ADVERTISEMENT

Can we score 10+ points in the 2nd half?

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
We haven't the last two games (7 vs ISU and 9 vs UT).

Part of this I think is transitioning from patsies to solid foes - vs. patsies there's no doubt Riley was planning on resting Mayfield in the 2nd half...does that lead to a bad-habit mindset in general in the 2nd half? And you know he thought Mayfield would even be pulled vs Baylor going into that game and sure enough we only score 7 in the 3rd (but score twice in the 4th in an unexpected dogfight vs. a terrible team). ISU looked like another example, especially with their starting QB out, that we wouldn't need a strong second half effort.

From here on out, even vs. KU, we need to game plan to step on people's throats in the 3rd quarter, and finish. And I hope that starts today vs. KSU, a potential trap game.

Three words: half-time adjustments. Let's see them Riley.

Reactions: iasooner1
With six games remaining, and aside from playing a bad Kansas team, every game is potentially dangerous.
So I'm more concerned with just winning...however "ugly"....and not with style points or running up the score or "stepping on people's throats".
There's too much parity in CFB to prioritize blowing opponents out. Take a win and move on.

With six games remaining, and aside from playing a bad Kansas team, every game is potentially dangerous.
So I'm more concerned with just winning...however "ugly"....and not with style points or running up the score or "stepping on people's throats".
There's too much parity in CFB to prioritize blowing opponents out. Take a win and move on.

Well said CTOkie.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT