ADVERTISEMENT

Could this guy be our next wide receiver coach? link

Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
Welcome back bud!! We need guys like you around!
I never was gone. My computer crashed. I blame it on Absolute Zero. I kept up with the daily posts on my "smarter than I" phone. I lost all my saved gifs, so that should make everybody happy.......

wink.r191677.gif

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
Nope, get your ass in gear! We need your gifs now the way our month has been going!
Have you guys been getting an "error message" when trying to get on the board today? I have a new computer,I don't know if it's from my end or the site.

I know I don't like this windows 8. I liked my 7...............

Yeah, K2C. Been wondering about you. This guy looks like someone we need at OU. The way I read his bio, I think he and Riley have been on the same staff before. Do I have my dates right? If so, it even makes more sense and I bet Riley has a say in the hire from a recommendation point of view.

Originally posted by Oklabama:
Yeah, K2C. Been wondering about you. This guy looks like someone we need at OU. The way I read his bio, I think he and Riley have been on the same staff before. Do I have my dates right? If so, it even makes more sense and I bet Riley has a say in the hire from a recommendation point of view.
Yeah, you read it right. He also inherited Michael Crabtree at Tech. It would be interesting to see if J Mis would do a breakdown of all his receivers over the past few years.

One thing that scares me is we maybe turning into Texas Tech\ECU with better athletes. We better use Perine.................

And btw, what happens to our fullback game?

Originally posted by Soonersincefitty:
Hey K2C, I've got some cool GIFs I've saved for ya that are edgy but still doable here.

Be looking for those.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

(I vetted them, they're all good to go...IE, public domain)
Fitty, you can do it yourself. Here's how..............

Find a gif, y-tube or picture on the net you like. Right click and add it to your favorites.

Go to your favorites and right click. Scroll down to COPY and highlight.

Go back to the board and and hit crl v in the subject of your message.

You will probably want to write a message before doing this before hitting the ctrl v.

Give it a shot............

Remember, it has to be from a site with a WWW. not personal pictures unless it's loaded to flicker or photobucket.
This post was edited on 1/29 8:05 PM by K2C Sooner

K2C....I doubt there will be much of a fullback game, but I would think that Perine and the other backs are going to average more per carry in Riley's offense when all the dust settles. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the offense to jell, or is it gel? Anyway, I think Perine will thrive in Riley's offense and I'm certain that Bob has convinced Riley to make it happen. I just keep thinking about Q and how he was featured. I would love to see the Utah pass a few times next year as well. I'm not going to expect a lot this Spring, but I just hope the offense is going by Knoxville.

K2C....I doubt there will be much of a fullback game, but I would think that Perine and the other backs are going to average more per carry in Riley's offense when all the dust settles. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the offense to jell, or is it gel? Anyway, I think Perine will thrive in Riley's offense and I'm certain that Bob has convinced Riley to make it happen. I just keep thinking about Q and how he was featured. I would love to see the Utah pass a few times next year as well. I'm not going to expect a lot this Spring, but I just hope the offense is going by Knoxville.
just don't see Perine as a Q type

Excuse me. My edit: I was rudely interrupted by my new computer shutting me down while I was posting. It even changed my font style.

Okay, I'll try again. I just don't see Perine as a Q type back. He's a power runner.
This post was edited on 1/29 6:40 PM by K2C Sooner

Agreed. Perine and Q aren't alike but what I meant is Q was featured and I hope that Perine is featured this year. I have always preferred one featured back rather than rotating backs which appears to be Bob and Cale's preference, and I understand the arguments for playing two or even three backs. However when you have a Peterson, Murray, or a Perine that can handle a lot of carries, I like it. Perine showed us he can tote the ball last year. I expect he will be even stronger this year.

he sounds like a perfect fit, just wish Stoops would hurry up and pull the trigger. Also Simmons has a recruit from Okla. that is pretty damn good. kids name is Green. Could be a 2 for 1 deal

I like it. He's been successful at all stops. He's recruited Texas so he has a familiarity w' Texas HS Cocaches.He's coached with Riley. I don't see OU hiring anyone until NSD, although the selection is most likely already in place.

Welcome Back K2C.

Well alright then, let's make it happen! When will the Spring Game be played? Hope to be there.

Originally posted by WhyNotaSooner:
I like it. He's been successful at all stops. He's recruited Texas so he has a familiarity w' Texas HS Cocaches.He's coached with Riley. I don't see OU hiring anyone until NSD, although the selection is most likely already in place.

Welcome Back K2C.
I never left................ You guy's make me sound like the thread Fast-n-Loud posted about the zombie cat...............
dead and came back to life.........LOL.

Okay, back on subject. One thing that Norvell could do is coach his receivers up on blocking. I really believe our receivers were an B rating this year. I would hope our new receiver coach has a back ground with great blockers.

Barry Switzer lived off the both the great running backs, but you wouldn't start for him at wide out if you couldn't knock a defensive back on his butt.

We need both..................JMO

Until the end of the season, I was in the camp that felt that the defense needed to be fixed much more than the offense. At the end, even though I still felt like the offense was better, and the stats backs that up, I felt changes would be good on both sides. So, we get Coach Riley a young up and coming coach with stats at ECU, that are almost identical to JH! I think he has talent and potential and I like LR! I think he will bring energy and he will be hungry. The new enthusiasm and attitude, will hopefully be what we need. But, this bio on this coach DS , does not even include 2014. This year they won 3 games! Can anyone show me how he stacks up better against Jay in any category?? More wins, better recruits, better stats, anything ??? Why are we going to a program that has 3 wins, when we we trying to revive our program, back to national prominence ? Yes, we have better talent ( that Jay brought in), yes, Lincoldn Riley will have more to work with as a play caller, but I'm sorry , I still don't get placing the rebuilding of your entire program on a guy from ECU, without getting him someone to work with that is a proven consistent winner , in program similar to ours. And then there is the elephant , still standing in the room! Why have we not at least filled our open Defensive coaching position, with a proven winner. Just tonight, we lost another recruit to OSU, on national tv! I know we can't get them all, but Monty can't be everywhere either. Thank goodness we have him, and we paid him the money to stay, because he is working the D , and saving us. In my opinion, we would really be in a world of hurt , if not for him. I don't know, it may just be be me, but I just feel like program like ours, could reel in in some coaches that know how to get it done on the big stage! After all, we all heard, Josh wasn't ready for the big stage, and we should never have let him learn on the job! Sorry for the many edits , Yahoo kept kicking me off and telling it's engineers were working it out!

This post was edited on 1/30 9:43 PM by Sfenn3

Sfenn, very good post. It is going to be interesting but I think most fans are trusting Bob to bring in the best and get rid of the dead weight. Time will tell. I really like his decision to give Riley the offense and believe ihe is a good hire.

Originally posted by Sfenn3:
Until the end of the season, I was in the camp that felt that the defense needed to be fixed much more than the offense. At the end, even though I still felt like the offense was better, and the stats backs that up, I felt changes would be good on both sides. So, we get Coach Riley a young up and coming coach with stats at ECU, that are almost identical to JH! I think he has talent and potential and I like LR! I think he will bring energy and he will be hungry. The new enthusiasm and attitude, will hopefully be what we need. But, this bio on this coach DS , does not even include 2014. This year they won 3 games! Can anyone show me how he stacks up better against Jay in any category?? More wins, better recruits, better stats, anything ??? Why are we going to a program that has 3 wins, when we we trying to revive our program, back to national prominence ? Yes, we have better talent ( that Jay brought in), yes, Lincoldn Riley will have more to work with as a play caller, but I'm sorry , I still don't get placing the rebuilding of your entire program on a guy from ECU, without getting him someone to work with that is a proven consistent winner , in program similar to ours. And then there is the elephant , still standing in the room! Why have we not at least filled our open Defensive coaching position, with a proven winner. Just tonight, we lost another recruit to OSU, on national tv! I know we can't get them all, but Monty can't be everywhere either. Thank goodness we have him, and we paid him the money to stay, because he is working the D , and saving us. In my opinion, we would really be in a world of hurt , if not for him. I don't know, it may just be be me, but I just feel like program like ours, could reel in in some coaches that know how to get it done on the big stage! After all, we all heard, Josh wasn't ready for the big stage, and we should never have let him learn on the job! Sorry for the many edits , Yahoo kept kicking me off and telling it's engineers were working it out!

This post was edited on 1/30 9:43 PM by Sfenn3
Well, Lincoln Riley was hired at OU as sole OC, making $112K less than Josh Heupel as Co-OC.

Yes, Lincoln Riley is only making $500K per year.

I just wonder if budget cuts were required for any new hires?

I don't see Bob going after bigtime assistants and throwing money around like LSU or Bama. If that was the case, he most likely would have hired those big names to bolster recruiting.

Mike Stoops is paid $856K, so that may not allow for a bigtime hire at Cornerback or LB.

This post was edited on 1/31 8:57 AM by JMISASANO

Sfenn, very good post. It is going to be interesting but I think most fans are trusting Bob to bring in the best and get rid of the dead weight. Time will tell. I really like his decision to give Riley the offense and believe ihe is a good hire.
I like the hire too. But from what we can read so far, we're going to be the Oklahoma Red Raiders.
All offense and little defense. Time will tell.

Oh please be wrong, WNAS. If that's what we become then there's no hope. That's what has many fans worried. If Bob is going to keep Mike he is really gambling on Mike turning the defense around. Question remains what will Mike do differently with Monty as his Co- worker? Returning 9 starters may help but not if the defense is positioned as last year, IMO.

Originally posted by K2C Sooner:

Originally posted by Soonersincefitty:
Hey K2C, I've got some cool GIFs I've saved for ya that are edgy but still doable here.

Be looking for those.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

(I vetted them, they're all good to go...IE, public domain)
Fitty, you can do it yourself. Here's how..............

Find a gif, y-tube or picture on the net you like. Right click and add it to your favorites.

Go to your favorites and right click. Scroll down to COPY and highlight.

Go back to the board and and hit crl v in the subject of your message.

You will probably want to write a message before doing this before hitting the ctrl v.

Give it a shot............

Remember, it has to be from a site with a WWW. not personal pictures unless it's loaded to flicker or photobucket.

This post was edited on 1/29 8:05 PM by K2C Sooner
You da man!
vK7Cl.gif

Oh please be wrong, WNAS. If that's what we become then there's no hope. That's what has many fans worried. If Bob is going to keep Mike he is really gambling on Mike turning the defense around. Question remains what will Mike do differently with Monty as his Co- worker? Returning 9 starters may help but not if the defense is positioned as last year, IMO.
I hear you loud & clear and I'm only speculating. We seem to be baning on 9 returning starters and added depth. Perhaps things will change. Between Bob & Mike, this year it's cut bait or fish, Bob has chosen to fish. It's going to be cut bait only this time next year if the defense doesn't improve.

Thanks everyone for your answers! I like the coach Riley hire too. I think he has shown he can run an offense and has recruited well for ECU. I was hoping for a higher profile WR coach to pair with his youth and enthusiasm! I guess I was hoping for someone from a program similar to ours, and a recent winning record. I just don't see DS as an upgrade from Jay, but I guess he is a better fit I know Jay needed to develop our talent better! I know DS has been successful before, and has some good talent to work with. The new defensive coach, at least gives me hope we are not going to be the new Red Raiders with a little defense ( which I was very worried about too)!! I think Cooks is a home run!! But, I'm trusting coach Stoops to get it done!! Hopefully, DS will do better developing the talent and helping Coach Riley implement this new offense. I alway enjoy the great discussion here!! Boomer!!!

This post was edited on 2/1 10:56 PM by Sfenn3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT