, but one generation of the welfare state did. --Thomas Sowell

The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice - Mark Twain

I'm thinking Goodell will go back to having the players in the locker rooms during the National Anthem, just like they did before, to avoid any further criticism of him and/or the players and to avoid any further controversy.

I don't believe he will. The cat is out of the bag now. The NFL will lose alot of fans but it won't matter. With covid 19 limited seating, this will be the time to side w/ the majority of the players. Whether they are right or wrong. The claim is it isn't about the flag or the military. But rather the injustices to the black race. But yet they do use the flag as a prop as well as the anthem too. This is a bad move. It creates a bad image and signals they do not believe in the good that the USA does.

So I propose the following:

At kick off (beginning the game & the 2nd half) each receiving team do NOT take the field. Take your knee during this time, be about one's protesting, do it peacefully, get your attention for the cause you want, but do it without the use of the flag & anthem.

or I would be throwing it in the garbage!

Kneel all you want AD, that's your prerogative, bu
or I would be throwing it in the garbage!

Kneel all you want AD, that's your prerogative, but it's my prerogative to no longer respect you.
People can do what they do. Just because you don’t like it don’t make it right or wrong. I thought this was the land of the free,

Land of the free

And if you support a conservative station, you’ll lose your job

Mob rules

Only if it were that simple...the player went overboard in his approach and the coach should be more aware of what he is wearing in public. I appreciated how quickly they got on the same page and am hopeful this creates a map for future scenarios.

Only if it were that simple...the player went overboard in his approach and the coach should be more aware of what he is wearing in public. I appreciated how quickly they got on the same page and am hopeful this creates a map for future scenarios.
God almighty.....

Hopefully creates a map for future scenarios?? So then you enjoy the idea that whatever you wear in public must be approved by everyone, and if it doesn't then post outrage on social media to create enough pressure to force that person to conform to the opinions and desires of the person whom creates the outrage in the first place??

God almighty.....

Hopefully creates a map for future scenarios?? So then you enjoy the idea that whatever you wear in public must be approved by everyone, and if it doesn't then post outrage on social media to create enough pressure to force that person to conform to the opinions and desires of the person whom creates the outrage in the first place??

God Almighty. What I am saying it doesn't take much effort to take things into consideration, especially when your are the CEO (7 figures a year) for a major public University. If you cannot understand how the "news" agency could be a problem for black people, fine. Coach Gundy seemed to catch on quickly, it is not hard. It can be difficult for people set in their ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: newnasty
I'm a little right of center on most things. Having said this, I do think it is important for people to understand who they are and the position they hold. In Gundy's case, he's the leader of a college football team with many black kids at a very young age. An age that typically one learns how to and what they to believe & how express themselves. I think Gundy should know that whatever he does, wherever he goes, in today's world of social posting, he's always going to be in the limelight. Highly visible. So IMO, when he's out in the public, what he does, how he handles himself, including what he wears is very important to those that he represents. I think he learned this real fast. His balance in life going forward will be under scrutiny. In fact, everybody's will. Especially those in a leadership capacity.

God Almighty. What I am saying it doesn't take much effort to take things into consideration, especially when your are the CEO (7 figures a year) for a major public University. If you cannot understand how the "news" agency could be a problem for black people, fine. Coach Gundy seemed to catch on quickly, it is not hard. It can be difficult for people set in their ways.
So then we need to choose our attire to appease people depending on their skin color. Got it.

So then we need to choose our attire to appease people depending on their skin color. Got it.

No you don't have to, but if you are the CEO of a very public football program in the US, you might want to consider it. It may not match up with your beliefs, or my beliefs. But, his program is built, for the most part, on the performance of young black men. Might want to consider that, or be willing to suffer the outcome. If that doesn't work the athletes can go to a college they prefer and/or the coach can find a new gig. There are always choices.

