ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching hot seat?

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
The net is abuzz that Les Miles will be fired at LSU. I visited the Tiger board and the posters are livid over the demise of the LSU program. Apparently one regent has said it's a done deal....Interesting.

BTW, Would Mike Gundy be the favorite to replace him?

If Gundy isn't the top choice, I bet he not far back on anyone's list needing a head coach. This would be a great year for Mike to take advantage of any better opportunity, and there are a few really good ones out there. I haven't heard anything about LSU, but that would be a good one for Gundy if true. Don't think Southern Cal would be a fit.

The net is abuzz that Les Miles will be fired at LSU. I visited the Tiger board and the posters are livid over the demise of the LSU program. Apparently one regent has said it's a done deal....Interesting.

BTW, Would Mike Gundy be the favorite to replace him?
There are always false reports about a supposedly "done deal". Now if Miles does get fired then they could very well get their second OSU coach.

Why would Mike Gundy want to leave? He's paid well to coach his alma mater, and he's built a pretty good program there. I'd think he's pretty happy right where he is.

I bet Les wishes the McNeese State game hadn't been cancelled in September. LOL. If A&M beats him next game, he will have from 7-0 to 7-4. Not good! Maybe cancelling to McNeese State was a blessing. Going 8-0 to 8-4 may be worse.

Well losing to Ole Miss didnt help anything...cant stand Les anyway.

Me either, but he is the last guy I would want to see leading the Oklahoma State Cowboys. He could be a lot more effective now than before. Not to worry, there's no way.

Well has Gundy's relationship with Holder and Pickens been smoothed over?? I thought a few years ago there was some bigtime head bumping between them??

Who knows? I haven't seen anything about any rifts between them, really since the Tennessee rumors a couple of years ago.

LSU would be a fool to let Miles go. As much as I dislike him he's still a heck of a coach and see no reasons why they would even consider letting him go. Nothing more than the typical BS the media wants to write about just to get their stories published.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Well..I wouldn't say Strong is gonna up and "leave" Texas..more like he is gonna have that decision made for him. Lol

Actually, there was a discussion about this on OKC sports talk on Friday... (Hold on to your hat)...

There is talk about Strong leaving without a buyout if he takes another job. And there are donors at TEXAS who want to hire Les Miles. I searched for a link a couple of days ago. An Orangebloods thread came up in my search engine, but I could not read the content as I'm not a subscriber.

Doesn't surprise me that Horn donors would eat this deal up. I bet I could guess the ringleader. But where would Strong go? North Texas, Missouri, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, USC, or one of the vacancies that open up when coaches fill in the above? Miami is a possibility.

Actually, there was a discussion about this on OKC sports talk on Friday... (Hold on to your hat)...

There is talk about Strong leaving without a buyout if he takes another job. And there are donors at TEXAS who want to hire Les Miles. I searched for a link a couple of days ago. An Orangebloods thread came up in my search engine, but I could not read the content as I'm not a subscriber.
Wow if this turns out to be true it would be a frikin crazy turn of events lol

Not that I give a rats rear about the SEC but how can you fire a coach with this type of work record????

BCS National Champions in 2007

2011 AP National Coach of the Year
2011 Home Depot National Coach of the Year
2011 Walter Camp National Coach of the Year
2011 Liberty Mutual National Coach of the Year
Second-winningest coach in LSU history with 103 victories (entering 2015 season)
SEC Champions in 2007 and 2011
13-0 regular-season record in 2011

10 straight Bowl Games
Never a losing season....

Not that I give a rats rear about the SEC but how can you fire a coach with this type of work record????

BCS National Champions in 2007
2011 AP National Coach of the Year
2011 Home Depot National Coach of the Year
2011 Walter Camp National Coach of the Year
2011 Liberty Mutual National Coach of the Year
Second-winningest coach in LSU history with 103 victories (entering 2015 season)
SEC Champions in 2007 and 2011
13-0 regular-season record in 2011
10 straight Bowl Games
Never a losing season....

It is because LSU fans are crazy and do not realize the rest of the world chooses not to be LSU fans.

LSU is looking at close to $15M to buy out Les. Fans and boosters may want it, but the AD doesn't. He gets one more year. Gundy is The King in The Stool and he's not going to LSU, regardless of the past feud he had with Holder a while back. And as someone (wadster?) pointed out, it's a much easier path to the top four in the B12 than the SEC. Charlie's got one more year at texass, so I don't see him going anywhere either. If he pulls a Bobby Petrino and leaves texass before next season, it could a very career-limiting move.

There will be a lot of coaching changes in the next couple months, but I don't see any of these coaches or programs making changes at HC.

LSU is looking at close to $15M to buy out Les. Fans and boosters may want it, but the AD doesn't. He gets one more year. Gundy is The King in The Stool and he's not going to LSU, regardless of the past feud he had with Holder a while back. And as someone (wadster?) pointed out, it's a much easier path to the top four in the B12 than the SEC. Charlie's got one more year at texass, so I don't see him going anywhere either. If he pulls a Bobby Petrino and leaves texass before next season, it could a very career-limiting move.

There will be a lot of coaching changes in the next couple months, but I don't see any of these coaches or programs making changes at HC.

15 Million?
See, different strokes.
I'd take that and run with it.

Put an entire law firm on retainer to keep me out of court.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT