ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Stutsman Declares For Draft

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
A big loss obviously but I feel confident this the right move for Danny, and that Kanak, Lewis and McKenzie are going to be ready next season.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Likely a 4th or 5th round pick, All Big 12 was easier than All SEC so I get why he is leaving. Not a huge loss, next man up.
And after seeing what some Tiny 12 offenses did to Kanak he better figure it out soon.

Likely a 4th or 5th round pick, All Big 12 was easier than All SEC so I get why he is leaving. Not a huge loss, next man up.

Wow. Really? I think your Razorback neighbor hacked into your Rivals account.

Stutsman is a CBS/247 All-American. It is a huge loss, both as a player and a team leader. But I'm not surprised by his declaring. Sad, but not surprised. I hope he does well.

Wow. Really? I think your Razorback neighbor hacked into your Rivals account.

Stutsman is a CBS/247 All-American. It is a huge loss, both as a player and a team leader. But I'm not surprised by his declaring. Sad, but not surprised. I hope he does well.
Nobody hacked me, my opinion. Guess we will see, he aint no Teddy Lehman. And the LB Corps was a big reason the D stunk it up the last few games. Venables needs some studs and he better be watching that Portal.
I hope he does well too, just not very high on the guy.

• Wow
Losing a leader and certainly some toughness. His injury at KU brought a huge gap in the defense. I am pretty sure his injury reduced his warrior play after sitting out Bedlam. So this makes two solid leaders in Danny and Drake no longer around for 2024. I am not sure who can step into that role in a very important first SEC season. We better recruit our ass off at LB.

And after seeing what some Tiny 12 offenses did to Kanak he better figure it out soon.
Kanak was lost out there back half of the season. We better coach him up, but with Roof’s history of backsliding, I cannot see this happening. Kip Lewis and…. to anchor LB crew??

Reactions: OUSOONER67
A name to watch for as his replacement is Phil Picciotti. Tore his pec and is out for this season, but should be ready for spring ball. 6'3 240lb, and will stick ya. I think he and McKenzie will be the guys in the middle, Kanak and Lewis need to play outside, they are just not big enough to play in the middle.

Does anyone know what a 4th Round pick these days bring in money value? Just curious as I dont follow the money values in pro sports these days.

I'm not going say much because generally I think you're a good dude but this is one dumbass, disrespectful "opinion".

Stutsman is a beast and a huge loss. But good for him! Best of luck to the young man and I can see him going in the 3rd Round, a lot will probably depend on his performance at the combine, but game tape don't lie!

Nobody hacked me, my opinion. Guess we will see, he aint no Teddy Lehman. And the LB Corps was a big reason the D stunk it up the last few games. Venables needs some studs and he better be watching that Portal.
I hope he does well too, just not very high on the guy.
OU was 10-0 with Stutsman available for the whole game and 0-2 when he wasn't. Some guys who were reported to be substandard in the "fits" are going to have to improve in a hurry. It's not just about the guy you lose. It's about how good the replacement might be.

Danny's body took a beating over the course of the season. He's going to need this time off to get his body ready for the pro evaluations. I'm happy for him, but sad that we won't have him in San Antonio. And he's every bit the equal of Ted Lehman. Defense is a lot more challenging than it was in Ted's day. The impact of the spread that Bob Stoops brought to modern football hadn't really had its full effect with mobile, talented running quarterbacks until the end of Ted's time at OU. And while I have no idea how good of a pro linebacker Danny will be. I suspect he'll last longer than Ted did in the NFL, if his health holds up.

Dont get me wrong I am happy for him and think its a sound decision on his part, but what pisses me off is if he indeed skips the bowl game, that hes quitting on his team. Go pro fine, make your money but you started the year as the starting middle linebacker and leader of this defense, you should finish what you started and lead your team to a bowl victory.

Dont get me wrong I am happy for him and think its a sound decision on his part, but what pisses me off is if he indeed skips the bowl game, that hes quitting on his team. Go pro fine, make your money but you started the year as the starting middle linebacker and leader of this defense, you should finish what you started and lead your team to a bowl victory.
Skipping bowl games for the draft is the norm these days it seems. Chaps my ass also. Like ct says, CFB is a farm system now. And as has always been, in the NFL you're only one injury away from your career ending.