No you don't have to, but if you are the CEO of a very public football program in the US, you might want to consider it. It may not match up with your beliefs, or my beliefs. But, his program is built, for the most part, on the performance of young black men. Might want to consider that, or be willing to suffer the outcome. If that doesn't work the athletes can go to a college they prefer and/or the coach can find a new gig. There are always choices.
Oh I agree. The kid can find someplace else to play if it's that big of an issue to him that his coach bend to his will and make's sure to do all things that appease to him. Or maybe he can look at playing college ball as a business decision that has nothing to do with the political beliefs of anyone. Just like people I work with or work for. Many have VASTLY different opinions than me. But I don't go around forcing them to succumb to my will in what they wear around me.

But in today's environment, there was never any doubt Gundy was going to get on his knees and apologize for the sin of wearing a t-shirt that some people may not agree with.

Oh I agree. The kid can find someplace else to play if it's that big of an issue to him that his coach bend to his will and make's sure to do all things that appease to him. Or maybe he can look at playing college ball as a business decision that has nothing to do with the political beliefs of anyone. Just like people I work with or work for. Many have VASTLY different opinions than me. But I don't go around forcing them to succumb to my will in what they wear around me.

But in today's environment, there was never any doubt Gundy was going to get on his knees and apologize for the sin of wearing a t-shirt that some people may not agree with.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess you are not a young black American. Further, I will guess you are not a 7 figure a year CEO of a major college football program; although I do not doubt your ability. I enjoy your insight and different points of view. However, to me, the comparison you provided is an apple and I am talking oranges. Is it as simple as you suggest; the people you work (train) with have to accept whatever you decide to wear?

I am going to go out on a limb and guess you are not a young black American. Further, I will guess you are not a 7 figure a year CEO of a major college football program; although I do not doubt your ability. I enjoy your insight and different points of view. However, to me, the comparison you provided is an apple and I am talking oranges. Is it as simple as you suggest; the people you work (train) with have to accept whatever you decide to wear?
I'm not a young black American, but what does that even matter? It shouldn't matter right? Or do my beliefs and opinions not matter as much if I'm a white guy??

I'll wear whatever I want. And I don't mind what anyone else wears. I'm not weak minded like that. If someone doesn't like what I'm wearing and it's a big enough issue for them, then they can just choose not to associate with me. It's as simple as that. Especially in this instance where apparently just Gundy wore the shirt on a fishing trip.

I've watched OAN a few times and the talent there isn't the highest paid in the world. But this bashing of them is more than a little unfair. They are conservative. But those claiming that they have problem with truth telling, are coming from those on the left. They are much closer to the truth than CNN, who has led the lying about the president the last three years plus. They made it their goal to get him impeached, despite the basis being a lie. Then when the lie was proven, they covered up for those who kept telling it, while claiming that the evidence was coming. That was also a lie.

Black LIves Matter may have some quality intentions. But they are not being held to any account by the drive by media. When a police officer died in the middle of the mess they caused, CNN was slient. They didn't even cover the funeral of the police officer who died.

OAN covered both. If you don't toe the liberal line, you are assailed for incompetence or worse. I've watched OAN for maybe 25 yours this year. About the same for CNN. OAN is much fairer, and likely to tell the truth.

Saying that others were lying about Trump, will get you in trouble with the left leaning, or farther collection of those who evaluate news media.

I'm not a young black American, but what does that even matter? It shouldn't matter right? Or do my beliefs and opinions not matter as much if I'm a white guy??

I'll wear whatever I want. And I don't mind what anyone else wears. I'm not weak minded like that. If someone doesn't like what I'm wearing and it's a big enough issue for them, then they can just choose not to associate with me. It's as simple as that. Especially in this instance where apparently just Gundy wore the shirt on a fishing trip.

I guess you and I live in different worlds. I do not think it is weak minded to consider what others wear or what I wear out. Being a young black man playing for a coach wearing that shirt, supporting that "news" station means more to many than you. And like you suggested the players made a choice.

I guess you and I live in different worlds. I do not think it is weak minded to consider what others wear or what I wear out. Being a young black man playing for a coach wearing that shirt, supporting that "news" station means more to many than you. And like you suggested the players made a choice.
If Gundy was wearing it on campus while on the job. I would agree with you. But all I saw was a photo of him on a fishing trip. But I guess even when you're out on your own time it's a sin to wear anything that some people may not agree with right? I mean god forbid he actually has his own beliefs, opinions, or may just be a conservative.

If Gundy was wearing it on campus while on the job. I would agree with you. But all I saw was a photo of him on a fishing trip. But I guess even when you're out on your own time it's a sin to wear anything that some people may not agree with right? I mean god forbid he actually has his own beliefs, opinions, or may just be a conservative.

I get it BR, it would drive me crazy. I understand he was with is family in an innocent and somewhat private moment. Gundy is a good dude, and the current news cycle claims another victim. My point was I can understand the players' point of view as well as coach's. That is why I said the player handled it wrong by going public. Also I think Gundy could try to understand, in his position, he is held to a different standard...perception is reality more than ever, especially in college football.

Reactions: BillyRay
When I was in high school, I used to wear a D.A.R.E. t-shirt when I ran out of laundry, and everyone that knew me in high school knew that was a lie.

When I'm at a sporting event, I'm not too proud to take a free t-shirt from a bank's advertising tent, and I'll wear it mowing the lawn. I don't give a crap what's written on a free t-shirt. They come in handy when you're doing mechanic work, lawn work, or..... wait for it...... go fishing.

edit:
I also hope everyone read the full article. This was a photo taken by some business and posted to their social media account. I doubt Gundy wanted to take it, but in the moment, you think about pleasing the person in front of you, not the millions that are imaginary to you. He got Shanghai'd.

And before someone says Shanghai'd is a racist term, they better research the enslavement of white men to sail the treacherous trade route from the American Northwest to China. They couldn't get anybody to take the jobs, because they were so dangerous, so they'd liquor guys up in bars until they passed out and they'd wake up on an already sailing ship to China.... Shanghai'd.

Last edited:
I get it BR, it would drive me crazy. I understand he was with is family in an innocent and somewhat private moment. Gundy is a good dude, and the current news cycle claims another victim. My point was I can understand the players' point of view as well as coach's. That is why I said the player handled it wrong by going public. Also I think Gundy could try to understand, in his position, he is held to a different standard...perception is reality more than ever, especially in college football.

Have a different view than the current mainstream and you will be punished. You will most likely lose your job, be ridiculed publicly, and most certainly be made to get on your hands and knees and apologize. We are quickly losing our freedom of speech

Reactions: BillyRay
Have a different view than the current mainstream and you will be punished. You will most likely lose your job, be ridiculed publicly, and most certainly be made to get on your hands and knees and apologize. We are quickly losing our freedom of speech
....Or even saying that "all lives matter", which I see as a sensible and unifying thing to say, and you're attacked.
I empathize with the main theme of the protests, but looting, stealing, vandalizing and assaulting people cannot be allowed. And don't these protesters understand that a protest is to gain support to their cause instead of spreading fear and hatred ?
And why haven't the Democratic leaders and supporters stepped up to condemn and discourage such violence ? Actually, I know why: they see it as a way of gaining the presidency in November, as they do with the pandemic. Liberal puppet Bill Maher said a year ago he hoped the economy would tank or something else would happen to remove Trump from office. He must be euphoric right now.
Our country is suffering from massive "internal bleeding" and I do not see anyone in politics who can resolve the problem.

College football coaches need to understand that today’s 18-23 year olds are a bunch of thin skinned, pampered, punk-a$$ bitches, and act accordingly in choosing their t shirts.

In other news, score one for the good guys. That charges were filed in this case is a complete travesty. Shooter clearly acted in self defense while leaving the conflict.
https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featur...querque-statue-shooting-justified-you-decide/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT