ADVERTISEMENT

Future OU uniforms

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Appears likely that OU's football uniforms may look a lot different starting next year as OU has signed on for the Jordan Brand (made by Nike) uniforms.
Hopefully, the uniform will adhere to the vintage uniform, but that's not at all likely.
I expect to see black and gray added, with two-tone red and white shoes, belts with little Sooner Schooners around them and other modifications.
Just another example of how the older I get, the more I have to leave behind.

Appears likely that OU's football uniforms may look a lot different starting next year as OU has signed on for the Jordan Brand (made by Nike) uniforms.
Hopefully, the uniform will adhere to the vintage uniform, but that's not at all likely.
I expect to see black and gray added, with two-tone red and white shoes, belts with little Sooner Schooners around them and other modifications.
Just another example of how the older I get, the more I have to leave behind.

This is the most depressing news I can imagine other than an announcement that Mike Stoops will return next year.

If Mike were to retire or moves on who would you want to take his spot....I would love to have Brent back...with his enthusiasm and Rileys youth recruiting would be epic....

I
1*PEQpOx4ryxvVb2lK4GSJNQ.jpeg

I think it will be a huge success on the recruiting trail. Kids love the Jordan brand and they get to keep their shoes. Read that Oregon players were selling theirs for up to 8k. A way to pay the players without paying the players.

Read that the helmet will be a matte color, That's the biggest change. I wouldnt mind the grey uniforms that OUr softball team wore last season.

Since when did Michael Jordan ever play football? Just seems odd to me. What's next, Hulk Hogan uniforms? Hell, why not Batman, Spider-Man or Superman for that matter.

Seeing a guy dunk on a football uniform makes as much sense as a liberal's policies.

Since when did Michael Jordan ever play football? Just seems odd to me. What's next, Hulk Hogan uniforms? Hell, why not Batman, Spider-Man or Superman for that matter.

Seeing a guy dunk on a football uniform makes as much sense as a liberal's policies.
Do you sit on your front porch and shout at your neighbors and the neighborhood kids? And nice way to get political... I bet you are a sheep as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjc8214
As much as I'm a traditional guy when it comes to OU's uniforms I say it's time the kids have a say in what they look like. As much work as they have to put in to be a D-1 football player these days they have earned the right.

Reactions: Tank Gossage
The Oklahoma uniform since WWII has basically consisted of crimson jerseys and white pants and aside from the switch from white helmets with a red strip down the center to an all red helmet with "OU" on the sides in 1966, and the width of the two stripes on the sides of the pants, recruiting from 1946 to 2015 was never hampered.
OU's legacy has been seen as the main attraction. Not an unnecessary fashion statement.
But it is about money and CFB reaps financial windfalls whoring itself to the whims of Nike's desire to make storied uniforms into Halloween costumes.

Don't think so. No coach or player is bigger than the Alabama program or the Alabama name.

The Tide fans I know are very keen on staying with the traditional Alabama uniform. Goes back to the Bear, and no one in Alabama that is a Tide fan believes the program has to attract recruits with uniforms. That would be an insult for the program. One day there will probably be minor chances (post Saban) like BAMA on the front of the jersey, just as an example, but unless the program falls completely off the map, I don’t think wholesale changes are in the cards. I thought Penn State would have taken a bigger step in that direction than they have given all the troubles they had, but am glad they didn’t. And if any uniform needed something PSU’s did. Haha.

Edit: BTW, I have a bunch of young Bama relatives....more than old farts like me. They all feel the same way as their old uncles and fathers....unless something has changed since I was back home last fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Oklabama, visiting Morgan County, Alabama is on my bucket list. My ancestors resided there when the soldiers came and ordered them to pack their bags for Haskell County, Oklahoma. I've read that the bi and tri racial characteristics are still evident in many of the Morgan County residents. I need to go check it out.

Codaleezza Rice and I have the same DNA admix but in different proportions. Her bunch stayed around Birmingham and were never ordered to make the move to Oklahoma.

Oklabama, visiting Morgan County, Alabama is on my bucket list. My ancestors resided there when the soldiers came and ordered them to pack their bags for Haskell County, Oklahoma. I've read that the bi and tri racial characteristics are still evident in many of the Morgan County residents. I need to go check it out.

Codaleezza Rice and I have the same DNA admix but in different proportions. Her bunch stayed around Birmingham and were never ordered to make the move to Oklahoma.

Spent time in Muscle Shoals and Huntsville last fall after visiting Anniston and Birmingham relatives. It had been about 10 years since the last trip back to the home state. We had reservations in Point Clear this September but cancelled because of the hurricane. I like travelling about Alabama and enjoy the golf courses and friendly people. If you want to talk football just mention it and you will have a conversation quickly.

I believe that Michigan has the Jordan brand on their football uniforms. I am not a fan of all the alternate uniforms. I love the traditional look of OUr uniforms and hope they never change. Programs that are rich in tradition don't need to have gimmicks to attract players in my opinion.

I

I think it will be a huge success on the recruiting trail. Kids love the Jordan brand and they get to keep their shoes. Read that Oregon players were selling theirs for up to 8k. A way to pay the players without paying the players.

I think it will be a huge success on the recruiting trail. Kids love the Jordan brand and they get to keep their shoes. Read that Oregon players were selling theirs for up to 8k. A way to pay the players without paying the players.[/QUOTE]

This uni looks good. Not sure if I like the idea of a matte helmet or the shoes.

This uni looks good. Not sure if I like the idea of a matte helmet or the shoes.[/QUOTE]
I would not mind the uniform in this picture. What I prefer are black shoes and white socks.
Some coaches have said that black shoes conceal the players' actual speed.....the players do not appear to be as fast as they really are in black shoes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT