ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams Enters Portal

Don’t worry the transfer portal has an exit door at USC too. Riley will get his just due

For What It's Worth: I asked a good friend (neighbor on my street) that is a USC grad to run a check on the Caleb story with his big money donor buddies. My guy is wealthy but is not a USC donor or a football fan. He has extensive business holdings in SoCal with old USC GDI buddies that keeps him in contact. He knocked on my door a couple hours ago with a six of Anchor Porter (our favorite). He said big money has been offered but yet to be accepted to CW as of noon today. Based on two years with incentives like conference champions, natty champions etc. His guess of big money was $2.5 to $3.0 a year base with car and allowances. He was absolutely shocked with what he heard. He said "USC learned nothing from OJ". He had no idea who CW was before today and was shocked to learn high schoolers go to the highest bidder.
Wow that’s definitely pay to play not how the NIL is supposed to work

I guess I'm at the point that I really don't understand what is taking Caleb so long. I mean does he seriously not know where he wants to play next year?! This type of indecision should give any team pause that is considering bringing him on board and the boosters that are shelling out no telling how much NIL money.

I guess I'm at the point that I really don't understand what is taking Caleb so long. I mean does he seriously not know where he wants to play next year?! This type of indecision should give any team pause that is considering bringing him on board and the boosters that are shelling out no telling how much NIL money.
It's a disservice too towards all of the other players whose decisions are gated by his.

As a fan, I dont have any respect for CW or for his dad who seems to be in this for his gain as much as his sons. CW chose to hit the portal and like BS has said “ No one individual is bigger than the program”. The NIL crap is already rearing its ugly head with these high star athletes basically saying “ I am the program”. Screw that

As a fan, I dont have any respect for CW or for his dad who seems to be in this for his gain as much as his sons. CW chose to hit the portal and like BS has said “ No one individual is bigger than the program”. The NIL crap is already rearing its ugly head with these high star athletes basically saying “ I am the program”. Screw that
Kudos.

Well if CW was going to OU he’s sure missing out on helping with recruiting. Selfish. I wish the coaches would just come out and end it with a statement so we can save some face and don’t look like we got left at the alter

Well if CW was going to OU he’s sure missing out on helping with recruiting. Selfish. I wish the coaches would just come out and end it with a statement so we can save some face and don’t look like we got left at the alter
I think OU has made the statement you wished for by bringing in Gabriel and then inviting Dart and Purdy to visit.....as well as signing Evers out of high school.
Actions speak louder than words. Bye, bye, Caleb.

The more I read and hear from Carl Williams, the more it sounds like Caleb is his lottery ticket and he's driving all this. Just my opinion but I don't want the QBs dad being a drama lightening rod for 2 more years.
Exactly. I’m not so naive to think that parents don’t influence their teenager children but there are too many fathers/mothers that go well beyond the average. Anytime a parent becomes the overwhelming decision maker it’s not good , IMO. So get a life, Carl.

USC fans got their bunghole all tightened up over Caleb. They are squirming and I guarantee Riley is tightened up too, he’s potentially losing Dart and Williams. I think he loses Dart for sure just because Riley was shady with his family and Williams may go elsewhere if he can get a better money deal than USC. I don’t think he really wants to go to USC but he’s greedy

Last edited:
I believe Caleb loved OU! The Roar-of-the-Crowd is always Music to the ears of Athletes...The Chanting of 'We Want Caleb', then GETTING HIM, and the Hero Worship that followed, is heady 'Stuff' for anyone, but especially a 19 year old! I think he gets 'Out There' and sees for himself that There is ONLY One Oklahoma, and he has made the mistake of his life by walking away from it! The Adulation and Accolades can't replace the Fellowship of his OU team mates and Coaches, and it is slowly sinking in that 'You Can't Put a Price Tag on Everything'...I believe he has Seller's Remorse, and doesn't know how to handle it! He has probably allowed Stinkin' Lincoln and his Helicopter father, Carl to talk him into doing something that doesn't feel good...The delay is caused from his not being able to pull the trigger on what Daddy Dearest says he needs to do, and Boy Wonder is reluctant to follow through, resulting in prolonged foot dragging....My 2 Cents...

Last edited:
So UGA is off the table with Bennett returning for his senior year. Did Carl not learn anything about Riley last year. Rattler was the preseason #1 pick going to run away with the Heisman. What happened he got benched. Rattler was Rileys first true QB and he failed Rattler. When the chants of We Want Malachi, start happening CW is going to wish he was back in Norman. Plus no one watches West Coast football.

So UGA is off the table with Bennett returning for his senior year. Did Carl not learn anything about Riley last year. Rattler was the preseason #1 pick going to run away with the Heisman. What happened he got benched. Rattler was Rileys first true QB and he failed Rattler. When the chants of We Want Malachi, start happening CW is going to wish he was back in Norman. Plus no one watches West Coast football.
When Carl wakes up and realizes his mistake, and tries to get back in The Palace on the Prairie, is he going to find the gate locked? I believe he will soon be knockin' at the door...

If it was truly about the NFL and not the NIL then he would have stayed put. He would have Mims, Wease, Stoops, M. Williams, Darby to throw to. Next year's defense will be night and day better and will get the offense on the field more. Last season the defense couldn't get off the field limiting QB playing time ( Kansas game). Hopefully, BV has had conversations with team captains on whether CW should be cut loose or should they try to keep him. Without the players behind you no QB will be successful

Exactly. If Williams was smart, he would stay in the middle of the country.
And he would realize Riley is a very overrated commodity.
Riley's post season resume speaks for itself. A Sugar Bowl win over a very depleted Florida team and 3 loses in the CFP (two by blowouts) is not impressive.
I'll state it again....Riley's flight to the west coast was "addition by subtraction" for OU.

I still believe OL is and should be priority one. Lots of projects with the existing ones. Chris Murray probably the strongest of the returning ones. I am very concerned about the center position candidates. Raym had to many opposing DL pushing him around.

Reactions: Belldozer1
If it was truly about the NFL and not the NIL then he would have stayed put. He would have Mims, Wease, Stoops, M. Williams, Darby to throw to. Next year's defense will be night and day better and will get the offense on the field more. Last season the defense couldn't get off the field limiting QB playing time ( Kansas game). Hopefully, BV has had conversations with team captains on whether CW should be cut loose or should they try to keep him. Without the players behind you no QB will be successful
Not arguing with you just genuinely curious why you think our defense will be so much better? All of our defensive line starters except Redmond are gone. I have my doubts that our transfer portal additions on the defensive line are going to easily replace Isaiah Thomas, Bonnito, Winfrey etc. I know BV can coach but that seems like a tall order to me.

Not arguing with you just genuinely curious why you think our defense will be so much better? All of our defensive line starters except Redmond are gone. I have my doubts that our transfer portal additions on the defensive line are going to easily replace Isaiah Thomas, Bonnito, Winfrey etc. I know BV can coach but that seems like a tall order to me.
while I am not @ShamWowed I will reply anyway....

scheme will be much improved. that "speed d" nonsense actually made our good players worse and often Grinch's idiotic rotations took them off the field.

we will have a more sound scheme and the best players will be on the field.

that's why it will be better.

I believe Bates will have the DL playing at a high level, this will allow the LB'ers, which will be the strength of this team to make plays. The secondary is still a question mark, but Im optimistic that they will also play at a higher level.

while I am not @ShamWowed I will reply anyway....

scheme will be much improved. that "speed d" nonsense actually made our good players worse and often Grinch's idiotic rotations took them off the field.

we will have a more sound scheme and the best players will be on the field.

that's why it will be better.
SoonerPride....your definitely right on this one!

Reactions: SoonerPride
ADVERTISEMENT