I understand the sentiment of wanting these guys to play in the Bowl Games, but at the end of the day, if it's not a CFP game, it's meaningless for someone entering the draft. There really isn't anything for Stutsman to "gain" by playing, but their is a ton to lose if he blows out his knee or suffers some other major injury. His best bet for improving his current projected draft status is to train and then kill it at the Combine. Playing in the Alamo Bowl will have Zero affect on that.

And there it is, the pants pisser couldn't help himself.
Personal attacks because of hurt feelers. Grow up lil bitch.

Call em like I see them. Your take was bad. Bad enough you should know it's bad. Stutsman is a major loss.

I can't fault him if his draft grade was indeed a nice surprise. I also, don't fault him for not going to a worthless Alamo Bowl. It sounds like the exact opposite happened to DG and I don't fault him for extended his college career.

Call em like I see them. Your take was bad. Bad enough you should know it's bad. Stutsman is a major loss.
Yeah and it was my opinion. Don't start a personal attack because you can't handle an opinion. I am actually getting sick of it. Its a message board where there are all kinds of opinions that will be different than yours. I suggest you grow up and if someones opinion hurts your feelings then put your big girl panties on and deal with it and stop attacking someone because you can't handle it.
GFY

Reactions: 8085sooner
Yeah and it was my opinion. Don't start a personal attack because you can't handle an opinion. I am actually getting sick of it. Its a message board where there are all kinds of opinions that will be different than yours. I suggest you grow up and if someones opinion hurts your feelings then put your big girl panties on and deal with it and stop attacking someone because you can't handle it.
GFY

My opinion is that your opinion was dumb. I don't think it's me that can't handle an opinion.

Worth noting, not all opinions are equal...apparently.

No, you want to attack someone personally because an opinion set your panties on fire, big difference. Its exactly why this board was almost shut down yrs ago, personal attacks because of differences of opinion.
I say again GFY.

Reactions: 8085sooner
I understand the sentiment of wanting these guys to play in the Bowl Games, but at the end of the day, if it's not a CFP game, it's meaningless for someone entering the draft. There really isn't anything for Stutsman to "gain" by playing, but their is a ton to lose if he blows out his knee or suffers some other major injury. His best bet for improving his current projected draft status is to train and then kill it at the Combine. Playing in the Alamo Bowl will have Zero affect on that.
Bowl game stars used to be stars.

GFY
He does that quite often. It’s always a prick move

He reportedly “declared for the 2024 NFL Draft” which makes him ineligible to play NCAA football again. This according to published reports by Sooner Scoop.

No, you want to attack someone personally because an opinion set your panties on fire, big difference. Its exactly why this board was almost shut down yrs ago, personal attacks because of differences of opinion.
I say again GFY.

You can't handle a harsh judge of your opinion. Not my problem. If you're so offended report me and get me banned. Don't sit here and act above the fray with the shit your responding with. You wanna imply that Danny is running from the SEC and that our best defensive player is no loss. That's your opinion. Great. It's a terrible opinion. I won't disagree that degrading your opinion in the manner I did is a "personal attack" but I don't really care if your feelings were hurt in the process.

He reportedly “declared for the 2024 NFL Draft” which makes him ineligible to play NCAA football again. This according to published reports by Sooner Scoop.

I'm hearing mixed reports on it being "official". To much smoke though to not assume he's gone.

You can't handle a harsh judge of your opinion. Not my problem. If you're so offended report me and get me banned. Don't sit here and act above the fray with the shit your responding with. You wanna imply that Danny is running from the SEC and that our best defensive player is no loss. That's your opinion. Great. It's a terrible opinion. I won't disagree that degrading your opinion in the manner I did is a "personal attack" but I don't really care if your feelings were hurt in the process.
Keep pissing your pants.

wets-pants-ralph-wiggum.gif

He is not Lehman, he was a PHYSICAL freak at 250lbs and running a 4.4, 40, Lehman is Top 10 in OU history at LB. I would compare too a Rufus Alexander type player. His leadership and anchor of the defense will be missed and that loss will be tough to replace. I don't see him going any higher in the draft, with another year of CFB.

I wish him well and get why he's skipping a no nothing bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT